Face Time?

reganr3

Hi can anyone tell me if you have used FaceTime successfully from your iPad? I know I will need to pay for the wireless service but I'm just curious to see if anyone has used it!

Thank you!!! :)

I haven't tried it, but if it works I'd be amazed; the internet onboard is notoriously slow.

You know, that has always been my experience as well. However... Last week on Liberty a friend from our roll call bought some internet minutes on the first day. He won the raffle for 500 free minutes. He graciously shared some of his free minutes with us. I tried changing my Facebook picture and it was really fast, so I said what the heck and uploaded all of my cruise pictures. (over 100 pics) It took about 10 minutes.

I was pleasantly surprised with the speed. Uploading pictures was an effort of futility last time I tried the onboard internet. (Also on Liberty - in 2009.) They must have upgraded.

• 11 months later...

I always purchase Internet time and have used FaceTime on my last 3 cruises....connection was very fast and didn't loose signal. Last 2 cruises I waS in an inside cabin on the Rivera deck!!!

I too am curious about this. I plan to buy the week long high speed plan while on Dream in May. Will check in to see if it worked.

Dream quit the unlimited high speed first of the year and went back to paying by the minute.....

The unlimited was quite popular on our cruise though. (probably too popluar to profit)

Bill

Dream quit the unlimited high speed first of the year and went back to paying by the minute.....

The unlimited was quite popular on our cruise though. (probably too popluar to profit)

Bill

Really? They got rid of the unlimited wireless? That really sucks. Makes no sense....

Really? They got rid of the unlimited wireless? That really sucks. Makes no sense....

Yeah like two cruises after ours, a review for the first or second cruise of this year, the poster was looking forward to the Unlimited high speed we had in December and he was told by the lady working the internet area that they had just switched back to internet by the minute.

I've seen a couple of other ships have people reporting Carnival going back from unlimited to by the minute also.

Somebody had speculated that on the biggest ships, maybe if too many folks bought the unlimted package and just left it on all the time, that it drug the bandwidth down for everyone. (I have no idea how that works with the satelite internet)

Good luck.

Hopefully they change back by your summer cruise.

Bill

Yeah like two cruises after ours, a review for the first or second cruise of this year, the poster was looking forward to the Unlimited high speed we had in December and he was told by the lady working the internet area that they had just switched back to internet by the minute.

I've seen a couple of other ships have people reporting Carnival going back from unlimited to by the minute also.

Somebody had speculated that on the biggest ships, maybe if too many folks bought the unlimted package and just left it on all the time, that it drug the bandwidth down for everyone. (I have no idea how that works with the satelite internet)

Good luck.

Hopefully they change back by your summer cruise.

Bill

Thx for the info., Bill. I guess I'll buy some sort of useable package. I will need it for a few things...we'l see how it works out.

Hi can anyone tell me if you have used FaceTime successfully from your iPad? I know I will need to pay for the wireless service but I'm just curious to see if anyone has used it!

Thank you!!! :)

It will work, late at night or very early in the morning.

Archived