How do all you people get OBC?

Kverlinger

I got onboard credit from my TA and from being a Carnival Corp. shareholder. Our Fantasy cruise earlier this month was my first one on Carnival in nearly 25 years. But our next one will also include obc for making a deposit on that cruise. On other cruise lines, I've also received obc from special promotions. On Princess, for instance, I received some in December for sailing during my birthday month.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Online TA gives "points" depending on how much you spend. You then take the points and convert them to OBC. We have never had anything less than $500.00 OBC! Nice!

Back in the "good old days", a person could scoop up OBC instead of upgrading. The cruise lines finally wised up, and made it tougher to get this by making many more cabin categories, according to their popularity. (Yes, this sucks, but, I don't blame them.) So, if you book a "premium" balcony, you might as well say goodbye to any OBC, being your category cabin will be sold out before the rest. Your only chance fore OBC is booking "ES", which may be a gamble for some.

Long story short, book what you can afford at that moment, then, hope for the best.*

*Unless the "Upgrade Fairy" calls, which is becoming rare.

Are you disagreeing with my statement that our TA gives up part of her commission as obc? If so you are very wrong.

I didnt disagree with you at all. I disagreed with runner15km.

"Originally Posted by runner15km

Book with a independent TA and not through the cruise line."

I personally like to book directly with Carnival so that I have control over my booking. I am usually successful at getting the OBC with the early saver rate. I hear too many horror stories about working with TA's who dont cooperate with submitting the "Best Price Guarantee claim fom".

We have OBC waiting for me on my next cruise.

Booking with Travel Agent - $200

Future Cruise Certificate - $200

Shareholder Benefit - $100

Current OBC = $500

We have also had $360 in price drops, but we are still before final payment, so those came off of the balance.

Duane-O

We have OBC waiting for me on my next cruise.

Booking with Travel Agent - $200

Future Cruise Certificate - $200

Shareholder Benefit - $100

Current OBC = $500

We have also had $360 in price drops, but we are still before final payment, so those came off of the balance.

Duane-O

That's nice!

I agree with those saying to book using a TA. I did my original booking direct with Carnival and got nothing. Then about 3 weeks later found out about the perk of OBC using a TA. So I hooked up with a TA who will call Carnival and take over your reservation. This is what I did. My booking stayed exactly the same, same cabins, same ship, only in the end I got $300 per state room OBC...about 10%. Keep in mind this was done prior to my final payment date. There may not be much you can do after the cut-off since you can't fully cancel and re-book.

Archived