Best activities for young kids.

OwassoSD

We are headed out on the Carnival Magic in October. We will have 2, 5, and 9 year olds with us. We know that we will probably be limited to 3-4 hours Max. Does any one have suggestions for nice beaches that are not real expensive because we will not be there but a few hours. Or any other activities that are age appropriate.

7 Mile Beach is lovely, and easy to get to on your own. There is a bus that's just outside of the dock area....$2.50 pp....

All of the beaches have chair/umbrella rentals, and there are bathrooms, restaurants and water sport rentals all up and down the beach.

There is also a Turtle Farm, Hell (you go to say you've been to "hell"!...exciting!) and there are snorkel excursions, dolphin swims....all sorts of things! Google GC..and see what's available for your pleasure!

We are travelling with our 6 and 8 year old and am wondering the same thing.

We are considering the Pirate Excursion offering through Carnival. the reviews seem positive and it is only 2 hours.

Would love to get some feedback from people who have done it...?

• 1 month later...
What about a Dolphin Encounter? I'm a grown up kid, and I loved it. My (now) fiancee and I went to Dolphin Cove. It was wonderful! The staff is SO friendly, and the Dolphins are kept in a natural setting, which was so nice to see. All the kids around us were having a blast!

How did you book Dolphin Cove? Our ship offers Dolphin Discovery, but Dolphin Cove looks more appealing based on what I have been reading.

We just went to the turtle farm on my son's 9th birthday (but with autism compare to around 6yo). He loved holding and getting into the tank with the turtles, and snorkeling with them, but if you kids don't want to put their face in salt water bring a viewing raft for them. They supply masks and life jackets free of charge. You can also buy turtle chow for $5 a bag, which is great for getting the big guys to come right up to you.

They also have a bird house, iguanas, and a waterpark/pool thats very nice.

Archived