Diver from Equinox missing in Cozumel

Bufferdoo

Just read in the Atlanta paper that a diver from the Atlanta area is missing after going on a dive trip. Equinox was docked in Cozumel March 28. They don't say if it was a private excursion or boat "sponsored". Air and search have not found her. Very sad.

Just read in the Atlanta paper that a diver from the Atlanta area is missing after going on a dive trip. Equinox was docked in Cozumel March 28. They don't say if it was a private excursion or boat "sponsored". Air and search have not found her. Very sad.

someone had posted that it was a relative of a co-worker back when it happened. another user responded that the equinox wasnt in cozumel that day and questioned the story (but it really was docked there) and the thread was removed-strange. very sad and my heart goes out to her family.

I just returned from the Equinox this morning and unfortunately, it is true. We were docked in Cozumel on 3/28. One of our dining companions was on the Celebrity dive trip in Cozumel and he confirmed that a lady did not surface from her dive. Very Very Sad.

My wife was on Jewel of the Seas, docked beside the Equinox when they were both in Cozumel and came home with the story of seeing rescue helicopters and divers searching for a missing diver from the Equinox. She mentioned seeing the other member of the couple, leave the ship with his luggage just prior to the Equinox leaving port. A terrible conclusion for a cruise vacation.:(

In Atlanta, it was a big news story the other day. Daughter of missing woman was interviewed. Said the current was very strong. The dive master purposely did not go to one area because of the current, but then went to the area where she had trouble. She signaled to her husband that she wanted to go back up. He turned to find the dive master to let him know. when he turned back, she was gone. He assumed she went up without him. When he got up and saw that she had not, he went back down. The theory is that the current pulled her down. They have not found her yet. husband did get off of the ship and stayed there for four days while they looked for her. Very, very sad. She was a nurse here in Atlanta.

I was on this sailing and was scuba diving as well, but opted to dive with a private dive company. We had a dive master for our family of 4 as the drift wall diving can be tricky and we were diving with 2 recently certified divers. We encountered strange currents this day, but were not diving at the Santa Rosa reef location. When we came up from our dive, we did see the helicopter flying further away from port from where we were diving (west I believe).

I am so very sorry to hear of Christina's passing and my thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends.

another diver drowned . Just heard on the news this morning . A 59 year old Canadian man was scuba diving with his wife and kids . The current took him , he managed to get to the rocks and then another wave came and he was gone

Archived