Do you like a bad day on a cruise?

cruisenanny

Do you like a BAD day on a cruise better than a GOOD day at work?? I see a lot of people here say this. Is it just a saying, or do some of you really mean it?:(

I LOVE what I do everyday and cruising is just a part of the life I love, not an escape from daily drudgery.

Luckily I can say I have never really had a BAD day on a cruise, but if I ever do I am sure it will be far worse than a good day at work!:p

I'm fortunate that I have a job I love. So yeah, if the cruise is going to be bad, i'd rather be at work. But I haven't yet had a bad cruise day. I've had days where things weren't perfect (lousy weather, rerouted ports, noisy kids running down the hall when i'm trying to sleep) but nothing to make it a completely bad day.

I adore my job, but I only work a few hours a night twice a week. Other then that my "work days" consist of busting my but cooking & cleaning for my family...... and I hate cooking & cleaning.

I'd rather have a bad day on a cruise. At least then I'm not the one cooking!!

I also prefer a good day at work to a bad day on a cruise.

DH and I work hard at jobs we like well enough, but it takes so much sacrifice to scrape up the money to take our family of 4 on a cruise every year or two that if we didn't end up enjoying ourselves it would seem like a huge waste.

Luckily it hasn't happened yet!

I guess it all depends on the definition of bad. If it is truly bad; not the bacon is soft, there are chair hogs or it rained today; then I would rather have a good day at work. Although I have yet to experience a bad day of cruising. *knocks on wood*

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I never thought I would have a bad cruise until RCL's EOS this past February. I could not wait to get back, even suggested that we fly home! Other than that cruise, no, I've never had a bad cruise, even the one we took to Bermuda and it rained every single day, still had a great time!

I am very lucky I love my job and I love my co-workers. A good day at work would probably beat a good day on a cruise! Now a bad day at work is so very, very, bad it has nothing to compare it to.

Can the Concordia sinking please end this cliche once and for all please?

*LOL* Well I was just about to say before I saw your post , if I was on the Concordia THAT day , then yes I would have rather been at work :)

But if you consider a bad day cruising as rainy , or not sunny, or we had to miss a port . There are still inside activities to partake in, I am still getting pampered by the crew and fed well, and they have to slide the roof over the pool if I want to go swimming .

All in all , I would rather be on the ship than at work

There are days I can love my job, and then there are those where I think my office could become the lead story on CNN. :eek:

Now that I've said that, I can also sincerely add that I feel I'm very much in the minority on this board topic . . .

My best day(s) at work are pretty much equal to my best day(s) on a cruise. For real!! On those unique special work days I'm offered entertainment, activity, fantastic food, drink, and a night in a very nice hotel. And I'm on the payroll throughout.

I'll fully agree I'm in a very small percentage who can claim that, but it's true. I've had a lot of great cruise vacations, and only one would I say was completely 'Bad' (and that was my very first cruise). Some have been totally superb, with me not wanting to get off the ship, and some others were quite enjoyable without being overly memorable.

Coming up pretty soon will be another special day at work that I anticipate will be better than numerous questionable days on a cruise. I look forward to it . . . as it helps counter some of the "CNN Days". :)

So far I have 44days at sea...I had a total of 1 hr of a. Bad cruise. Liberty about a yr ago.. Had the room steward on the deck above us dump dirty water on my head from above and all I got was an oops... Not even a sorry

Archived