Regis and Kelly

sunshine 229

First, this is not a big deal for me, but I am curious as to some of the statements made. Without knowing what "rules rules" you are speaking of, I can understand posts that may reveal the clues that were given being deleted, but as far as the thread goes, I wonder what would be wrong with discussing the contest and some generalities about it. For instance, I mentioned my understanding that the show's normal contest questioning deals with a prior day's guest. I wondered if it was generally the day before or anytime prior. I suggested that one of the show's regular viewers might help with such advice on how the normal contests go. This doesn't mean they will maintain that style, but I don't see how that would be a problem. As for fraud, I don't see how this would be fraud.

Tom, Lighten up, we are kidding. Don`t you see that we use the smilies:D They do mean something you know:rolleyes: that is why they are there, to show how we really feel:p

First, this is not a big deal for me, but I am curious as to some of the statements made. Without knowing what "rules rules" you are speaking of, I can understand posts that may reveal the clues that were given being deleted, but as far as the thread goes, I wonder what would be wrong with discussing the contest and some generalities about it.
No worries Tom. You're alright. Heck, someone tell me the rules or help me win! I'm not shy...I'll take any advantage I can get. ;)

Tom, Lighten up, we are kidding. Don`t you see that we use the smilies:D They do mean something you know:rolleyes: that is why they are there, to show how we really feel:p

I'll repeat, THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL, JUST CURIOUS1

My questions are legit, and was actually looking for answers, not comments about the post, etc.

I couldn't be any lighter, or I thought, more clear.

I guess the best way would be to start a new thread, and ask the question flat out, but I'm not that serious about it, nor that optimistic about winning anyway, even if I had all the clues, was familiar with the show style, watched all the shows leading up, etc. etc.

First, this is not a big deal for me, but I am curious as to some of the statements made. Without knowing what "rules rules" you are speaking of, I can understand posts that may reveal the clues that were given being deleted, but as far as the thread goes, I wonder what would be wrong with discussing the contest and some generalities about it. For instance, I mentioned my understanding that the show's normal contest questioning deals with a prior day's guest. I wondered if it was generally the day before or anytime prior. I suggested that one of the show's regular viewers might help with such advice on how the normal contests go. This doesn't mean they will maintain that style, but I don't see how that would be a problem. As for fraud, I don't see how this would be fraud.

Tom

Relax, I think sharing the clues is a great idea. I quoted a single sentence and was focused on this phrase "logical source for "disposing" the freebie cruise"

How many threads /posts have you seen deleted where a member was looking for a roomate, someone to share a cabin with grandpa, had to cancel will let you have my cabins half price....etc

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards....... Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

Tom

Relax, I think sharing the clues is a great idea. I quoted a single sentence and was focused on this phrase "logical source for "disposing" the freebie cruise"

How many threads /posts have you seen deleted where a member was looking for a roomate, someone to share a cabin with grandpa, had to cancel will let you have my cabins half price....etc

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards....... Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

Talk about "Lighten UP"!!

For someone who goes to great lengths to clarify so many cruise related issues, the "rules is rules" certainly wasn't too clear to me. Maybe my statement wasn't that clear, but after all, I was in a "light" mood, and wasn't expecting "my" "thought" to be the subject of a rule violation. Matter of fact, I still don't see what was or would be wrong with my thinking. To try again; what I was attempting to say was, if because of the short notice nature of the contest reward, and I had some cabins that I could not fill with my own personal contacts (not likely), wouldn't this board be a good place for me to select a CC'er that I've met along the way? I'm not worried, I'm not counting on winning, and certainly would not be posting a thread asking if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all the information you provide on a regualar basis on this board, and sorry for objecting to this "theoretical" issue, but I don't like to leave things unfinished, so was trying to clear it up.

(PS I'd use an icon for "scratching my head" if I knew what it was)

Talk about "Lighten UP"!!

For someone who goes to great lengths to clarify so many cruise related issues, the "rules is rules" certainly wasn't too clear to me. Maybe my statement wasn't that clear, but after all, I was in a "light" mood, and wasn't expecting "my" "thought" to be the subject of a rule violation. Matter of fact, I still don't see what was or would be wrong with my thinking. To try again; what I was attempting to say was, if because of the short notice nature of the contest reward, and I had some cabins that I could not fill with my own personal contacts (not likely), wouldn't this board be a good place for me to select a CC'er that I've met along the way? I'm not worried, I'm not counting on winning, and certainly would not be posting a thread asking if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all the information you provide on a regualar basis on this board, and sorry for objecting to this "theoretical" issue, but I don't like to leave things unfinished, so was trying to clear it up.

(PS I'd use an icon for "scratching my head" if I knew what it was)

The spoken word is a much better tool for humor - Rules is Rules was intended as humor not to confuse anyboby. :confused:

Now when can we expect the first clues to be posted. I'm ready :D

I think it would be great if someone won from this thread and invited a family of CC members. We would get twenty reviews from the first cruise and it would be great PR for CC. On top of that there would be twenty very happy posters and we can always use more of them.

FYI - I think I read somewere that Julie is the current CD on the Crown.

Maybe NCL should "somewhat" randomly pick 20 CC'ers for this cruise, in addtion to the 1,000 already planned. I would suggest they somehow pick them at random from the the entire board, or just the NCL board, or maybe 10 and 10. Once picked at random, they could have some "independent" party or parties review that person's post to see if them meet some minimum qualification criteria, just to make sure the person was a "reasonable" resource. I mean some folks get on here just to grind an axe, and would not be a deserving winner.

Each selected winner could either use the cruise or pass it along to someone else.

Maybe NCL should "somewhat" randomly pick 20 CC'ers for this cruise, in addtion to the 1,000 already planned. I would suggest they somehow pick them at random from the the entire board, or just the NCL board, or maybe 10 and 10. Once picked at random, they could have some "independent" party or parties review that person's post to see if them meet some minimum qualification criteria, just to make sure the person was a "reasonable" resource. I mean some folks get on here just to grind an axe, and would not be a deserving winner.

Each selected winner could either use the cruise or pass it along to someone else.

Great idea!! If I were the Marketing VP the random part would terrify me. Think of the venom that was posted here around the POAL. I have to believe NCL will have some TAs, VIPs and Critics onboard in addition to 1000 from the show. I am sure they will be hand picked. Lets face it the goal is positive PR.

Tom take a shot and send Andy or Colin an email. :)

Great idea!! If I were the Marketing VP the random part would terrify me. Think of the venom that was posted here around the POAL. I have to believe NCL will have some TAs, VIPs and Critics onboard in addition to 1000 from the show. I am sure they will be hand picked. Lets face it the goal is positive PR.

Tom take a shot and send Andy or Colin an email. :)

I agree. It wouldn't hurt to shoot one, or both, of them a quick note. I think Andy Stuart would be the best though since he is the VP of Marketing & Sales. You could always just cc Colin

I agree. It wouldn't hurt to shoot one, or both, of them a quick note. I think Andy Stuart would be the best though since he is the VP of Marketing & Sales. You could always just cc Colin

All kidding aside, don`t you think that any decisions are made my the show? The ship is chartered by them. NCL has no say in what they do with the ship or on the ship.

Shoreguy, you know how much it is to charter a ship:eek:

I wouldn`t bother NCL with this. It could make the boards look foolish:o IMHO.

All kidding aside, don`t you think that any decisions are made my the show? The ship is chartered by them. NCL has no say in what they do with the ship or on the ship.

Shoreguy, you know how much it is to charter a ship:eek:

I wouldn`t bother NCL with this. It could make the boards look foolish:o IMHO.

My guess with only 1000 passengers plus the staff and crew of the show that NCL has some cabins for other guests. Not sure this is a charter but rather a PR promotion from NCL. Pretty cheap for 2 hours a day for five days of TV advertising.

Why not add an online promotion as well. Does not add to the cost for NCL. I would not be surprised to see one of the CruiseMates staff onboard or even someone from CC for a near real time review. You know there will be media reporters onboard.

I was speaking with an NCL rep (who knows I'm a cc'er) sometime last week & was told that Colin Veitch sent all of his employees an e-mail re- the Dawn incident to assure them that the company did everything that they could to insure the safety of all onboard. The e-mail also encouraged them to come visit Cruise Critic "too see how the general public is responding to this"

My guess with only 1000 passengers plus the staff and crew of the show that NCL has some cabins for other guests. Not sure this is a charter but rather a PR promotion from NCL. Pretty cheap for 2 hours a day for five days of TV advertising.

Why not add an online promotion as well. Does not add to the cost for NCL. I would not be surprised to see one of the CruiseMates staff onboard or even someone from CC for a near real time review. You know there will be media reporters onboard.

I am pretty sure that I read that it is a full charter. I would think that Regis and Kelly will be inviting all of their family and friends also. (I think she has 10 kids by now:eek: )

Of course there will be media, that is what this is all about. Great press for NCL and the show.

I wouldn`t touch these boards with a 10' lifeboat. What if they got a fraley onboard:eek: Or worse Fraley himself!!!

NCL is obviously very proud of this new vessel and the "America" venture and wants to send it off in grand style and in a very open, public way. I don't see any fear of Fraleys here, just a big, open invitation for the whole country to take a look inside the Pride of America. I'm impressed with the display of confidence and am looking forward to seeing the ship!!!

originally posted by Tomct

I wondered if it was generally the day before or anytime prior. I suggested that one of the show's regular viewers might help with such advice on how the normal contests go.

I asked my sister this same question and she said she thinks it is most commonly from the previous day's show, but also is often from maybe 2-3 days prior. No way to know for sure, as you said, but something to go on.

It won't be broadcast here for another 2.25 hours.

Can anyone tell me what time the show airs on the East Coast? I gotta know how early to get up to receive that telephone call ;) .

Also, how the contest goes is that you collect all the clues, then e- or snail mail them in. Next week, they draw the names, then call those people. Each day, one of those lucky people has to answer a question on the air. The question is about something that they discussed on a past show. So...the clues are step one, but you still have to answer a question if your name gets drawn. If you don't know the answer to the question, you don't win the prize. :eek:

Good luck everyone!

Thanks!Yes, it is going to be a challenge for me to remember to watch every day, too. Luckily I have lots of time once I wake up to be reminded, but hopefully not so much time that I forget again!! Your post was my reminder this morning.:)

I saw it today ...heh heh heh:D

Now if I can just remember to watch the other four days. :rolleyes:

Tell you what, if I miss a day and somebody watches it that day and needs today's...I'll trade em clues;)

Archived