To Jim and Stan

tropicalkerry2002

Saw that you recommended Woodford for a transfer to Dover, but I believe the post was a few yrs old.

Any recent experience? Looking at them for Dover to London.

Many thanks!

We would not use Woodford again.

On our last cruise that ended in London, a forty-something travel companion of ours was injured late in the cruise and unexpectedly confined to a wheelchair.

The Woodford driver was VERY put out because the wheelchair has not been planned for in the luggage compartment of the van. I should point out here that we had allowed Woodford to estimate the size of the van that we would need, based on the number of people that we were with, and they had apparently estimated on the "small side".

To make the best of a bad situation, despite the discomfort involved, Stan and I volunteered to hold the folded chair across our laps, and thought that would be the end of it.

Unbelievably, about a week after our return to the United States, we received several VERY UNPLEASANT telephone calls from the Woodford main office. It seems that they viewed the wheelchair as a deliberate misrepresentation of our transportation needs, and they wanted an APOLOGY from us!

They were tenacious! :mad:

Saw that you recommended Woodford for a transfer to Dover, but I believe the post was a few yrs old.

Any recent experience? Looking at them for Dover to London.

Many thanks!

I have a recommendation that we used twice: from Dover Cruise Terminal to Heathrow Airport a couple of years ago, and most recent, Heathrow Airport to our hotel in Piccadilly, London, and the following morning, our hotel to Dover Cruise Ship Terminal. The chauffeur was punctual, professional, and very courteous. The Mercedes van accommodated four passengers, plus eight pieces of luggage, and the chauffeur accepts US$$. The van was immaculate.

Please let me know if you would like additional information.

Thanks to both( or the 3) of you!

I would like the name of your transfer company, 4Jack, do you need my email address, or will you post it?

Not sure what is proper procedure in posting info, but I can give you detailed info via your e-mail address, including contact person, phone #, web address. They will quote you a price in GBP, and you can easily convert it to your local currency. Good Luck.

Not sure what is proper procedure in posting info, but I can give you detailed info via your e-mail address, including contact person, phone #, web address. They will quote you a price in GBP, and you can easily convert it to your local currency. Good Luck.

Since someone has asked for the contact information for an individual or company, you're allowed to publicly post the information. There's a rule against posting information that no one has asked for.

I suspect lots of others, especially lurkers, would love to know the name of a super-reliable transportation company in England.

Archived