1388 on the Adventure or 1604 on the Brilliance

Help!! I am planning a Southern Caribbean cruise in January for DH and my annual late Christmas gift to each other. I have both of these cabins on courtesy hold until tomorrow afternoon, but I just can't seem to choose between the two ships and itineraries.

At little background info:

- DH and I are in our late 20s, no children. We will likely be sailing with another couple of the same age.

- We have never done a Southern Caribbean cruise before and the only port we've previous been to on either itinerary is St Thomas.

- The aesthetics of the ship are important to us. I have read that the Adventure is in need of a dry dock and I am a little concerned about the more dated decor.

Any advice to help me in my decision is appreciated.

Aft cabins on Voyager class ships (Adventure) are not the same as on Radiance class ships. There are a lot of beams crisscrossing your view, and the lower deck juts pretty far out, so you don't look straight at the sea. In my opinion, it's a lot of obstruction and it's like overlooking a construction zone. On 1388, there's a beam in particular that comes pretty low across the balcony (my husband hit is head on it).

So, I think the Brilliance aft cabin is much better.

You'll have a great time either way. I've got pics of 1688 on Voyager (mirror image cabin) in my sig - might give you some ideas about the room. We did southern on Serenade and LOVED it. I've found that even with little ones, I prefer the Radiance class, but wouldn't hesitate to book again on a Voyager class if the price/itinerary were better. Since the southern cruise is so port-intensive, the features on the ship won't matter as much, as you won't be on the ship much to use them anyway.

Good luck!

I know I am in the minority but I will take a Voyager class ship any day of the week over Radiance class ships , and those afts cabins are great on the Voyager class. We have that exact cabin booked for April 2013. Yea I have have read some things on the AOS have taken most of them with a grain of salt ,its not like she's falling apart. I have read a lot of good things as well. Either way Southern caribbean cruises are the best.

Here are two video's of 1388 on Adventure. Please note the "Pole" at the foot of the bed..........

video of the cabin 1388 on Adventure.

video of the balcony 1388 on Adventure.

And of course, our own Bonnie Voyager's Compiled photosof Voyager-class ships aft cabins

Here is the aft balconies on Radiance which is a twin to Brilliance.....

Radiancestern.jpg

Archived