Regis and Kelly

sunshine 229

Hi everyone!

I was popping in to check on some dates and read some back messages. (Does anyone else have the experience with the auto notification to one's e-mail address sends SOME of the responses, but not all? Sometimes I think I am receiving all the replies on a thread, then go back to read and see that there was a lot that I had missed.)

Anyway, I saw posts 110 & 114 regarding where I tried to direct those on another thread to this one. I was attempting to respond on a thread that had 3 or so posts on it regarding this Regis & Kelly topic. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on this one;) . Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, I'm going to work on some more postcards now, and my e-mail entry for today.:)

Anyway, I saw posts 110 & 114 regarding where I tried to direct those on another thread to this one. I was attempting to respond on a thread that had 3 or so posts on it regarding this Regis & Kelly topic. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on this one;) . Sorry for the confusion.
So that there aren't 5 or 6 threads about this one thing I've combined all the Regis and Kelly threads that's why you see things you've responded to on another thread on this thread. Make sense?

So that's why you were posting that url! I really wondered about you. :D

I find it so much easier to just mark a thread as a favorite and then go back and check it a few times a day.

It says that knowing the 5 clues only gives you a "chance" to win. That when they call you, they MAY ask you a question about another "live" show and that if you answer that question, you'll win.

Did anyone else understand that to be the case?

So even if I know the 5 clues and they pick my name, if I don't know the answer to their question, I don't win. Is that correct?

okay, Iamthesea, I am hoping that the questions will come from shows starting today, so hopefully you will be okay (me too!).

In the weeks since this contest started, it seems that their question for the "Wild" trivia contest was taken from the previous day's show. Hopefully this continues for the next contest!!!!

I have the recorder all set and am going to make up some quiz questions for y'all after it airs here. Gotta get my note pad ready, too.:D :D

This is quite a commitment of time, but imagine how horrifying it would be to beat the 1 in a million or so odds and actually get your name chosen, then NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!!!!! :eek: :eek:

So even if I know the 5 clues and they pick my name, if I don't know the answer to their question, I don't win. Is that correct?

Correct. Also, the wording that I see in the rules does not say that they MAY ask you a question. It is stated as a main part of the contest that you must answer the question correctly to win the prize. This seems to be standard for their contests.

It also says in the rules that they may choose up to 2 standby entrants for each weekday. If the first entrant misses the question, the standby entrants may get a shot that day.

At the end of the contest, the sponsors will tally up the number of individual trips that were declined/forfeited by designated potential travel guests of the previous winners and offer these trips in a "Second Chance drawing/competition". Those who answered incorrectly and who were standby, but didn't get a chance to win will be eligible. This second chance prize is for 4 people, instead of 20.

Wouldn't it be awful to be called and only to be told that you are the #3 standby...and then not get a chance to play? :eek:

I felt sorry for the lady today that had four children and wanted to go to Disney. The answer was fairly easy, but she drew a blank.

OMG! I am watching right now and they asked their trivia question. SO MUCH FOR MY THEORY!!! They asked a question about "earlier in the week". I did know the answer, but did not see that show. Oh well, Maybe they choose from that week, though????

Bummer on the lady who did not win the Disney trip:( . The guy yesterday didn't win either.

Okay, the show is not over, but I am typing anyway, so here's a question

Who is the #1 R & B singer as of this week?

On Monday, Regis might ask: "Our guest on Friday's show, John Cryer, just celebrated which "big" birthday?"

Right, Long Island!

Okay, here's another one:

Regis might say, "On our show last week, we mentioned a new attraction at Disney World...one that was started at Disneyland Paris. What is that attraction?"

(This is a tricky one, as they mentioned 2 new attractions at Disney World, and they both opened in May of 05, per a Disney website. Regis did describe the answer to the above question as "The newest attraction at Disney World")

I had to look it up on Google, but the answer is: Evangeline Lilly lived in the Philippines with a missionary group.

Any other leads on which guest stars appeared on shows last week? I have John Cryer, Bobby Valentino, and Grant Hill on Friday, along with a skit regarding the "Lights, Motors, Action" attraction. For Thursday, Evangeline Lilly.

This promotion is only good for residents of Michigan (and only certain counties). The winner gets a trip for 2 on the Pride of America inaugural sailing (same sailing as the national sweepstakes prize). Check out the following link:

http://www.wzzm13.com/sendmail/cruiseintro.asp

I wonder how many other local sweepstakes are being run.

Archived