Norwegian Epic - Cirque Dreams & Dinner

Hello again,

We are sailing on the Epic in June 2012 on a Med.cruise - question is..........has the meal in the cirque improved? Only we were on in inaugral cruise in June, 2010 to New York and the meal then wasn't up to much to say the least........is it worth paying to see the show if the meal still isn't up to much?..........this time I may be able to appreciate the show, as the first time I couldn't get my head around the story - the acrobatics were good though.

I can't answer your question, but we are booked on the Epic 27 May and plan to do the Cirque Dinner Show.

I guess we have to wait until 30 days before the cruise to book shows?

We still don't know what shows are our options, except Cirque and the Blue Man Group.

If you are only seeing the show for teh food, then dont go. I saw the show with the "revised" meal and it was ok. Not the best but certainly not bad. I would say average.

But the show blows you away. I am always surprised how people complain about the food at the show. If you hate the food, dont eat it and grab something before or after the show.

If you are only seeing the show for teh food, then dont go. I saw the show with the "revised" meal and it was ok. Not the best but certainly not bad. I would say average.

But the show blows you away. I am always surprised how people complain about the food at the show. If you hate the food, dont eat it and grab something before or after the show.

It's O.K. to say don't eat the food - get something before or after - that's beside the point.....they would be better serving an "all day breakfast" if the menu is still not that good!!!!!!!!!

They've improved the show, less talking, and they've improved the meal. I've sailed on her three times, so I can comment from experience. Outside of the food, I don't know anywhere you can see a show of that quality, that close, I was brought to tears... One of the couples who perform acrobatics are married and I could really feel their connection. We sat up top (below last time) and we were 10 feet from them while they were 15 feet in the air! They were just remarkable as we're ALL the acts in the show. Def. a highlight :-) I will say this, sitting below is better - we were right next to the performers.

The DH and I loved the show! The close seats we had on the Epic would not have happened in Vegas. We had floor seats right next to the performers. I have to admit there was so much going on I could care less about the food as we paid far more for tickets in Vegas without food. The best part was I actually got to take part in the performance! It was my birthday and what a birthday it was!

Just got back yesterday- and am a REALLY picky eater, so I was not a huge fan of the food, BUT, the show was awesome and I am so glad we didn't skip it! My husband and son and a friend all played the "Eating at Grandma's" game with the appetizer where you try and make your plate look like it had been eaten from, but the main course was a breaded coconut shrimp/filet combo with a twice baked potato- and the steak was very good! It's small, so if you're like me and that was the only thing you liked, you can always head to O'Sheehans afterward. Dessert was a sampler plate of a few different bite size portions-I wouldn't recommend skipping such a great show just b/c you're worried about the food! Another tip- if you can't sit very close on the bottom, take the balcony seats- they were phenomenal and there will never be anyone in front of you unless they are flying through the air on the trapeze!! Great show!

Just got back yesterday- and am a REALLY picky eater, so I was not a huge fan of the food, BUT, the show was awesome and I am so glad we didn't skip it! My husband and son and a friend all played the "Eating at Grandma's" game with the appetizer where you try and make your plate look like it had been eaten from, but the main course was a breaded coconut shrimp/filet combo with a twice baked potato- and the steak was very good! It's small, so if you're like me and that was the only thing you liked, you can always head to O'Sheehans afterward. Dessert was a sampler plate of a few different bite size portions-I wouldn't recommend skipping such a great show just b/c you're worried about the food! Another tip- if you can't sit very close on the bottom, take the balcony seats- they were phenomenal and there will never be anyone in front of you unless they are flying through the air on the trapeze!! Great show!

I agree. They could have served franks & beans and it's still worth seeing the show.

Archived