Mini Bar Set up for Elite Passengers in a Full

wavefairy

Just wondering how many mini-bar set ups elite passengers receive when in a full suite. I have heard that you get a 2nd set up but would like confirmation on the rule Princess follows.

Best Regards

Wavefairy

Just ending our cruise in a full suite and they give one. Also, if you call room service you can sub some of the alcohol/soda for something else you'd prefer.

You can definitely get 2 setups for Suite and Elite, but we have had to call for the Elite one. Boarding day they deliver the Suite setup and then we called the next day for the Elite one.

Worked this way for us too on the Golden in November.

• 1 year later...
You should get one for being in a suite and a secind one if one or more passengers in the suite are Elite.

Is this true, do we get 2 mini-bar set-ups in a full suite, if Elite???

What has been your experience????

Thanks,

Grace

Yes, you will get two (Elite + Suite)

I finally created the exchange form that Room Service used. Sure makes it easier. I generally do not call on the first day. They are so busy. Some ships require you to be in the room (what a bother).

On my b2b2b, one of the mini-bars will be exchanged for 2 coffee cards. Seems like such a waste to turn in good Cognac for a bottle of water.

Is this true, do we get 2 mini-bar set-ups in a full suite, if Elite???

What has been your experience????

Thanks,

Grace

Yes, we got two setups last month on the Ruby. One for the suite and one for elite but only one for elite even though there were two unrelated elites in the suite.

Mike:)

We have never failed to get 2 mini bar set ups when in a full suite. Princess clearly states that they provide one for those in a full suite and one for being elite.

Since each of us is Elite, we believe we should get 3. But thus far we have never been able to convince Princess

We have never failed to get 2 mini bar set ups when in a full suite. Princess clearly states that they provide one for those in a full suite and one for being elite.

Since each of us is Elite, we believe we should get 3. But thus far we have never been able to convince Princess

if thats the case if there's two elites in the cabin they should get 2....nice thinking but i dont think so

Yes, we got two setups last month on the Ruby. One for the suite and one for elite but only one for elite even though there were two unrelated elites in the suite.

Mike:)

There are many "unfair" policies towards singles who travel together. I am in agreement with you. They should be able to tell because each has their own Captain Circle Number. I was able to modify the printed stationary in our suite to include personalized headers for each of us by going to the Service Manager on the Golden on one cruise (to be followed up by 2 more suite voyages). He was absolutely wonderful and said that he would continue to do this for any passengers who were in a suite but did not share the same last name. Unfortunately, this was specific to only the Golden (or whatever ship he moves to).

But I am sure that this would open a can of worms for them. So I resigned myself to be grateful for the generosity of Princess in receiving any "gifts".

Edited by cr8tiv1

Just wondering how many mini-bar set ups elite passengers receive when in a full suite. I have heard that you get a 2nd set up but would like confirmation on the rule Princess follows.

Best Regards

Wavefairy

in answer to your question about refils on bar set ups. the answer is no unless you want to pay for what you will be using. the original setup is free.but you might like to know that you can ask that all the booze be removed and replaced with soft drinks etc. hope this helps.

bosshogg1

I can't understand why when two related elite's in a non suite share one minibar setup, people think they should get two minibar setups in a non suite just because they are either unrelated or have different last names.

Maybe it should be one per elite but at this time it isn't one per elite, it is one per cabin. It is also one per cruise which might be 1 day or 20 days.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Was in full suite last month and am elite.

We got 2 free mini bar set ups.

The first was in our suite when we arrived.

Our cabin steward ordered the free second set up-we didn't even have to ask.

Best cabin steward ever!:p

I can't understand why when two related elite's in a non suite share one minibar setup, people think they should get two minibar setups in a non suite just because they are either unrelated or have different last names.

Maybe it should be one per elite but at this time it isn't one per elite, it is one per cabin. It is also one per cruise which might be 1 day or 20 days.

Terry

I am very fortunate to have a friend to cruise with that thinks along the same lines as myself. We happily share the one (1) mini-bar per stateroom even though we are both elites. I understand their policy of one per cabin. We are happy that Princess' Captain Circle appreciates our patronage and offers incentives to keep us. But there are a few things that Princess still does not understand about singles traveling together. We (and not together "we") were given a boutonneire and a corsage (suite perk) even when out portfolio says "Ms". When I called to ask about this, they apologized but said they could not do anything about it.

I've learned not to sweat the small things. After all, we are on a cruise, have free liquor, laundry, and a bunch of other really niceties.

This is the way it is. I am not a drinker (but love the miniature bottles to take home), so being able to swap out the mini-bar for sodas, water, coffee cards, wine, etc is very generous of Princess.

• 2 months later...

Could you please tell me where Princess clearly states this? I would love to have something in print to show them on our 2 upcoming cruises....assuming they aren't charging us the $3 room service fee to bring them!!

Thanks