Designing a cruise ship....

jakeHOU97

What would you like to be focused on in a new cruise design?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to be focused on in a new cruise design?

• More Food options
    • More outdoor options (slides,zipline,ect.)
    • Shopping
    • Ship's Decor
    • Expanding size of current public places
    • Cabin Amenities/Size
    • Entertainment
    • Guest services
    • Other

So, im sure im not the only one thats frustrated with Carnival cramming more cabins in on ships...so I decided I'm going to have a little fun and "design" my own cruise ship in a notebook. I want the ships to be big like the Dream Class, but maybe take off ALL the cabins on deck 6 or 9 (or take out the cabins on 10,11,12) And add more amenities like a bowling alley, movie theater, ice rink, ect. and expanding current public areas (like a bigger pool area)

If you have any ideas on what I should put on this "ship" on mine, post it here and I'll try to include it.

I'll scan the deck plans on here when I'm finished. :D

I'm glad I'm not that only one who designs my perfect cruise ship in my spare time. Hahaha.

An expanded pool area is definitely a must! Also, I like how on NCL they have many different types of restuarants. I would definitely include an Italian restaurant (Cocina del Capitano), a French restuarant, Asian restuarant, and Tapas restaurant.

A rock wall is a must.

More waterslides (especially like the new one on the Spirit).

Bowling alley

Surf machine like on Freedom and Oasis class RCCL ships.

That's all I have for now.

I am handicapped and there are three changes I would like. 1. Make the doors to the stateroom wider so a person who can walk a few steps (like me) can reserve a standard room and still get the wheelchair/scooter in the room. 2. Put automatic openers on the stateroom doors so it isn't so hard to get into and out of the cabin when alone and using a chair/scooter. 3. Design the bathrooms with universal design principles (ramp to bathroom, higher toilet, etc.).

Howdy.

More aft cabins please.

Can you make your ship 200' long and 1000' wide.

Also...horizontal people movers...in addition to more elevators.

Thanks.

:cool:

One more edit....DW requests soft-serve ice cream machines

in every cabin.

Howdy.

More aft cabins please.

Thanks.

in every cabin.

You'll have to pay extra for those cabins!;)

Like I mentioned, I will take out at least a deck of cabins on my ship. Anyone know approx. how much the capacity will go down?

I'm that great with estimates, but I think it would go down by around 700 pax. Very rough estimate though.

I would design the Allure/Oasis of the Seas and price it at $699 for a balcany going on the Victory's Southern itinerary

Now you're thinkin' . . . :D

OR . . . an Allure/Oasis sized ship with ALL teeny tiny cabins for SOLO cruisers or couples that really like each other like the Epic.:rolleyes:

I second the lazy river idea! What about a zero entry, beach type pool. Maybe a swim up bar in the adult pool! Maybe more umbrellas so the fair people like me can still sit next to their sun loving spouse!!

I like the balcony cabins facing the inside of the ship on some areas like the Oasis/Allure!

I would like to see the pool deck, with bigger pools and more room for sun bathing. I want to go on vacation relaxe and not fight people for deck chairs. over the years it seems to me that Carnival has forgotten that people go on vacation for the sunshine.

Change the buffet area to have stations, like the Windjammer on RC ships.

I agree about the larger pool area with more options for seating. I don't want to be 3 decks up on the jogging track, smashed in like sardines, because that was the only spot with openings. Also, if you're going to have areas like that, add misters (like at theme parks) so there's at least a place to cool off. :D

I am loving the lazy river and swim up bar ideas! I don't think I could handle an ice cream machine in my room though; I eat enough of that ice cream when it's only on lido as it is! What about an infinity pool at the back of the ship? Someone with an engineering degree figure out a safety bar or something, but that would be really neat. More of the cushy lounge chairs like they have in Serenity too please.

Please no rock wall. That gets boring after the first climb. How about something unique......like a lazy river!

Absolutely! Take out the rock wall and put in a roller coaster! That's one thing I wouldn't mind waiting in line for, as long as it isn't a lame ride.:D

Can you put a roller skating rink ( not ice ). Would love love it.

Please no rock wall. That gets boring after the first climb. How about something unique......like a lazy river!

LOVE these two ideas. I would be on that ship in a heartbeat:D

Rottwieller Puppy had a great idea on a similar thread once. A sportsbar but with the addition of pooltables, skiball, video games etc.. sort of like a Dave and Busters at sea was how it sounded to me. Loved the idea!

Howdy.

More aft cabins please.

Thanks.

in every cabin.

Maybe make the ship round, and have it rotate s-l-o-w-l-y, so that, at some point, each balcony cabin would briefly be an aft cabin.:cool:

Archived