Problems on the Century

wallygator21015

Anyone know anything about the problem on the Century?

Just received this email from Celebrity Cruises:

We are contacting you with important information regarding you upcoming sailing on Celebrity Century. Celebrity Century is expected to arrive in San Diego, California, tomorrow, April 5 at 3:00 p.m. Once the ship arrives, it will need to be cleared by U.S. Customs and Border Protection before guests can board. We anticipate boarding will begin at approximately 3:30 pm. Seating in the terminal is very limited. Therefore, we ask that guests please not arrive tomorrow before 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard tomorrow.

Wallygator :mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1607137

No problems reported on Century -- and we've been getting "live" reports from her current pax, for the last week. The late boarding time is due to the fact that the Passenger Vessel Services Act requires that those passengers be disembarked in Ensenada, before the ship can sail up to San Diego. In the thread above, you'll find a link to the roll-call for your cruise -- they can help fill you in on how your embarkation & sail-away will work. Happy cruising! :cool:

I think this is the one where the inbound was from Hawaii and had to disembark in Mexico because of U.S. laws. So it goes there, drops off the passengers, and then runs up the coast to pick you up.

j

This was reported a couple of days ago in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1607137

But it still isn't clear whether this is actually a delay due to some sort of problem (as yet unreported and unremarked on by those currently on board) or due to perhaps something to do with the port of San Diego and/or the officials there.

The hubby and I spent eighteen nights on the Century last November. We thought it was a great ship in perfect maintenance. While I realize situations can arise with the best maintained ship, still I am a little unclear as to why there would be a current problems with the Century.

Just off the Century this morning in Ensenada. The ship did had a problem departing Honolulu on March 24 which was resolved. We arrived in Ensenada on schedule this morning and transferred to San Diego. Century was to travel to San Diego with only ships crew on board due to Jones Act.

..While I realize situations can arise with the best maintained ship, still I am a little unclear as to why there would be a current problems with the Century.

Nobody has indicated there REALLY is a problem.

????

that email is sent annually... to try to get those that never pay attention and always show up before the ship on those type of drops to comply with the PVSA.

Happened or maybe still happens when same regulation caused stop and pax drop Vancouver ..& Leaves Seattle same day. Passengers were always there and posting about the ship being late every year when they just never read their docs.

Emails now sent to ward off the complaints cruise line always got because it was their fault everyone got there early..

Nothing is wrong at all.

Archived