Bringing Wine on Board- 2 questions

dfwguy

Anyone experience a problem bringing their own Wine ?

I am aware of the corkage fee. I have 4 really good bottles I am thinking of bringing for the 7 days. Can these be stowed in checked-in luggage or must they be declared and carried on in hand luggage at check in? Thanks all!

Anyone experience a problem bringing their own Wine ?

I am aware of the corkage fee. I have 4 really good bottles I am thinking of bringing for the 7 days. Can these be stowed in checked-in luggage or must they be declared and carried on in hand luggage at check in? Thanks all!

In January, we carried a bottle of Baileys and a bottle of Jack Daniels on board at embarkation. No problem at all. We also carried purchased spirits on board at various islands, again with no problem. We like to sample the local liquors so were glad that they were not being restrictive. :D It did not interfere with my martini consumption in the Commodore Club.:eek:

You can put them in your checked luggage or carry them on. There's no problem with Cunard as opposed to Celebrity where the liquor police will use scanners to get you.

When we boarded in New York last time we took 6 half bottles of champagne. A half bottle is perfect to split while we are getting dressed for formal nights. ;)

It also doesn't affect our pre-dinner cocktail in the Chart Room. ;)

I have on several occasions taken a case of champagne on board as checked baggage, I merely stuck a luggage label on it and gave it to the baggage loaders, it arrived at my cabin with no problems. Cunard are very civilised about these things.

I think that 4 bottles comes into the tee-total category really, especially for 7 days. I tried to do the maths but gave up, didn't realise they came in that small a quantity. :)

It's like people who mention the fact that if you don't finish a bottle of wine on one evening at dinner they will save it for you until the next evening.

I mean, how can you not finish a bottle ? I just dont comprehend the notion at all !!!

It's like people who mention the fact that if you don't finish a bottle of wine on one evening at dinner they will save it for you until the next evening.

I mean, how can you not finish a bottle ? I just dont comprehend the notion at all !!!

Yes, it's strange that. My wife suffers from a very similar delusion - she feels that, once a box of chocolates has been opened, it can be closed and put away with a view to consuming the remaining contents at a later date. I mean, how flaming daft is that? :eek:

J

I must confess that I normally do store wine overnight, but that is merely because I order them two at a time. One white and one red and half a bottle of each at dinner is ample I find, they have been known to almost last for three dinners but not very often.

I am so happy to hear of Cunard's policy about bringing alcohol on board. We are planning our 2013 summer vacation which will include the eastbound TA.

We cruised most recently with Royal Caribbean (thankfully only for 5 nights) and found their alcohol policy ridiculous--our travel agent couldn't even gift us with a bottle of wine.

I am so happy to hear of Cunard's policy about bringing alcohol on board. We are planning our 2013 summer vacation which will include the eastbound TA.

We cruised most recently with Royal Caribbean (thankfully only for 5 nights) and found their alcohol policy ridiculous--our travel agent couldn't even gift us with a bottle of wine.

They won't even allow you to take soft drinks on, it seems to be sell, sell, sell with RCIL. Not bad ships and good food though.

they have been known to almost last for three dinners but not very often.

Do you eat the three dinners one after the other? I thought that type of behaviour was reserved for Jimmy.

I did make the mistake once in QG on QE2 of mentioning to Sanjay that three of my favourite puddings were on at once.

Shock! Horror" he brought me all three! and the good folks at a nearby table captured it for posterity (or for her indoors never to let me forget).

Do you eat the three dinners one after the other? I thought that type of behaviour was reserved for Jimmy...

Stewart, Stewart! You think I'm some kind of pig already? I only eat breakfasts in threes - a boy has to set himself up for the day. At dinner I am much more restrained - the most I've ever eaten at a sitting was two!

:D:D

Jimmy Two-Dinners

Do you eat the three dinners one after the other? I thought that type of behaviour was reserved for Jimmy.

I did make the mistake once in QG on QE2 of mentioning to Sanjay that three of my favourite puddings were on at once.

Shock! Horror" he brought me all three! and the good folks at a nearby table captured it for posterity (or for her indoors never to let me forget).

On the Diamond Princess a woman said she found it hard to choose what she wanted to eat off the menu. The wait staff brought everything from the menu to our table for her. Rather disconcertingly she ate 3 different main courses.

She had a big appetite. American lady. She had 5 lobsters on one formal night.

I have on several occasions taken a case of champagne on board as checked baggage, I merely stuck a luggage label on it and gave it to the baggage loaders, it arrived at my cabin with no problems. Cunard are very civilised about these things.

Cap'n Pugwash, I like you! A whole case of champagne? And you got away with it?

dancelady3

I just checked the Cunard website and spotted the following: "Guests are advised that they are allowed to bring on board one bottle per person for special occasions. Larger amounts of wine will need to be approved by the Corporate Beverage Department prior to the voyage." I am hoping they are more generous than the one bottle noted.

I just checked the Cunard website and spotted the following: "Guests are advised that they are allowed to bring on board one bottle per person for special occasions. Larger amounts of wine will need to be approved by the Corporate Beverage Department prior to the voyage." I am hoping they are more generous than the one bottle noted.
We rely on the info on this webpage instead:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/alcohol

Can I bring alcohol on board for consumption?

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our guests has always been our main concern at Cunard Line, and with this in mind we have reviewed our policies with regards to the consumption of alcohol on board our ships. Guests are welcome to bring a small amount of alcohol with them on board, there is no restriction to the amount that can be carried on board, but guests should be aware of the below policies -

We reserve the right to remove alcohol at the gangway should the need arise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will only implement on occasions where we consider it likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests may otherwise be compromised.

If you are travelling on a fly cruise we recommend that all liquids are packed in your hold luggage to comply with airport and airline restrictions.

Should you wish to take wine or Champagne on board to consume in a restaurant, you will be subject to a $20* corkage charge.

Should you wish to take wine or champagne on board to celebrate an event, the number of bottles you may take on will be at the port authorities discretion.

(My emphasis)

My interpretation is "Don't be unreasonable."

Archived