Finally booked another cruise -- menu questions!

ute_fan

We just booked yesterday for a trip on the Jewel to Alaska, leaving on 5/19. Seems like forever since I've read through the boards.

Does anyone have links to the current menus? I'm sure things have changed in the 2 1/2 years since we cruised last. Most important of all - what's the current status of chilled soups? :D

I have no link to menus, but when I was on the Pearl in January there were actually two chilled soups per day and I'd never seen that before. They had one for lunch and one for dinner. Since the chilled soup is my favorite thing on an NCL cruise, I especially look for that :)

We just booked yesterday for a trip on the Jewel to Alaska, leaving on 5/19. Seems like forever since I've read through the boards.

Does anyone have links to the current menus? I'm sure things have changed in the 2 1/2 years since we cruised last. Most important of all - what's the current status of chilled soups? :D

Chilled soups were eliminated from the MDR menus a while back, but are still available from time to time in the buffet. Exactly when can differ from ship to ship.

Yes -- this is a cruise that leaves from Vancouver and returns to Seattle. Not sure how the itinerary varies from the other Jewel cruises, as this was the one that best suited our work schedules.

Glad to hear that chilled soups were still around in January. I've become addicted to them -- and twice a day would be great! I'd rather have them in the MDR, but if they've been eliminated there, I'll be stopping by the buffet before heading to dinner.

No...there's a May 19 7 night cruise that starts in Vancouver and ends in Seattle.

Oh....ok...thanks. I see it there now. I didn't drop down the menu far enough. We're on the one the next week.

Reference the chilled soups, both the Pearl in Nov and the Sun in Jan still had them...but only sometimes. Yea....I love them....well....most of them anyhow.

Archived