Rhapsody of the seas upgraded! Please tell all the new stuff!

We will wait patiently for your return visit to upload some pictures! Thanks! The new rooms that were added made my room number change so I had to call RCCL to have them "redo" my room number. You might want to check if you are aft of the midship area on the port and starboard sides.....rooms were added midship.

Lou

We have checked our room and it hasn't changed, thankfully! We have gone for a low mid ship cabin... bit worried about possible bad weather crossing the pacific to Hawaii.

Hi there...I will also be boarding Rhapsody on Friday...so very keen to see the new -look !!! .....I am surprised there has not been anything shared on CC yet from the passengers cruising on her now....guess we are just going to have to wait till Friday....so excited.....I am sure the Pacific crossing will be fine ...I did the same on the Dawn Princess April last year and was really very easy to take.....so being mid ship and low you will be fine...

Cheers

Jenny

Sailing Soon:

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2012 Sydney to Hawaii

Rhapsody of the Seas 12days 2012 Hawaii to Vancouver

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Allure of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Carnival Splendour 7days 2012 Mex Riviera

Voyager of the Seas 19days 2013 Sydney Fremantle

Voyager of the Seas 12days 2013 Fremantle Singapore

Carnival Spirit 7days 2013 Pacific Islands

Previous Sails:

Radiance of the Seas 14days 2011 New Zealand

Rhapsody of the Seas 3days 2011 Sydney

Dawn Princess 35days 2011 Pacific & Hawaii

Radiance Of the seas 14days 2011 Alaska

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2010 Caribbean

Legend of the Seas 7days 2010 Japan & China

Rhapsody of the Seas 7days 2010 Nth Australia

Dawn Princess 35days 2009 Dubaii to Sydney

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2009 Circ Nav Australia Top

Rhapsody of the Seas 15days 2009 Circ Nav Australia & New Zealand

Hi there...I will also be boarding Rhapsody on Friday...so very keen to see the new -look !!! .....I am surprised there has not been anything shared on CC yet from the passengers cruising on her now....guess we are just going to have to wait till Friday....so excited.....I am sure the Pacific crossing will be fine ...I did the same on the Dawn Princess April last year and was really very easy to take.....so being mid ship and low you will be fine...

Cheers

Jenny

Sailing Soon:

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2012 Sydney to Hawaii

Rhapsody of the Seas 12days 2012 Hawaii to Vancouver

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Allure of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Carnival Splendour 7days 2012 Mex Riviera

Voyager of the Seas 19days 2013 Sydney Fremantle

Voyager of the Seas 12days 2013 Fremantle Singapore

Carnival Spirit 7days 2013 Pacific Islands

Previous Sails:

Radiance of the Seas 14days 2011 New Zealand

Rhapsody of the Seas 3days 2011 Sydney

Dawn Princess 35days 2011 Pacific & Hawaii

Radiance Of the seas 14days 2011 Alaska

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2010 Caribbean

Legend of the Seas 7days 2010 Japan & China

Rhapsody of the Seas 7days 2010 Nth Australia

Dawn Princess 35days 2009 Dubaii to Sydney

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2009 Circ Nav Australia Top

Rhapsody of the Seas 15days 2009 Circ Nav Australia & New Zealand

Hi Jenny

Have a great holiday , we are going on a cruise in Sept Hawaii to Sydney we have a new Room also. Was the Card Room Deck 7 , can`t wait to see your pictures ,

Our first ship also. I hope they have not removed the little babbling brook under the stairs in the Centrum....I loved that little water feature:

35854er.jpg

That was one of my favorite spots too! The sculpture suspended above is somewhat strange to me though. DH and I would speculate as to what they were represtenting with it. Galaxy and space moving?? Floating through time, space, or life??:)

We have checked our room and it hasn't changed, thankfully! We have gone for a low mid ship cabin... bit worried about possible bad weather crossing the pacific to Hawaii.

I would LOVE to do that trip! Hope it's smooth for you.

I'll be on Rhapsody in 31 days!

My husband and I will be sailing on Rhapsody with our 8 month old daughter in July. We are really curious to hear about the new Royal Tots Nursery they just added, so if anyone has a chance to check that out and report back, we would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Our first ship also. I hope they have not removed the little babbling brook under the stairs in the Centrum....I loved that little water feature:

35854er.jpg

Us too!! Great spot to relax with a froo froo drink!!

Nice to see a pic of you and put a face to a name!! :)

I am keeping an eye on Rhapsody Alaska cruises for a smoking deal.....would love to see all the upgrades on one of our favorite ships.

Us too!! Great spot to relax with a froo froo drink!!

Nice to see a pic of you and put a face to a name!! :)

I am keeping an eye on Rhapsody Alaska cruises for a smoking deal.....would love to see all the upgrades on one of our favorite ships.

Ha! That was quite a while ago!!;)

That was one of my favorite spots too! The sculpture suspended above is somewhat strange to me though. DH and I would speculate as to what they were represtenting with it. Galaxy and space moving?? Floating through time, space, or life??:)

I have it on good authority that the sculpture is gone. They stripped it out & threw it in the trash. :eek: All this to make way for the new "Centrum WOW" curtain dancers. Hmm... somehow I'm not convinced this was one RCI's brightest moves. We'll see.

I can't be definitive on the waterfall but I'm fairly confident (98%) that it's gone too. :(

Yeah, I figured. They've been moving away from the water features in the last few years it seems. Maybe too much maintenence. I asked the bartender at the Mariner WJ bar that had the water wall behind the bar why it wasn't running and he didn't even know it was a water feature! I have a video of it running. I really had to convince him it was there. But I guess it was just too time intensive to care for. I've noticed that many ships that had water, i.e. the aquarium in Voyager's Aquarium Bar, etc. Both Mariner and Voyager no longer run the lion head water spouts in Solarium Pool. Just a shame as these features sure cost a lot to build.:( I guess you can tell, I'm a water baby!

Yeah, I figured. They've been moving away from the water features in the last few years it seems. Maybe too much maintenence. I asked the bartender at the Mariner WJ bar that had the water wall behind the bar why it wasn't running and he didn't even know it was a water feature! I have a video of it running. I really had to convince him it was there. But I guess it was just too time intensive to care for. I've noticed that many ships that had water, i.e. the aquarium in Voyager's Aquarium Bar, etc. Both Mariner and Voyager no longer run the lion head water spouts in Solarium Pool. Just a shame as these features sure cost a lot to build.:( I guess you can tell, I'm a water baby!

From what i remember about the aquarium bar at the first version of the Voyager Class was that there was some sort of disease in those aquariums so it wasn't profitable to use them anymore.

My husband and I will be sailing on Rhapsody with our 8 month old daughter in July. We are really curious to hear about the new Royal Tots Nursery they just added, so if anyone has a chance to check that out and report back, we would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

We use the kids area on every cruise (though our daughter is too old for the RT Nursery, she's 4.5) but I'll try to take photos for you! :)

Yes my cabin became 8596 instead of 8588....you can go online and see the deck plans...go to the ships pick Rhapsody and see deck plans....note the dates....I would think all the dates now have new numbers though since she is sailing with them. Yes all aft on outside got changed so worth a check and a call if needed. This happened when the Enchantment got stretched. Figure they just "change" your cabin number you don't actually move however....assuming doesn't always work does it?

Lou

Archived