Quest - Interesting Comments on 3/26/12

BillC

While eating dinner on Boat Quay last night with 5 other fellow travelers last night we had quite a few laughs sharing some comments that we heard as we went through the last days of the cruise:

1) When offered an instant coffee one morning one person responded that "I don't drink that kind of coffee, go make me a special coffee". This was when we did not have power!

2) At our last pool party / BBQ one person told the waiter that "she did not drink wine out of a paper cup, go get me a glass". This is when we still did not have any hot water! I particularly enjoyed that morning's breakfast which was served in an aluminum pie plate. The food was delicious, just like Summer camp.

3) Another person demanded a china plate, and when advised by the waiter that they could not wash them because of no hot water, responded by saying "you have 2 hands, go wash them yourself"

4) On Saturday morning I asked for a Bloody Mary at the Pool Bar but was advised by the bartender that they could not serve alcohol since the engines were not working, "but I could have all the beer and wine that I wanted". Guess who did not have a Virgin Mary?

5) One person demanded that the Choice Air person stop everything that she was doing on Monday night (as we finally checked into the lovely Swisshotel) and book he, and his friends, air reservations to / from Bali, as well as a return to the US that included an overnight stay in China. He became very upset when she advised she could only book Choice Air.

Please add any things that you heard during this period that can bring us all a good laugh. The vast number of the passengers handled this situation very well, and by keeping their senses of humor it helped most of us have a great and memorable time. Can't wait to be back on Azamara in May for the British Isles in Bloom, followed by the White Nights.

While eating dinner on Boat Quay last night with 5 other fellow travelers last night we had quite a few laughs sharing some comments that we heard as we went through the last days of the cruise:

1) When offered an instant coffee one morning one person responded that "I don't drink that kind of coffee, go make me a special coffee". This was when we did not have power!

2) At our last pool party / BBQ one person told the waiter that "she did not drink wine out of a paper cup, go get me a glass". This is when we still did not have any hot water! I particularly enjoyed that morning's breakfast which was served in an aluminum pie plate. The food was delicious, just like Summer camp.

3) Another person demanded a china plate, and when advised by the waiter that they could not wash them because of no hot water, responded by saying "you have 2 hands, go wash them yourself"

4) On Saturday morning I asked for a Bloody Mary at the Pool Bar but was advised by the bartender that they could not serve alcohol since the engines were not working, "but I could have all the beer and wine that I wanted". Guess who did not have a Virgin Mary?

5) One person demanded that the Choice Air person stop everything that she was doing on Monday night (as we finally checked into the lovely Swisshotel) and book he, and his friends, air reservations to / from Bali, as well as a return to the US that included an overnight stay in China. He became very upset when she advised she could only book Choice Air.

Please add any things that you heard during this period that can bring us all a good laugh. The vast number of the passengers handled this situation very well, and by keeping their senses of humor it helped most of us have a great and memorable time. Can't wait to be back on Azamara in May for the British Isles in Bloom, followed by the White Nights.

Thanks for a great post..some forget we all breathe the same air...sad for them...happy for you that it sounds like you made the best out of a tough situation! Thanks for the reminder to look on the bright side...

Thanks for sharing the humour and glad you are safe and with another trip booked

Some people should have the offer of a further cruise withdrawn from them immediately given the behaviour displayed or comments made during the time the crew were working their little socks off!!

Bill - Thanks for sharing those comments. Fortunately, and I think yo would agree, those comments were few and far between. Most passengers accepted the situation and kept our expectations at a reasonable level.

My favorite funny comment was from Fabio the Executive chef. He has a grea personality and we had met him on the jewel of the Seas a year earlier. In the muster station I asked him what was on the menu for dinner tomorrow night. Without missing a beat he said "We gonna have smoked chicken, smoked fish and smoked beef!" We all needed a bit of levity right about then.

Nice meeting you and maybe we'll see you on the "reunion cruise". Marc

We were on the Quest a few months after it became Az, I booked Celebrity before the co. was started.

I don't think any of the pax were that stupid. Does that come with higher prices?

Is there any room in the MDR yet?

Hi Bill

Thank goodness I can't add anything to your list, everyone seemed to be taking our experience very well and the crew so wonderful that one must have been crazy to complain.

Hope you are enjoying the remainder of your time, in Bali?? where most of us have ended.

Hope to see you on the "reunion cruise"

Vera

Welcome home Bill.

It is incredible that people would ask for glassware and china plates in that situation.

Wine in paper cups brings me back to my high school and college days. ;) All fond memories.

Sorry we missed this cruise with you.....hopefully next August!

Lauri

Archived