Questions about Massdam

stsomewhere

Just booked a 10 night for 4/6.

My husband and I are traveling with our 2 kids- 13 and 11. We have main dining. We have not sailed on HAl in about 10 yrs.

1. Can my kids change after dinner from suits and fancy dresses into shorts or jeans to hang out in the kids program?

2. Will we be able to swim or use the hot tub in the evenings?

3. what is the dress code for the Lido for dinner? It said casual. Does that means pants and a collared shirt or jeans/ t shirt?

Thank you inadvance

HAL asks dress code be observed for the entire evening in public areas on the ship. In reality, no one enforces it and if your children wish to change to something 'neat and presentable', it isn't likely anyone will say anything to you.

If you go to Lido on formal night, pants and polo jerseys are fine.

Hot tubs and pools close on HAL at night. I'm not sure the exact time but probably something around 8 P.M..

Just booked a 10 night for 4/6.

My husband and I are traveling with our 2 kids- 13 and 11. We have main dining. We have not sailed on HAl in about 10 yrs.

1. Can my kids change after dinner from suits and fancy dresses into shorts or jeans to hang out in the kids program? A "qualified" Yes. We always change after formal nights. Although there are, I believe, ship rules about staying formal in public areas during formal nights, in my experience, many guests change into more comfortable attire afterwards.

2. Will we be able to swim or use the hot tub in the evenings? Can't help you on that one, but I have seen folks in the pool in the evenings. They do, however, close the pool if the ship is moving such that the water is sloshing around too much.

3. what is the dress code for the Lido for dinner? It said casual. Does that means pants and a collared shirt or jeans/ t shirt? Lido can be shorts, jeans, whatever you like. The only time I saw someone "talked to" in the Lido was an oversized gentlemen with no shirt.:eek:

Thank you inadvance

Hello, we are on the same cruise with our two daughters, 14 and 13.

Hello, we are on the same cruise with our two daughters, 14 and 13.

Thank you for your answers.

I am trying to get everything in order. Usually, we don't book at the last minute.

Thankfully, my kids have enough dress clothes to wear.

They just had Spring semi Formal dances.

M son is turning 14 in June and my daughter is 11.

ETA: I am sure your kids will be hanging out together.

Christi

I notice that you mentioned you have MAIN dining -- that is it at 8 PM.

We were just on the Maasdam -- the Lido Pool and Hot Tubs were open from 8 AM - 10 PM.

Lido dinner hours are 5:30 - 8 PM -- and yes you can wear shorts and t-shirts for dinner there.

Thanks I will have to check into dining. I thought Main was at 5:45.

Glad that I saw that you mentioned MAIN dining.

I didn't think with children that you wanted to eat that late.

We usually do late dining with our kids on Disney cruises. But, we thought we would change for this cruise since it is so port extensive.

Archived