Hard Sided Luggage Dimensions

Long shot here but does anyone know when the dimensions are given online for expandable hard sided luggage,, if they are given when the expansion is not extended?

Reason is, I am looking at a 29" expandable. If the measurements are before the expansion, then expanding it will put me over the size limit when we fly to Europe for our next cruise. I will start looking at a smaller one.

Just when I need a "Talk to a person" button there is not one:eek:

Happy Ks is correct with 2/12 inches. If you expand it you may go over size and depending how much you pack weight limit..- check with your airline carriers baggage restrictions they post it on their website.

I also have other helpful tips- when shopping for luggage- I wrote a blog on it may years ago. In a nutshell-readers digest version:

If you are going to buy luggage- before buying online- go a store (like Macys or local luggage shop even target)open the bag: play with the zippers, check if zips around smoothly around the bag,

pull the upright handle up and down handle(if it sticks or too loose it will do it in transit) , wheel it around a mini test drive in the store- get the feel to see if its comfortable, Also lift it up and down a couple times, if its too heavy empty opt for a lighter one. look inside "zen pack" You know how you pack picture your stuff in the bag. Not all bags have same layout inside similar- if you want to hang look for a suiter feature on side(to fit hanging clothes usually 1 or 2 garments at best), expandable if like extra room.

I believe there's a piece a luggage for everyone whatever style, budget or way of travel (here its cruising)

Luggage does last about 10-15 years sometimes more depending on how much you travel and how rough the airlines can be.

good luck

I work part time in a luggage store and can tell you that unless you don't live close enough to a luggage store, buying online will not save you any money. We price match online prices and are generally the same price, sometimes a buck or two more, once in a great while as much as $20 more. We don't price match bid sites, just legitimate retailers. I realize there are a lot of legitimate retailers on bid sites, but most of our suppliers determine the retail pricing. Macy's will advertise sale pricing, their sale prices are the same as ours and many times our every day prices.

Ebags are the same price as us, sometimes it costs more if there is shipping. Luggage online dot com and most others are the same.

The best par about purchase at a luggage store is that we are trained to show the difference in product lines and we provide assistance with repair, if needed. We also have many other travel goodies, such as money belts, adaptor plugs, luggage tags, locks, packing cubes, etc... Many times people who come in for the first time after walking by for years are shocked at how much we have.

For me, the best parts about buying locally when possible is you have your stuff immediately, you can see/feel what you are getting and you are helping to support your local community/jobs rather than an order desk that drop ships merchandise.

Archived