Watch your credits if you travel AQ

coldweathergirl

We sailed on the Infinity on Jan 29th in an AQ cabin. It was a two week cruise and Celebrity gave us two cruise credits. I've been contacting Captains Club numerous times over the past six weeks trying to have them give me the three credits which I am entitled to. Initially one response said that I was not on the manifest of that sailing so was not entitled to any credits. I probably wouldn't have noticed right away but I wanted to make sure that the cruise that we booked on board was on my account.

After numerous frustrating phone calls and emails, I finally copied Mr. Hanrahan in an email. That seemed to do the trick as they finally started looking into the problem and have corrected my number of captains club credits plus they stated that their IT system doesn't recognize AQ so it didn't automatically award the additional credit.

Just a word to others who have sailed AQ to check the number of Captains Club points that they have. I guess if you are elite it isn't a big deal but if you are almost there, the one point may make a difference.

I did also mention to them that their customer service seems to be inconsistent when answering questions and that the dining selection online for AQ is a disaster and causes great confusion to guests.

We sailed on the Infinity on Jan 29th in an AQ cabin. It was a two week cruise and Celebrity gave us two cruise credits. I've been contacting Captains Club numerous times over the past six weeks trying to have them give me the three credits which I am entitled to. Initially one response said that I was not on the manifest of that sailing so was not entitled to any credits. I probably wouldn't have noticed right away but I wanted to make sure that the cruise that we booked on board was on my account.

After numerous frustrating phone calls and emails, I finally copied Mr. Hanrahan in an email. That seemed to do the trick as they finally started looking into the problem and have corrected my number of captains club credits plus they stated that their IT system doesn't recognize AQ so it didn't automatically award the additional credit.

Just a word to others who have sailed AQ to check the number of Captains Club points that they have. I guess if you are elite it isn't a big deal but if you are almost there, the one point may make a difference.

I'm the guy who originated the post earlier today in the context of a shortage of Cruise Credits after having sailed AquaClass on my January Infinity/South America sailing... Thanks for your contribution to that thread...

Unless something has gone awry with Celebrity systems [which is, of course, entirely feasible!], I think that the problem may be limited to the Millennium-Class ships that were recently Solsticized [infinity and Summit] to add AquaClass... I've had six prior AquaClass sailings on Solstice-Class ships [solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse; most recently, last August/September] and have never had an issue with having been awarded the right number of Cruise Credits on any of those sailings...

A Celebrity Rep recently told me--while trying to get my record for the Infinity trip corrected--that Elite is Elite and the shortage doesn't matter to me... I corrected her; X recognizes their most loyal guests on every sailing [i've been close] and, if they ever add a new Captain's Club tier [as has been rumored for some time], it most certainly could matter... They have a fundamental obligation to get so simple a task right without question, follow-up, or debate...

I'm the guy who originated the post earlier today in the context of a shortage of Cruise Credits after having sailed AquaClass on my January Infinity/South America sailing... Thanks for your contribution to that thread...

Unless something has gone awry with Celebrity systems [which is, of course, entirely feasible!], I think that the problem may be limited to the Millennium-Class ships that were recently Solsticized [infinity and Summit] to add AquaClass... I've had six prior AquaClass sailings on Solstice-Class ships [solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse; most recently, last August/September] and have never had an issue with having been awarded the right number of Cruise Credits on any of those sailings...

A Celebrity Rep recently told me--while trying to get my record for the Infinity trip corrected--that Elite is Elite and the shortage doesn't matter to me... I corrected her; X recognizes their most loyal guests on every sailing [i've been close] and, if they ever add a new Captain's Club tier [as has been rumored for some time], it most certainly could matter... They have a fundamental obligation to get so simple a task right without question, follow-up, or debate...

Agree with possibility of another tier at some point, we are also Elite and had same problem with our Feb 12 Infinity Aqua class cruise. Only 2 credits alloted. I contacted Captains Club by phone late Feb and was told they were aware of the problem and to give it a couple of weeks for correction. A week ago I sent an email...yet no response.

Sounds to me like a good reason not to cruise Aqua Class. I've never had trouble getting the extra credit for my CC rooms. Will Celebrity support services ever get it together??? Inquiring minds want to know. None of this stuff is rocket science. It just takes a commitment to doing things right and communicating well.

That statement by a rep that it doesn't make a difference if you're already Elite is laughable. I don't think the time is too far off before there will be a new tier. There just seem to be too many Elites to deal with already.

I hadn't read the posts when I started this thread and then noticed shortly afterwards that you had already posted the same type of problem. Guess that teaches me to read before I start a new thread.

I also got the same sort of spiel except we're just select. They said it doesn't matter whether you get the extra point credit as you're already select. Guess they don't pay their staff to think at all. The best though was when I got the email saying that I was no where on the ships manifest for the sailing that we had done.

I see that they have fixed my credits now but my sailing history is still wrong. It could possibly be with the S class ships since refurbishment but you'd think a computer program would be smart enough to be able to identify the number of days sailing plus the class of stateroom.....but then again their staff are programming their computers. :rolleyes:

Go to the Celebrity site.

1 credit for sailing

1 credit for 12 nights or more. cruise tours nights don't count.

1 for AQ, CC, or suite

You will get a minimum of 1 to a max of 3.

So AQ should be a minimum of 2 max 3

It's not just AQ. They have issues across the board awarding credits if you don't ask. I had to follow up with them for credits for me and my wife after we cruised CC last year.

It took them weeks to respond to my e-mail inquiry, too.

I guess they feel if you don't hound them, you don't care whether or not they actually credit you! :mad:

Thank you for the info...I do have a question. How do you find out how many credits you have? Do you have to call Celebrity or can you get info on website?

We were on the Sil in Jan. in an AQ and would like to confirm that we got the 3 credits too.

Also, I know that they combined out RCL credits with Celebrity and would just like to know our total.

Thanks again.

Archived