Thank you NCL from NY/NJ for the Breakaway

JAMESCC

I know this is an odd thread, but I was trying to email NCL themselves but couldn't find an email address on their website so I'm hoping NCL people check this forum out from time to time. I just wanted to thank them for showing NY/NJ some confidence for putting their brand new ship "Breakaway" here. Seems a lot of lines are putting older or smaller ships here but the "Breakaway" is new and huge. I plan on returning the favor to NCL by sailing on her. Sorry for the odd thread.

I agree 100%!! I was so glad when they announced her home port.

I'll never forget last summer on the Jewel when the cruise consultant was insisting to everyone that it would never sail out of NYC. She had some really disappointed and upset people.

Thanks a lot guys for making the tread normal. It is very cool NCL is putting the "Breakaway" here and I think NY/NJ will make her a huge success. I know my wife and I will be on her for sure, especially after seeing those pictures. What an incredibly gorgeous ship. I love those restaurants with that outdoor areas on the ocean.

I know this is an odd thread, but I was trying to email NCL themselves but couldn't find an email address on their website so I'm hoping NCL people check this forum out from time to time. I just wanted to thank them for showing NY/NJ some confidence for putting their brand new ship "Breakaway" here. Seems a lot of lines are putting older or smaller ships here but the "Breakaway" is new and huge. I plan on returning the favor to NCL by sailing on her. Sorry for the odd thread.

This is not the first time NCL homeports a new ship in NYC The Dawn was here after she spent a relatively short time in Miami. The Gem came straight from Europe after she was built. NCL know what a great opportunity it is to have two ships docked here. Certainly an easy days drive for millions of passangers.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. Thanks to NCL for bringing all year long cruising back to New York after what was a very long, perhaps 20 years(?), absence. Before the Dawn was homeported here, when the QE2 would depart on her world cruise around New Year's, there would be no other passenger ships in or out of here until she returned around mid April. And not much else actually, from the end of October.

The Dawn changed all that. Then the Spirit was added, and these were replaced with the Jewel and the Gem, as well as others just for the summer peak season.

Since then, others have came and went, and currently the only other all year presence other than the QM2 (except when away on world cruise), has been RCI over at Bayonne.

HAL tried and quit, Princess tried and quit, and now Carnival is giving it a go.

As far as I'm concerned, NCL 'owns' the Port of New York.:)

We'll be on it too. What is better than a 30 min. drive and your vacation starts and a 30 min. drive after and your home :D

Why do you think other lines have stopped sailing all year out of NY? This will be our first cruise out of NY and in Nov. but I'm anxiously awaiting booking another for 2014 and I'd love if it were right out of the city and we didn't have to fly to do it. Hoping they keep the Breakaway here or send another ship over for winter sailings.

KEPE brings up a very good question and a very curious question to me personally. Why are cruise lines giving up on NY for all year sailing? Princess I am surprised gave up, I thought they were doing well up here with the "Crown Princess"? RCL I think will be here for the long haul but who knows. We took "Explorer" on an amazing Canada/NE cruise for our honeymoon and they have stopped those cruises with Explorer, and we are VERY disappointed about that.

That is great also from the european perspective, flights to NYC are usually cheaper and definitely shorter than to MIA. :)

Only thing that is not so nice is the time that it takes to get to warmth from NYC by ship in winter time.

We will also be sailing on the new ship & are very happy that it is located in NYC. A close drive and/or train ride for us.

Looking forward to our cruise and for hearing all the reviews once it sets sail next year. :)

This is not an odd thread at all!!! It's perfect. I am sure NCL reads these boards from time to time.

Alright guys I'm glad NCL checks this board and now they know NY/NY appreciates a brand new large ship is being placed year round here. I know it will be a HUGE success.

Also "Breakaway" cruises are on my favorite cruise booking site, I was wasn't putting in the right dates. I love the cruises to the Bahamas and then to Florida, very, very good idea and I have never priced NCL cruises but the prices were amazing. Is NCL known as having the best prices?

Also "Breakaway" cruises are on my favorite cruise booking site, I was wasn't putting in the right dates. I love the cruises to the Bahamas and then to Florida, very, very good idea and I have never priced NCL cruises but the prices were amazing. Is NCL known as having the best prices?

In my experience, no, NCL doesn't have the best prices. I've found Carnival to have the best prices. However, you get so much more with NCL. So, the value is better.... Did I confuse you yet??? :D

Archived