Weather late April to Early May - what to pack

SSLaly

Hello!! I will be on the Oceania Marina at the end of April and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like. What should I pack? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Gladys

I have found the weather averages online to be an inaccurate way to plan. For example, the weather average from weather/com says that in Positano its about 55 in March. But this month its been over 60 daily.

Some sites give one number vs another. Its very inconsistent.

We are doing the grand tour from the end of April till 2nd week in May, and I'm just planning on bringing what I'd wear for springtime in New York. Light pants, capris, tanks and tees that can be covered with sweaters and one light jacket that matches everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Scarlett. Yes after doing a little research and speaking with someone from Greece and others that have gone, they suggest that we do the same as you said. So it will be regular Miami Clothes and sweaters to cover up in the morning and at night! :) Hope you have a fantastic time!

Thank you Scarlett. Yes after doing a little research and speaking with someone from Greece and others that have gone, they suggest that we do the same as you said. So it will be regular Miami Clothes and sweaters to cover up in the morning and at night! :) Hope you have a fantastic time!

You too! Happy and safe travels :)

I always just go online and get a 10 to 14 day forecast the day before I leave for each port we will be visiting.This method has been very accurate over the last several years.

This usually works; however, we went on a Baltic cruise in July 2010. I checked weather.com right before we left. The forecasted temps were in the 70's. When we got to St. Petersburg, the temps were in the 90's! We weren't the only ones that had checked weather.com. Most of the passengers did not have the proper clothing for those temps!

Karen

Always pack things you can wear in layers and you usually will be fine. I try to bring a variety of things (short sleeves, long sleeves, a cardigan or sweatshirt, etc). The only time it doesn't work too well is if you happen to hit an unusual and long-lasting heat wave. That's happened to me twice; both times I actually ended up buying a couple more short-sleeved tee-shirts to see me through.

Archived