Video of my Equinox Penthouse and adjoining suites

xxjs

Such a fun and lighthearted blog! Well written down to the last wonderful line "While you're on the cruise, you're a part of it. Once you leave, it becomes a part of you." I'll have to remember that one... :D THANK YOU for sharing.

Thank you very much! This is just one video/post, I have many more soon to come including my cruises in the penthouses onboard Celebrity's Constellation, NCL Jewel, and the Queen Mary 2. Here is the video of my Queen Mary 2 Penthouse and adjoining suites!

Great video! Great blog.

One question. We are booked on Equinox for this same trip at the end of the month. I may have missed but don't think so...what side of the ship were your suites on, port or starboard? Or if you have the same problem I do with that can you give out one of the suite numbers? I ask because I want to be sure we are on the right side of the ship to see the Istanbul skyline while we are docked there of a day and a half. Thanks for your help. You are indeed lucky to be able to travel in this fashion....:)

HI Gracie115, best guess is that they were in the starboard suites. When he is walking from the angled section of the PH where the hot tub is all the way down to the two RS's the water was on his right, suites on the left. That's the way it looks on the deck plan.

Thank you very much! This is just one video/post, I have many more soon to come including my cruises in the penthouses onboard Celebrity's Constellation, NCL Jewel, and the Queen Mary 2. Here is the video of my Queen Mary 2 Penthouse and adjoining suites!

GREAT video! I had the honor of being able to tour the Balmoral Suite and Windsor Suite when I was on the Queen Mary 2 in early 2004 right after she entered service. Those suites are amazing but by the looks of your video I much prefer the layout and privacy of the Celebrity Equinox PH.

Thank you all for the kind remarks, I am so glad that you enjoyed it! I believe the ship was the starboard side. My family and I will be traveling in similar fashion this June aboard Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. We wanted to try one of these huge boats for a change. Hopefully you all will get a chance to see my post/video about that cruise and if any of you are going to be on it, definitely let me know because I would love to give you a tour of our suites! Happy Easter!

Thanks for such an informative, witty, and entertaining account of you trip and awesome accomodations. You have a real talent, and I look forward to reading about your other adventures. Please post a link when your blog is updated!

GREAT video! I had the honor of being able to tour the Balmoral Suite and Windsor Suite when I was on the Queen Mary 2 in early 2004 right after she entered service. Those suites are amazing but by the looks of your video I much prefer the layout and privacy of the Celebrity Equinox PH.

Yes, you are right, we enjoyed the layout and privacy of the Celebrity Equinox suites. The QM2 suites, while very elegant, were not comfortable nor were they private. The decks look out onto the pool one floor below. Being only one floor above the pool, people can see easily into your room and eating on your deck is a little bit awkward with everyone looking at you. My guess is that since the QM2 is built to do transatlantic passages whereas Celebrity boats are not, their balconies can't be outward facing. While we preferred the Equinox penthouse to the QM2, our favorite penthouse of all time is aboard the Celebrity Constellation. It is the whole back corner of the boat so you have more privacy and a 270 degree view, compared to the 180 degree view aboard Equinox. The living area is also very elegant and the balcony is very large and built for entertaining. I will post pictures/video/description of that cruise very soon. Moreover, we actually enjoyed the NCL Jewel Garden Villa more than QM2 penthouse but less than the two Celebrity penthouses.

Excellent Video’s!

There aren't many videos out there about the suites and not as well done! So Thank you!

I will be on the Celebrity Constellation next year. We have the penthouse and adjoining sky suite booked, would love to see your video.

Joanne

Great Video - I really enjoyed seeing the suites. I will be taking my family on a cruise similar to yours in the Eastern Mediterranean this June on the Equinox (slightly different itinerary - we don't go to Istanbul). I have a son and a daughter in their 20s, and I am a little nervous that there may not be many their age. What was your experience during your cruise? Thanks

Alimack,

To see a description of the nightlife onboard, read my blog that is attached to the original post in this thread. I cover it pretty well but if, after reading it, you still have questions I would love to answer them.

...our favorite penthouse of all time is aboard the Celebrity Constellation.

On my 10-nt back-to-back cruise last year on Celebrity Millennnium one of our Roll Call members had a Penthouse Suite and she graciously invited me over for a tour. It was very nice as was the enormous outdoor deck space. As I travel mostly as a single (and don't really 'entertain') it would be way too much space for me. The largest room I've ever had aboard a cruise ship was a SkySuite on the Celebrity Galaxy (now with TUI Cruises of Germany). Even then that size of a suite was just too much for one person. Since then I either try and take a regular balcony stateroom or even an inside cabin is fine.

I saw your video on Youtube many months ago and remember thinking how lucky you were to be staying in that suite. WOW!

Now, I have not been on the Allure, but have been on the Equinox. I'd take it any day over the larger Oasis class ship.

To answer your questions, I'd bet that the food is better on the Equinox, the nightlife better on the Oasis, but the crowd...hands down the Equinox for a smaller crowd. You'll have fun whichever you sail! ;)

Archived