Room and/or Balcony decorations

AtoZgirl

So, I've been reading posts about people decorating the front of their cabin doors and people putting a string of Christmas lights on their balcony...

And that got me thinking (the jury is still out on whether that's a good or bad thing lol)...

Do any of you decorate the inside of your room or balcony (and I'm not really talking about for birthdays, holidays, anniversarys, etc. but don't hesitate to post those too). If so, elaborate and post pictures if you have any!

I'd like to do something on my upcoming cruise, dont know what or how yet, but I'd love to see everyone else's creativity (because I know you all are a creative bunch) :D

We cruised on the Liberty over Thanksgiving, our first cruise. I hung photos of my family and friends on our outside door. Walmart has little magnetic photo sleeves that are really inexpensive. Also hung a lei garland around the edge of doorway. Inside, I hung more photos on the wall (they are magnetic walls), tropical cutouts from the ceiling and walls, and on the balcony we hung our local team windsock. It added a festive look to our room and made it easy to recognize. Little kiddos loved stopping and looking at the photos of my five kids back home.

We will be taking our youngest two (5 and 8) next November and plan on decorating again. I found things that folded flat from local party store and took little room in our suitcases. I would attach a photo if I knew how..

We take a lot of mirrors, incense, and candles. Line the walls with the mirrors to make the cabin look larger.. The large one over the bed is tricky.

It looks great when we light the candles. We light the incense when we engage in our magical "medical" high. :D

Paper lanterns are nice on the balcony. They give a nice glow when lite. We usually light them before leaving for dinner because we enjoy the welcoming warmth when coming back into the cabin later in the evening. It helps set the mood. ;)

Other than that we don't do anything special or out of the ordinary. :eek:

We take a lot of mirrors, incense, and candles. Line the walls with the mirrors to make the cabin look larger.. The large one over the bed is tricky.

It looks great when we light the candles. We light the incense when we engage in our magical "medical" high. :D

Paper lanterns are nice on the balcony. They give a nice glow when lite. We usually light them before leaving for dinner because we enjoy the welcoming warmth when coming back into the cabin later in the evening. It helps set the mood. ;)

...weirdo :rolleyes:

We cruised on the Liberty over Thanksgiving, our first cruise. I hung photos of my family and friends on our outside door. Walmart has little magnetic photo sleeves that are really inexpensive. Also hung a lei garland around the edge of doorway. Inside, I hung more photos on the wall (they are magnetic walls), tropical cutouts from the ceiling and walls, and on the balcony we hung our local team windsock. It added a festive look to our room and made it easy to recognize. Little kiddos loved stopping and looking at the photos of my five kids back home.

We will be taking our youngest two (5 and 8) next November and plan on decorating again. I found things that folded flat from local party store and took little room in our suitcases. I would attach a photo if I knew how..

That sounds cute!

Here is my rookie attempt - click on the photos themselves. One is of the room door, the other is of inside. Note the green hanging spirals in the room corner. These hung around the bedroom from the ceiling and in the bathroom as well. Inexpensive, and I hung with clear packaging or duct tape. Stuff on walls is magnetic :)

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/mcfamily83/Room%20Decoration%20Carnival%20Liberty/

The last time we cruised, we posted a sign asking our fellow travelors where they were from. We put post it notes and a pencil on a string on the door. We ended up with more then 100 notes. We had a map in the cabin and the kids loved marking the map with a dot to represent each travelor. Some notes just said things like "Anika from Calgary" to "We loved meeting you at breakfast". I saved all the post-it notes and used some to enhance our scrapbook. The kids are older and it probably wouldn't be as much fun for them now, so I think that was a one and done for us.

We usually put something in the window at port so we can easily identify our cabin. We've never had a balcony and haven't really done any other decorating. However, I do find it charming when I see others decorate.

Candles and incense are Huge Fire Hazards on a cruise ship. Most lines forbid there use onboard. Not sure what the CCL policy is on this issue. This is a serious issue. Please do not jeopardize the safety of your fellow passengers.

That is just plain crazy

I hope they fine you if the plastic stuff blows off the balcony and goes into the ocean

Think about the environment

I think/hope the "candles" and incense was a joke LOL

Boy some people have too much time on their hands

I would attach a photo if I knew how..

When you reply to the post, the window to type your reply opens up. Right next to the "smiley", there is an icon for attachments that looks like a picture paperclip. Simply remember what folder you have your photos saved in. When you click that icon, you will browse to your photo folder and double click. It's THAT simple!

Just make sure your file size is not too big. If so you can resize it in one of the toolbars.

Good Luck!

I decorated inside our cabin and on our door when we were on a cruise right before Christmas. I used gel type clings for the doors and mirrors and windows. I used Christmas garland - no lights around the door and inside the cabin around the windows. I brought a small tree with battery operated lights, a collection of tropical santas a couple more small items to set up a Christmas scene in the window.

I also have magnetic sign that I use on our door an our cruises with our first names on it. I use the tacky stuff to attach to the door if the door is not magnetic and it does not mar the surface.

A suggestion for hanging that big plastic thingy on the balcony window... why not hang it on the inside of the cabin to avoid it blowing off or getting damaged by salt spray. The palm tree could be tied down to the chairs and balcony rail. Love it.

As for candles and incense - first of all OMG - what a fire hazzard! PLEASE tell us you were joking.

Any other decor - you paid for the cabin and as long as you enjoy it and are not infringing on other's enjoyment or the safety of others I say go for it.

That is just plain crazy

I hope they fine you if the plastic stuff blows off the balcony and goes into the ocean

Think about the environment

I think/hope the "candles" and incense was a joke LOL

Boy some people have too much time on their hands

If you actually looked at the pictures you could see that the palm tree is secured to the railing.

I love these pics and great ideas!! I was planning on decorating our door for our wedding cruise, might just have to decorate inside the cabin too!!

:D

This is our balcony cabin last Christmas. We decorated (imagine that!) with Christmas lights within our cabin. Just a side note for the haters...our room steward loved the idea and actually helped us hang them.

dz9q21.jpg

Love these lights! How did you attach them? Were they battery operated or were you able to reach an outlet?

I think if anyone wants to decorate the inside of their cabin or their door it's totally up to them.

We have dear friends we cruise with that have a beautiful silk that hangs on their door, after every cruise she embroiders the ship name, dates and where they went!! It's a lovely keepsake and they like to decorate their door.

This "hater" only hates when my enjoyment is interfered with. If asking for 30 minutes to an hour outside on my balcony at night in total dark is too much to ask, then I wonder, who really is the hater???

I don't begrudge anyone their fun time, but just try to think about it.

If you live in the city, which I do, you NEVER get to see pitch blackness to stargaze. And stargazing is just perfect when it's pitch black.

Wish everyone would just try to be considerate of EACH OTHER, not just themselves.

Those that think they look stupid, well that's your opinion, and your welcome to it, but not everyone is going to agree with you, but I can totally see kids enjoying them.

I'm still batting for the electric candles for the ambience though, they are really pretty and low light!!!

Cheers, Carole

Love these lights! How did you attach them? Were they battery operated or were you able to reach an outlet?

These lights were a string of 100 bulbs (went around the whole cabin!) that we plugged in and simply attached with clear tape. It really does make your cabin cozy at night with the soft light....plus it was Christmas after all. :)

Our neighbors were bring festive as they brought a small (2ft) tree and decorated it in their cabin and another neighbor decorated with garland, lights and cut outs all over their cabin with their small children. It was cute to see the kids excited decorating their cabin for the holiday. Many people had stockings and other holiday items on their doors. To each their own I say.

Got big thumbs up from anyone who saw the decorations and palm tree.

We also have another inflatable palm centered inside a round inflatable cooler that we take to the pool deck. Great for keeping buckets-o-beer in the shade as well as shoes, lotions and towels. Looks great, festive, and makes it easy to find our chairs, lol.

.We take a lot of mirrors, incense, and candles. Line the walls with the mirrors to make the cabin look larger.. The large one over the bed is tricky.

I HOPE your kidding! Mirrors are not a problem and its your business what you do "medically" but when you consider that the most dangerous thing that can happen on a ship is a fire, you should not have ANY open flames ESPECIALLY unattended open flames left burning while you go to dinner!!!:eek:

So, I've been reading posts about people decorating the front of their cabin doors and people putting a string of Christmas lights on their balcony...

And that got me thinking (the jury is still out on whether that's a good or bad thing lol)...

Do any of you decorate the inside of your room or balcony (and I'm not really talking about for birthdays, holidays, anniversarys, etc. but don't hesitate to post those too). If so, elaborate and post pictures if you have any!

I'd like to do something on my upcoming cruise, dont know what or how yet, but I'd love to see everyone else's creativity (because I know you all are a creative bunch) :D

We have decorated our door- it was fun & easy to find our cabin. Last cruise we were hosts for a cabin crawl, so I brought some stuff just for a fun decor thing. But usually don't decorate the inside or balcony.

Archived