Zip lining at Treetop Adventures ???

Marylandteachergirl

I have read through all the threads on zip lining, and think we have narrowed choice down to Treetop. Currently, Royal Caribbean's site is down (at least from my computer), and I am wondering if there are opinions regarding booking directly with Treetop (Palm Services), with Serenity, or directly through the ship. All are pretty close in price. Do the private companies (Treetop and Serenity) tend to arrive before the cruise crowd excursion hits? The Treetop one can be combined with a Waterfall Hike, and I think the Serenity includes some sightseeing. Not cruising until November, but need to get something booked. This is the only island I am very undecided on! Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated and welcomed. Thanks so much!

Personally - and this is only personal opinion - you should actually do the ziplines at Morne Coubaril in Soufriere. While they are the shortest lines of the 3 parks in St. Lucia - the scenery is stunning - you are ziplining while soaring past the Pitons - stunning! You could go early and then have the afternoon for some waterfalls or volcano tour in Soufriere also, or beach time between the Pitons. The scenery of Soufriere and the Piton peaks are iconic of St. Lucia - simply amazingly beautiful and it would be a shame to only be here one time and not see them. They are what St. Lucia is famous for. While at MC, you can also do a plantation tour and they serve an excellent local lunch.

That said - if ziplining is what you must do and you are deciding between using a tour company or booking on your own - book on your own and save a few bucks! Treetops does provide transportation for something like $14US pp and the drive down to the park is like a mini-tour of the East coast of the island. The waterfall hike and swim is beautiful too. If you go direct with Treetops, you could arrive before other guests- keep in mind though, we are only talking about small groups of people (10 or so at a time) , not mobs no matter who you book with.

I think Serenity goes to the zipline park in the north, Ranforst Skyrides, where there are the lines and also the arial tram ride over the rainforest. Serenity is a tour operator - so they are charging you above and beyond the cost of the actual tour. Keep that in mind.

So - up to you what you want to do. Personally, with one day in St. Lucia, I would go down the West Coast and see the Pitons - what the island is famous for after all!!!

Enjoy whichever you choose!

also - for the Treetop Adventure park, check out the following thread for pictures and more info. Enjoy. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1537870

If that's the case, then I would definitely recommend Treetops on the East Coast with both the ziplines and waterfall hike - you will see the other side of the island and also have a great time at the zipline course, etc. I am 98% they do provide transport for a very smal extra charge - definitely contact them yourself to find out.

Enjoy your visit!

I just got back from St Lucia and did the Treetop zipline and challenge course. I booked directly through the company because RCI cancelled their excursion 2 weeks prior to sailing! It was very easy, they picked us up at the pier and transported us in a nice air conditioned van to the location. There is a guide that gives you information on the island on the ride over. The zipline was a blast! :D

Archived