iConcierge is available

Ask4Jay

Put the phone in airplane mode which turns the cellular radio off and leave the wifi on. You should be able to access from your "settings."

There is also an app that puts little "switches" on your screen to make all of this easy to do. I have mine on my first screen left.

On my iPad 2, under Settings, there's a tab called "Cellular Data".

It says "Turnoff cellular data to restrict all data to Wi-Fi, including e-mail, web browsing, and push notifications".

So leave airplane mode OFF, and turn Cellular Data OFF, and you'll have wi-fi access.

Airplane mode overrides wifi settings and turns it off regardless of your wifi setting. There should be a setting to turn off the cellular network by itself.

This is true and I should have indicated that. However, after you have put the phone in airplane mode you can turn the wifi back on. That is how I do it anyway because it is easier for me with the toggle switch widget.

I actually found the widget by pressing on my phones screen where I wanted the icon to be and choosing widgets and the the toggles. Very easy to do. Actually I would bet that there is a free app or widget that does this very thing in one icon push.

There was a survey about the app on the TV in the room. When we got the info about the app on the ship they told us we'd get a $20 onboard credit for completing the survey but we only got $5 credit for it.

I did the survey on the TV and did get a $20 obc. I also had a $5 obc. I was wondering if that was just for downloading the app. The TV survey had to be completed by something like 6pm on Thursday. I'm not postive of the timing, but I do remember they had an expiration.

They also told me that they would be sending another survery that would allow for suggestions.

Is 1.2 out for Android? Ironically Im going on the Norwegian Epic next week and I need to download it on my Samsung Epic =) This all seems very Epic :D

How do you get the $5 OBC, should I wait til I am on the ship for downloading it.?

Checked my "About" and it's v.1.3.

Apps site says version will vary based on platform.

I'm using Galaxy IIs

I have Galaxy I (Epic) but its running Gingerbread. In "about" it says V1.3 too., but under "manage apps" it says 1.2

Is there a $5 OBC if I wait until I get onto the ship before I sign into the app ?

Edited by jmsnyc

Best info from each of the features:

"There is no charge to connect to the ship's WiFi network to use Norwegian iConcierge services."

The app has the Freestyle Dailies online....yippee!

That is great! That was the question at the back of my mind when I was reading the first couple of posts.

Anyone know how to leave Wi-Fi on yet turn off the cellular connection on an Android phone? Considering taking my iPad since it doesn't have an active cellular contract but would prefer my Android phone.

Put your phone in airplane mode and then manually enable Wi-FI. It works for me on planes. Wi-Fi access, but no data or phone or text.

I've searched and searched and can't find a way to download this app for my Kindle? Has anyone found it? It would be great to have it there instead of just on my phone.

You won't find a Kindle app because there is no Kindle app for iConcierge.

Norwegian iConceirge has been released for iOS, Android, and Windows 7 smartphones/tablets only.

You won't find a Kindle app because there is no Kindle app for iConcierge.

Norwegian iConceirge has been released for iOS, Android, and Windows 7 smartphones/tablets only.

Thanks... I was hoping since the Kindle Fire has access to the Android Market. Hopefully they will add it soon.

I really like this idea - when will it roll out on other ship other than EPIC. Sailing Gem this summer - was hoping available till then?

I googled and found a news release saying it would be rolled out to the entire fleet but it didn't give any dates.

I am just back from the epic and used it often.

It has lots of useful things, but is still only in version 1.

You can not yet contact other passangers through it, or make your dinner or show reservations through it.

You could see the different shows avaiable along with the daily.

You could view the different menus also.

I am just back from the epic and used it often.

It has lots of useful things, but is still only in version 1.

You can not yet contact other passangers through it, or make your dinner or show reservations through it.

You could see the different shows avaiable along with the daily.

You could view the different menus also.

What version were you running onboard? They released version 1.2 a few days ago and it states the update enabled chat and voip (though looking at the app I don't see where).

Also, did you have to pay anything to use the app, and/or did they offer OBC for reviewing it like the did the previous sailing?

We sail this upcoming Saturday. Hoping they've added the chat function.