Good Hotel in Victoria (Inner Harbor area)

lulabug

We will be staying one night in Victoria before boarding the Summitt

in Vancouver, Has anyone stayed close to where the ferry does the drop off

at Inner Harbor, And did anyone use Priceline or Hotwire for the room.

We are looking at the Marriott and The Royal Scott, I would love to hear

from you if you have stayed at either.

Have a Nice Day,

Janie:)

Hi Janie:

Friends of ours tell us the Mariott was nice. Clean, well-appointed rooms, friendly staff. They loved the down pillows and comforter. They thought it was oceanfront - it isn't. It's a few blocks from the water. But, still perfect for walking around the inner harbour, museum, Empress and Government Street shopping.

Am sorry I cannot help with the Royal Scott. It used to be well know for those seeking extended stay accomodation as most rooms had kitchens. It was never considered luxury, but they may have updated recently.

If you're looking for an oceanfront hotel, the Laurel Point, Grand Pacific and Ocean Point (over the bridge on the opposite side of the harbour) are all gorgeous, high-end hotels on the inner harbour.

Try searching on TripAdvisor.com - there are lots of reviews and opinions!

Best of luck!! Have a great trip -

:cool: Starbuck

We stayed at the Grand Pacific two years ago. Very nice hotel. If you are taking the Victoria Clipper from Seattle, you can walk to the hotel from where their ferries dock (it's about one-half block walk), and the ferry company has good packages deals with that hotel. Check their website

I've stayed at the Chateau Victoria. A very nice hotel a little cheaper than the Empress. If you are taking a ferry to/from Vancouver. Swartz Bay is about a 20 min ride away, the buses do a downtown drop off.

I have stayed at all the hotels at the inner harbor of Victoria. The Ocean point is the most elegant, but no balconies off of the rooms. We also liked the Laurel point Inn (every room with a view) and about 5 years ago we stayed at the "Coast". Their corner rooms with harbor views are very nice.Good luck! Patricia:)

My husband and I stayed at a very convenient location right across the street from the ferry terminal. Location, location, location! We were very impressed with the place, the price, and the service afforded to us at the Huntingdon Manor Hotel. It is under the same management and on the same property as the Gatsby House B & B, a charming landmark of Victoria. The dining room of the Gatsby House is incredible also. Good luck in choosing!

Archived