Lower port fees and taxes?: Thank you NCL!

tulch

In my morning email were copies of existing reservation/confirmations for three balcony staterooms on a 2013 sailing of the Dawn. The only change from the previous confirmations -- I keep copies in an email folder -- were price reductions of $12 to $15 per week for each stateroom Everything else, including OBC, was unchanged.

These were sent by NCL's corporate reservation system. I called my PCC and what she sees on her computer for us are the new rates reflected in today's emails. We also have an Inside Stateroom booked for which I did not receive an email, but does reflect a lower rate on my PCC's system.

I looked at total fares and amounts due. But I bet if I go back and look, the port fees and taxes have gone down.

Anybody else get this good news? (And thank you NCL! I didn't have to call or ask for anything. The reductions just showed up!)

In my morning email were copies of existing reservation/confirmations for three balcony staterooms on a 2013 sailing of the Dawn. The only change from the previous confirmations -- I keep copies in an email folder -- were price reductions of $12 to $15 per week for each stateroom Everything else, including OBC, was unchanged.

These were sent by NCL's corporate reservation system. I called my PCC and what she sees on her computer for us are the new rates reflected in today's emails. We also have an Inside Stateroom booked for which I did not receive an email, but does reflect a lower rate on my PCC's system.

I looked at total fares and amounts due. But I bet if I go back and look, the port fees and taxes have gone down.

Anybody else get this good news? (And thank you NCL! I didn't have to call or ask for anything. The reductions just showed up!)

What port are you sailing from? I am sailing the Dawn out of Tampa 1/13..did you book directly with NCL or TA?

Booked our first balcony stateroom for b2b sailing on the Dawn (1/6 -20, 2013) from Tampa in Feb 2011. The price reduction for that booking was $31. Duplicated the booking for my in-laws in February 2012. Their reduction was $26. Added a balcony and an inside for the first week (Jan 6-13, 2013) in February as well. I believe the reduction for each was $13.

Still haven't checked to see whether the reduction was in port fees, gov't taxes or fare....

I just compared my invoices. There is a $13.20 reduction in "Government Taxes/Fees" per person. I booked on 2/29/12 directly with a PCC. We're sailing Western Caribbean out of Tampa on 3/17/13 to ports of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

I just compared my invoices. There is a $13.20 reduction in "Government Taxes/Fees" per person. I booked on 2/29/12 directly with a PCC. We're sailing Western Caribbean out of Tampa on 3/17/13 to ports of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

So I guess if these taxes and fees go up you can expect to pay more.

We booked for Jan 2014 for the Eastern Caribbean out of NYC on the Gem about 2 weeks ago. Three days after I received our original invoice, I received a new one with port fees & taxes lowered. It was a $12.00 reduction for 4. I'll take it :)

Oh yeah, the ports are San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, & Samana

We booked for Jan 2014 for the Eastern Caribbean out of NYC on the Gem about 2 weeks ago. Three days after I received our original invoice, I received a new one with port fees & taxes lowered. It was a $12.00 reduction for 4. I'll take it :)

Oh yeah, the ports are San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, & Samana

We're booked on the same cruise but leaving March, 2014...and no reduction. I even called our PCC about it and she assured me we had the best deal available.

Things that make you go hmmm.

I am booked on the same Gem cruise for Nov of this year and nothing. I wonder why some and not others. Makes no sense. :confused:

Perhaps the taxes are going down effective January 1, 2013, or some other date after your cruise. Everyone who has reported a reduction is cruising after 1/1/13.

We're booked on the same cruise but leaving March' date=' 2014...and no reduction. I even called our PCC about it and she assured me we had the best deal available.

Things that make you go hmmm.[/quote']

It has nothing to do with a "best deal"...it's a reduction in taxes. Your cruise is almost two years in the future...it wouldn't be unusual for them to be making changes in date order...they may not have gotten to your date yet. Be patient.

We're booked on the same cruise but leaving March' date=' 2014...and no reduction. I even called our PCC about it and she assured me we had the best deal available.

Things that make you go hmmm.[/quote']

The "government taxes/fees" were $168.59 per person & they went to $165.59 per person. We are in a SC category. Maybe they had the wrong amount to begin with, don't know. It was only a total of $12.00

It has nothing to do with a "best deal"...it's a reduction in taxes. Your cruise is almost two years in the future...it wouldn't be unusual for them to be making changes in date order...they may not have gotten to your date yet. Be patient.

Yeah, but someone cruising Jan/14 received the rebate and I didn't. From what people are posting there isn't a hard and fast rule they are following, mind you it is hard to tell considering all the different itineraries that are possible.

I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over $12 on a $5000+ cruise, but any savings are nice.

Yeah' date=' but someone cruising Jan/14 received the rebate and I didn't. From what people are posting there isn't a hard and fast rule they are following, mind you it is hard to tell considering all the different itineraries that are possible.

I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over $12 on a $5000+ cruise, but any savings are nice.[/quote']

Look at post #s 4 and 8 made yesterday by "slotaddict" who is cruising in January, 2013...more than a year before your cruise. In post #4, "slotaddict" says he/she hasn't yet heard about a reduction. Approximately 4 hours later, in post #8, "slotaddict" reports getting an email about the reduction. As I said, be patient...your cruise isn't until March, 2014...two months after the person you're referring to.

I booked last week for 4 nights on the Sky out of Miami oct 29 2012. I haven't received an e-mail :(.... Humm Should I ask about it?

As I said in an earlier post, everyone who has reported being notified about lower taxes is cruising in 2013 or later, so I think there's a good chance the change isn't applicable to 2012 cruises.

Archived