The Perfect Group Cruise

cactuslady

OK, we've done a lot of whining about large groups on cruises on other threads. Now let's try something different:

If you stumbled upon a large group on your cruise that was so interesting and exciting that you would actually ask to join in, what would it be?

Scrapbookers?

Quilters?

Photographers?

Country music fans?

Hot air balloonists?

Clowns?

Episcopalians?

You tell me. :)

:) Is it okay to select 'none of the above'? ;)

I could imagine wanting to join in with an interesting 'reading club' group cruise. Or maybe a large group of people who use South Beach as a lifestyle.

Daily walkers........

Would I actually sign up to cruise with the sort of groups I've mentioned??? NO!

If I stumbled upon that group, I would be interested to try to speak with some of them and maybe attend some of their meetings/session if that were possible.

Just as an FYI..."regular" cruisers usually can't join in on group activities, even if they want to. The group is usually paying extra for their special events. This is just a hypothetical question. But since you asked...

Since I'm RC, I'll probably join the Episcopalians at the bar for a drink. :D

Roz

Just as an FYI..."regular" cruisers usually can't join in on group activities, even if they want to. The group is usually paying extra for their special events. This is just a hypothetical question. Roz

Agreed. This is a fantasy cruise question for our entertainment. I should add a disclaimer that I am not advocating that anyone barge uninvited into anyone else's organized activities, even if the shrimp and champagne do look good.

However, it might not be too far fetched to imagine asking. There are lots of groups these days looking for more members who might even say "yes," or at least give you some information on how to join the organization when you get back ashore. A few might even clutch you to their bosom with enthusiasm (hypothetical religious groups come to mind). :)

*A group from Ireland. I know they'd be having a great time and fun to join.

*A group of off-shore fishermen (and ladies) from around the world. I still have a lot to learn about off-shore fishing and I'd enjoy their company.

*A gardening group, if they weren't too dull to be interesting....Not a "Garden Club" group.

*An antiques and collectables group....same qualifiers as with the gardening group.

* I read a lot, but I don't think I'm ready for a reading group.

Although we're far from being anti-social, we're not much into "group" activities, other than family. When we cruise we thoroughly enjoy the regular ship activities and spending time on our veranda. I've not seen any group cruise yet that would particularly attract me.

Although we're far from being anti-social, we're not much into "group" activities, other than family. When we cruise we thoroughly enjoy the regular ship activities and spending time on our veranda. I've not seen any group cruise yet that would particularly attract me.

Ha Ha. This, coming from the organizer of our Cruise Critic group on the Prinsendam. :rolleyes:

I would have to say~~Irish Dancers~~ceili and sets, but not step.The step ended when I realized I can't tell my left from my right.-NO, not that right-the other right.

DFD1-I noticed on another thread that you've been to Ireland a number of times.

...Do you have family there? Or do you belong to orginizations?

...Feel free to say 'it's none of your business.

Take care,

Pat.

Saltydog28. Was invited over in 1966. Spent a week and came home hooked for life.

I'm Irish, but that's not the focus of my interest. I just love the place and the people. I love to fish and I love the sea. Ireland supplies plenty of both. I also think it is one of the most beautiful little countries in the world.

I, either alone or with a small group of family/friends, usually try and go every year, in the late spring if possible. Usually get a house in the southwest for a week and then dash up the west coast to a house in Donegal for a week, sometimes longer.

This routine has become one of the joys of my life. I hope you like Ireland, too.

Oh let me think:confused: ....... hmmmmm ... maybe if the Chippendale Dancers decided to hit the high seas they could convince me to join them for a little chat;)

Actually I would choose my own CC HAL-O-Ween Dam cruise group ... the best bunch of people ever assembed and still growing. So I'm the lucky one because I'm going to get my dream cruise!!!:D

DFD1-As you're going up the west coast did you ever stop to fish in Ballina-in County Mayo in the River Moy?

Yes. I love it there. Our youngest was named for one of the most beautiful places in the world. And she'll tell you she was named for an airport.

If you'll be going soon have a safe holiday.

Pat.

I would wish to cruise with a group like the folks we encountered on our South America cruise on the Amsterdam. I was a diverse group, from many countries, but it was clear most on the cruise were well travelled and just delightful!!! :)

We have the pleasure of cruising again with a couple from the cruise and are looking soooo forward to it!:cool:

Trubey,

You've had groups on your cruises and probably didn't even know it. My first cruise was a group cruise on the Statendam to Alaska. I was part of a 35-person walking club. At each port, we got off the ship and did a 10K walk for credit. One night we had a small cocktail party in the Crow's Nest and raffled off a pair of New Balance shoes. We were never loud or obnoxious.

Roz

• 1 year later...
Oh let me think:confused: ....... hmmmmm ... maybe if the Chippendale Dancers decided to hit the high seas they could convince me to join them for a little chat;)

The Chippendale Dancers will be on a cruise in September. Should be an interesting sailing.

Archived