Help. I'm so confused with Royal's cabins

lovevacadays

Then, based on your mid to aft and non-public preference, I would say you would be happiest with a B or D grade cabin within those types. Or a 4 grade if you want a fully aft facing cabin. On the Royal, those types are all available on several different decks, from the Riviera deck (14) all the way down to the Dolphin deck (9), so you are able to choose between higher and lower decks with the same cabin grades.

To compare the cabins you already know and love, using the Crown as an example:

-A mini on Dolphin deck from the midships stairs to the aft will be MB, or MD the further aft you go. Split is about halfway down in the region of cabin#616/618.

-The balconies directly above those mid to aft minis will be BB and BD on Caribe, Baja, and Aloha.

-Riviera deck, because it is under the public Lido, is downgraded one level, so its balconies are BC and BE.

-Aft facing balconies are going to be grade B4, the top grade of balcony on the existing ships.

Does that help?

Just a quick question and Please correct me if I am wrong. From looking at the deck plans for the Royal, it seems that Mini-Suites are only available from Caribe deck (10) and up. I only see Balcony, Deluxe Balcony, Interior, Premium Deluxe Balcony and Suites listed for the Dolphin deck (9). Along with Partially Obstructed Balcony cabins on Emerald deck (8). Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

don't want to infringe on your roll call but had to stop in and say to some lost friends.

hey Joe and Amelia, Sean Stacey and Taylor say hi and we now have a new edition to the cruising clan, jack. It looks like you have the same idea we have on taking the US Maiden voyage on the Royal . As for the deck plans, it is confusing. I previously had 2 cabins for the maiden 7 day but decided to book the 14 day Tran Canal from LAX to FLL 3/22/13. Well if you want to get in touch so we can touch base before the Royal cruise opens for next Oct 13 then email me at ohiostatebuckeyes25 at yahoo dot com.

Now back to your regular scheduled roll call. Thank you

Just a quick question and Please correct me if I am wrong. From looking at the deck plans for the Royal, it seems that Mini-Suites are only available from Caribe deck (10) and up. I only see Balcony, Deluxe Balcony, Interior, Premium Deluxe Balcony and Suites listed for the Dolphin deck (9). Along with Partially Obstructed Balcony cabins on Emerald deck (8). Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Hi,

How were you able to book the Royal on 10/27? I was just on their site and they don't have that sailing on their website yet.

Hi,

How were you able to book the Royal on 10/27? I was just on their site and they don't have that sailing on their website yet.

Royal arrives into FLL on 10/27 and no caribbean itineraries have been released as yet.

don't want to infringe on your roll call but had to stop in and say to some lost friends.

hey Joe and Amelia, Sean Stacey and Taylor say hi and we now have a new edition to the cruising clan, jack. It looks like you have the same idea we have on taking the US Maiden voyage on the Royal . As for the deck plans, it is confusing. I previously had 2 cabins for the maiden 7 day but decided to book the 14 day Tran Canal from LAX to FLL 3/22/13. Well if you want to get in touch so we can touch base before the Royal cruise opens for next Oct 13 then email me at ohiostatebuckeyes25 at yahoo dot com.

Now back to your regular scheduled roll call. Thank you

Unless I am really really wrong, this is not a roll call... Just a thread about cabins on the new Royal Princess.

Hi,

Royal arrives into FLL on 10/27 and no caribbean itineraries have been released as yet.

I have it listed because I'm going on pure speculation that when it arrives the morning of the 27th, it should depart that evening.

My TA knows that the moment the bookings open up, she is to reserve me a cabin. As to where it is going, I don't know and don't care as long as I am on the "Maiden" U.S. Voyage which is what we did on the Emerald Princess in Oct. of 2007 after she spent her first 6 months on the "other side of the pond".

the only thing that may hinder it leaving on the 27th would be if they offer some of those 2 and 3 day cruises for some of the media, ta's, etc

I guess it's possible, but it is a Sunday, a major departure day for 7 day cruises.

Customer Relations have been asked the question about lack of stairs on the middle decks above the Promenade .The answer is that there will be stairs there.With the haste the plans were put together so all could view these were left out.

:confused: The deck plans are used to build the ship - they are put together far before the first piece of steel is laid - I think they were pulling your leg.

The deck plans put out for customers to see are extremely simplified from the working drawings that would be produced to build the ship. It is possible that there was an error made when making them that eliminated the middle stairs. Considering that the Grand was built without those stairs for passenger use and then those stairs were made available for passenger use in all the following sister ships, I would be shocked to see the Royal built without them. I really hope those stairs are there and that it was an oversight on their part in releasing the deck plans, fingers crossed.

With the deck plans there is a statement about obstructed view balcony cabins which indicates that the obstruction will be a solid rail and not the clear blue Plexiglas like on other ships. It says that the balcony railing has "either solid steel or toughened glass railing" and that the type of view is determined by the type of railing.

My TA told me that's the way other cruise lines with solid railings determine whether it is an obstructed oceanview balcony or not. We selected an unobstructed oceanview balcony cabin because we didn't want to sit on our balcony chairs looking at the railing & the sky if in fact that will be the "obstruction".

So to clarify, if it's not an obstructed view cabin there should be the plexiglass you can see through? I'm probably going to book tomorrow and have the option of BB or BD balcony cabins that I'm looking at. There is an $800 total difference between these two categories. I can't seem to see a major reason why.

I have it listed because I'm going on pure speculation that when it arrives the morning of the 27th, it should depart that evening.

My TA knows that the moment the bookings open up, she is to reserve me a cabin. As to where it is going, I don't know and don't care as long as I am on the "Maiden" U.S. Voyage which is what we did on the Emerald Princess in Oct. of 2007 after she spent her first 6 months on the "other side of the pond".

Fabulous! Positive thinking and a plan!

With the deck plans there is a statement about obstructed view balcony cabins which indicates that the obstruction will be a solid rail and not the clear blue Plexiglas like on other ships. It says that the balcony railing has "either solid steel or toughened glass railing" and that the type of view is determined by the type of railing.

My TA told me that's the way other cruise lines with solid railings determine whether it is an obstructed oceanview balcony or not. We selected an unobstructed oceanview balcony cabin because we didn't want to sit on our balcony chairs looking at the railing & the sky if in fact that will be the "obstruction".

So to clarify, if it's not an obstructed view cabin there should be the plexiglass you can see through? I'm probably going to book tomorrow and have the option of BB or BD balcony cabins that I'm looking at. There is an $800 total difference between these two categories. I can't seem to see a major reason why.

Yes, based on the Princess statement about the deck plans, it appears that a non-obstucted view balcony will have a "toughened glass" blue plexiglass-type of 'railing'.

We booked a DB before the prices went up & apparently so have many others booked a 'deluxe' balcony category because many categories are 'sold out'. Based on the Princess info, the 'deluxe' is only a 11 sq.ft larger & they squeeze in a small couch so it will be interesting to hear what the 1st Royal passeners will think about deluxe vs. standard. The cabin diagram shows a bigger balcony with a deluxe however based on the deck plan the deluxe shows the same size as a standard balcony. The larger the cabin, the further it goes out into the hallway.

Based on the deck plans, it appears that the difference between a BB & BD is location...more for lower deck cabins closer to midship. I don't know if an $800 difference is worth it to you for a slightly 'better' location which is a relative term that each of us defines in our own way. I agree with you, I don't see a major reason why there's such a big difference in price? On the Princess website it shows only a $160/pp difference between a BB & BD so you may want to research the price further either with a TA or Princess.

It appears that availablity is becoming more limited each day with all suite & mini-suites showing as 'sold out'. I'm guessing that some of the 'sold out' balcony categories may still be available through a TA who is holding group space.

Hope you find a perfect cabin when you book tomorrow! :D

Yes, based on the Princess statement about the deck plans, it appears that a non-obstucted view balcony will have a "toughened glass" blue plexiglass-type of 'railing'.

We booked a DB before the prices went up & apparently so have many others booked a 'deluxe' balcony category because many categories are 'sold out'. Based on the Princess info, the 'deluxe' is only a 11 sq.ft larger & they squeeze in a small couch so it will be interesting to hear what the 1st Royal passeners will think about deluxe vs. standard. The cabin diagram shows a bigger balcony with a deluxe however based on the deck plan the deluxe shows the same size as a standard balcony. The larger the cabin, the further it goes out into the hallway.

Based on the deck plans, it appears that the difference between a BB & BD is location...more for lower deck cabins closer to midship. I don't know if an $800 difference is worth it to you for a slightly 'better' location which is a relative term that each of us defines in our own way. I agree with you, I don't see a major reason why there's such a big difference in price? On the Princess website it shows only a $160/pp difference between a BB & BD so you may want to research the price further either with a TA or Princess.

It appears that availablity is becoming more limited each day with all suite & mini-suites showing as 'sold out'. I'm guessing that some of the 'sold out' balcony categories may still be available through a TA who is holding group space.

Hope you find a perfect cabin when you book tomorrow! :D

I put a hold on a cabin tonight with Princess and will transfer it to a TA tomorrow. The TA who gave me prices today gave me that difference between a BB and BD. I thought I was a bit strange. I'll have to verify tomorrow.

The rep at Princess was telling me there was a minimal difference in sq ft between the deluxe and standard. I'm not one who really likes the sofa in my cabin unless I book a mini so I'm happy with a standard balcony. I held a cabin on Caribe deck. Too bad the Royal doesn't have those extra large balconies on Caribe! I did waitlist several minisuite categories. Interesting, I'm #18 on a waitlist so they must have just sold out this week.

I put a hold on a cabin tonight with Princess and will transfer it to a TA tomorrow. The TA who gave me prices today gave me that difference between a BB and BD. I thought I was a bit strange. I'll have to verify tomorrow.

The rep at Princess was telling me there was a minimal difference in sq ft between the deluxe and standard. I'm not one who really likes the sofa in my cabin unless I book a mini so I'm happy with a standard balcony. I held a cabin on Caribe deck. Too bad the Royal doesn't have those extra large balconies on Caribe! I did waitlist several minisuite categories. Interesting, I'm #18 on a waitlist so they must have just sold out this week.

That's good...looking forward to having you join the very active Royal TA sites and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I don't know what your TA is doing with their pricing, but Princess pricing is basically an $80 increase for every category and $80 more for a deluxe over a standard balcony in the same category. For the TA, Princess pricing for Cat BD is $2,459 and the two category higher Cat BB is $2,619 or $160 more expensive. Although they are sold out for the TA, a Cat DB cabin pricing was $2,699 on the Princess website when available.

There will be changing cabin availability. All Cat D4 cabins showed as sold out, but twice within the last week one or more of the cabins became available.

I just boked a partially obstructed Cabin on Royal EMERALD deck .I think these new life boats are blocking my view ...I hope not too much ..I'm pretty much mid ship port

I will say in fall you really do not spend much time outdoors axcross the Atlantic as it does get nippy but I appreciate the fresh air when I need it

Ship looks beautiful Looking forward to its first TRANSAT

If anyone has more pros or cons re EMERALD deck please advise

Michele

That's good...looking forward to having you join the very active Royal TA sites and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I ended up with a savings of $900 booking with a TA instead of Princess. I have a BB balcony on Caribe.

I just boked a partially obstructed Cabin on Royal EMERALD deck .I think these new life boats are blocking my view ...I hope not too much ..I'm pretty much mid ship port

I will say in fall you really do not spend much time outdoors axcross the Atlantic as it does get nippy but I appreciate the fresh air when I need it

Ship looks beautiful Looking forward to its first TRANSAT

If anyone has more pros or cons re EMERALD deck please advise

Michele

Michele, it's my first TA as well. So much to learn. It will be fun doing research and planning.

I don't know what your TA is doing with their pricing, but Princess pricing is basically an $80 increase for every category and $80 more for a deluxe over a standard balcony in the same category. For the TA, Princess pricing for Cat BD is $2,459 and the two category higher Cat BB is $2,619 or $160 more expensive. Although they are sold out for the TA, a Cat DB cabin pricing was $2,699 on the Princess website when available.

There will be changing cabin availability. All Cat D4 cabins showed as sold out, but twice within the last week one or more of the cabins became available.

I ended up booking with another TA today. I called Princess first and for a BB it ended up being appx $5,333.00 total for single occupancy and my TA was able to get me appx $4,400.

Of interest, too, was Princess showed all minisuites sold out. My TA had minisuite guarantees available to book. I almost did it but the cost as a single was $1,100 higher and I'm not really a fan of guarantees. As much as I love mini's I'll use that extra money for shore excursions.

I ended up booking with another TA today. I called Princess first and for a BB it ended up being appx $5,333.00 total for single occupancy and my TA was able to get me appx $4,400.

Of interest, too, was Princess showed all minisuites sold out. My TA had minisuite guarantees available to book. I almost did it but the cost as a single was $1,100 higher and I'm not really a fan of guarantees. As much as I love mini's I'll use that extra money for shore excursions.

Congrats!

Archived