Wife needs a clothing steamer????

I bought a steamer at market several years ago. I have packed it on several cruises without it going to the naughty room.

I just purchased some new clothes for our upcoming cruise and the wrinkled look is in....... maybe I don't even need to worry about the steamer on this cruise.

I haven't had the best of luck on my laundry service on the ship so not sure what I will let them wash on my next cruise. OUr dry cleaning service has been spot on.

I now tend to buy cruise clothes that won't wrinkle. The problem is staying in the same size of the cruise clothes I bought.

We took our stemer on 2 VOS cruises. This past Feburary we sailed FOS and I ended up in the naughty room... Funny thing, Security said I had wine in my suit case! I said you've got to be kidding me! They scanned it 3 more times while I watched. Then they asked if I had an iorn or an electrical device and I said yes a steamer.. They kept the item and I picked it up out side the terminal on the way home...

After quite a few cruises, my wife only take dresses that are made of some kind of fabric, maybe knit ? , not sure , but you can practically throw them in the suitcase, and they do not wrinkle whatsoever.. The hardest part is me doing the unpacking and hanging about 40 dresses for a 7 day cruise?:eek:

According to this link on the RCI website What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship? you should have no problem bringing a clothes steamer on board as it is not on the list of prohibited items.

Accepting this as fact, Royal's IT staff is notoriously bad when it comes to their website especially. You may find another spot on the website that says no steamers, or if a guy at security has its his banned list, it doesn't matter what the website says. We could probably start a thread and keep it going on places their website contradicts other policy or even other spots on the web. Try browsing through excursions looking for limitations and then compare those when you actually purchase the excursion.

When we unpack we look at anything that might need pressing and use the in cabin service, its pretty cheap.

Archived