Trans Atlantic internet

We are traveling on the AOS from SJ to Malaga in 7, yes 7 days!!! My DW is wondering if the ship borad computer foir the passengers to use can still send e-mails while on the 6 days at sea portion of the trip. Any thoughts?? :p :mad: ;) :D :eek:

We are traveling on the AOS from SJ to Malaga in 7, yes 7 days!!! My DW is wondering if the ship borad computer foir the passengers to use can still send e-mails while on the 6 days at sea portion of the trip. Any thoughts?? :p :mad: ;) :D :eek:

Yes, from my experience the internet on Transatlantic sailings has been fairly reliable. At least as reliable as in other parts of the world. ;)

I had a $30 dollar credit left in my accout because the lines were up and down, I bought a $75 pkg for two weeks. :rolleyes: I never went to get a refund because the lines were just that long. :eek: so, yes Internet is accessible buti would not advise a large pkg.

It so happened that while on a transat on the Adventure, I had a few tax filing deadlines for my business which I needed to complete online. It took me a while because of the speed (or lack of), but never during my 4 hour session did I get disconnected.

Oh, and yes, I used their computer room and their printers. Prepare yourself mentally to go back to Windows 95 or 2000 I think it was (as of late 2010).

We think the whole computer setup on Royal is rubbish and are sick of complaining about it.

We too are on this cruise and will use our free internet coupons but without much hope of a good service!

We are on this cruise too, I am going to check out at guest relations about the internet coupons, on the Oasis back in October we got told that you can now only use the coupons towards the price of a package which due to the speed and availability I just didnt want to do. Hoping that it was just duff advice and this ship will let me use them, just 8 days to go!!

We are on this cruise too, I am going to check out at guest relations about the internet coupons, on the Oasis back in October we got told that you can now only use the coupons towards the price of a package which due to the speed and availability I just didnt want to do. Hoping that it was just duff advice and this ship will let me use them, just 8 days to go!!

I was on the Mariner in January and I used the coupon and did not buy a package. I think it was for 30 minutes. I am Diamond+ so maybe that is the difference if you aren't.

We were Emerald and used them 2 weeks ago for the free minutes. They asked us which one we wanted...the minutes or the % discount.

I found wifi to be quicker than the horrible computers they have onboard.

Some technical people onboard have said that the wifi is faster because it uses and different system/server than the computers in the internet center.

Archived