Travel document question

MARK1970

We will be on the sky from miami to the bahamas in Sept and need clarification on documents needed. If I am reading correctly we just need a certified birth certificate and drivers license is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. However, if you need to fly back to Miami for any reason, you won't be allowed back into the country without your passport (at least not without some serious red tape....). Oh, and make sure your name on the driver's license matches the birth certificate....that could be an issue, too.

http://www.rushmypassport.com/blog/2009/03/do-you-need-a-passport-to-go-to-the-bahamas/

According to that site "Passengers on “closed-loop” cruises, cruises that begin and end in the same port in the United States, can use government-issued photo ID and a copy of their birth certificate."

However,

You probably should invest in one as cruising will become an addiction for sure! :p

Thanks for the replies one more question... My birth certificate is obviously in my birth name not my marrried name is that going to be a problem?

Some say yes... some say no. Do you have a copy of your marriage license? If so, I would bring it just in case. Given that my drivers license had the same last name as my husband, NCL didn't ask me for it. But, I had it with me anyway. Now we have passports... it's much easier.

My BC has different last name than on my DL, was married twice, widowed then divorced...I had no problems at all, all I took was DL and BC...being female, I would guess that they would think you had married. for a man, I don't know how they would handle that.

Archived