Another Price Drop!!

MustangGT

We booked our NY - Quebec City cruise for this September a year ago. Waited and waited for a price drop and got a great one about 3 weeks ago. Now, another one!! Woo Hoo!!!

Final Payment isn't until July so I'm hoping it will continue to drop. Funny thing is, the cruise seems to be selling well - all mini suite categories but one are sold out and there are only 2 more cabins in our class - E.

Sounds great for you.

Princess have left a bad taste in our mouths. We booked a cruise for June 2012 two weeks ago and paid a deposit.

Since then, I have received two emails about a significant price drop (~30%). However, Princess refuse to give us the lower fare. I am considering cancelling the cruise, losing the deposit and never using Princess again.:mad:

Sounds great for you.

Princess have left a bad taste in our mouths. We booked a cruise for June 2012 two weeks ago and paid a deposit.

Since then' date=' I have received two emails about a significant price drop (~30%). However, Princess refuse to give us the lower fare. I am considering cancelling the cruise, losing the deposit and [b']never using Princess again.:mad:[/b]

You have to do what makes you feel right. If something is sold after final payment on a flash sale then it's for new bookings only. Others can explain this better than I can. I had the very same thing happen to me on Celebrity. Have you asked if they'll upgrade you to a better cabin for the money you paid. On Celebrity they wouldn't let me upgrade and they wouldn't even let me pay extra to upgrade. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, too. Usually on Princess they'll work with you in some other manner like an upgrade or OBC. Hope you enjoy your vacation whatever you end up choosing.

Sounds great for you.

Since then' date=' I have received two emails about a significant price drop (~30%). However, Princess refuse to give us the lower fare. I am considering cancelling the cruise, losing the deposit and [b']never using Princess again.:mad:[/b]

Since you are well in advance of final payment date for June, I cannot understand why you do not just cancel, and then rebook. Your deposit should be refundable, unless there was some special condition when you booked.

Since you are well in advance of final payment date for June, I cannot understand why you do not just cancel, and then rebook. Your deposit should be refundable, unless there was some special condition when you booked.

I've NEVER had a problem getting a price reduction before final payment, if I was entitled to it. Obviously, if it was for those booking the cruise for the first time, I wasn't entitled.

Grandma, did you book directly through Princess? If you used a TA then Princess can't give you the reduction, only the TA can, as I'm sure you know. Did they give you a reason why they denied it?:confused:

• 2 months later...

Congratulations. It's so nice when you get a sailing that has significant price drops. My friend and I did a cruise on the Crown back in 2009. We had a minisuitue and paid a price for it that I typically see balcony cabins priced at.

It is not just princess. HAL does it too. :(

We can't take a trick downunder, always paying more. Another cruise line is offering a special, 10% off their various drinks packages at the moment. Surprise, surprise only accessable for Americans, Canadians and the British through their various websites.

We can't take a trick downunder, always paying more. Another cruise line is offering a special, 10% off their various drinks packages at the moment. Surprise, surprise only accessable for Americans, Canadians and the British through their various websites.

Gosh even the British get it but we don't? That's a bit rough! :(

They won't be able to hold out forever. With proxy servers that allow everyone in the world to view all the princess sites there will soon be a revolt against regional pricing.

Gosh even the British get it but we don't? That's a bit rough! :(

They won't be able to hold out forever. With proxy servers that allow everyone in the world to view all the princess sites there will soon be a revolt against regional pricing.

I suppose. Unfortunately if you are an Aussie, your booking automatically goes back to the aussie site even if you go to purchase through the US site. I tried and no luck. I would think that the onlty way arpound this is with a travel agent prebooking it for you by phone. Never mind we had it good with a strong dollar for a while.:D

Archived