"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

The big planes start coming in at Noon or so. Also, you have to factor in getting back to the ship from Maho which involves congestion and possible drawbridge openings at Simpson Bay. A car rental would be cheaper if you have 4 in the group but the rental agencies at the pier close at 5 PM.

The best answer is to get to Orient in the morning then leave at 11:30 AM and head over and down to Maho. Orient is in the upper NE section of the island while Maho Beach is in the SW quadrant. You can either leave Orient, go North and up and around the top of the Island past Grand Case and Marigot and down to Maho, or go South from Orient and head across the island through the road south of the mountains but this is a more complex route even thought shorter, more chances to mess up. The first way you are following a ring road around the island.

The car rental agencies have maps and you can get maps on the internet from several tourist groups on the island.

do you have a link to the web page please?

I'm not comfortable posting URL's here. I got slapped on the wrist once for that and it was a link I've seen posted several times by others.

The link is at the bottom of Radio's signature.

As we have never sailed on Celebrity, what time can we board? We are Elite members, and we 'think' we can wait in a private room (???)....On RC we were allowed to board after noon, but not allowed in our rooms until 1pm.

I was on the March 17th cruise and we boarded at 11:15. That was the earliest we have ever boarded.

Hello everyone. . .I have been busy at work, but I was able to finally put many of my Photos and Videos up on my Photo Page.

I was able to post over 500 Pics, and several short Videos. .

They can be viewed HERE

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Celebrity Silhouette at Harborview Park, Cape Liberty

A4.JPG

Thank you SO MUCH for the posts and photos. We were on Silhouette's 3rd trip last August and she has a special place in our hearts ! It was our first Celebrity cruise and we 'watched' her go from a piece of metal to the stunning ship she is now.

We are already booked on her for our cruise in August and thanks to your posts we have now booked another cruise on her for 2013 ! Same cabin too !

:)

Radio, was on this cruise with you although we did not get to meet. So many people so little time :)

Cruise was terrific. Since our rooms were close to each other we shot a lot of the some photos. Do not know how to post my photo's on CC but have enjoyed yours so very much. We are cruising the Reflection in February. Loved Capt Demitrios he was such a gentleman and had a great sense of humor.

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us.

Carol aka cruiserone

Radio -

Your posts and reports are awesome! Taking family (3 older kids - they love to travel, are flexible, and enjoy most everything) on our first cruise. Learning a lot from your threads - really appreciate it and looks like you have had some wonderful trips.

What would your recommend to see in Bermuda in 2 days? Good places to visit or restaurants/types of food to get there?

Thanks so much again for sharing your travels, and have a nice trip coming up!

I was just guided to your post by a fellow cc member. I recall tuning in quite a few years ago to a few of your past cruises. Last time on RC was 2006! I really don't come to the boards ofter. Pretty much only when I have booked a cruise. I look forward to your Bermuda since we will be there late sunner. Have a wonderful trip!!!:)

Hi Radio,

Thank you from another CC member who enjoys following Radio's trip journals. Your pictures are awesome and brought back some nice memories of cruises we've taken to those same islands. I, too, hope to return to Antigua one day.

How nice to see you'll be cruising in a few days to Bermuda. Now I have another "Radio Broadcast" to look forward to. Bermuda is my favorite cruise destination.

Wishing you blue skies and calm seas.

~~Maun

Archived