Live from Ruby Princess 4/8

Jilliebean28

Just a quick hello from the beautiful Ruby Princess! We just left Princess Cay and are having a wonderful trip. This is our first time on Princess and we are very happy! We have a Vista Suite and love it.....last night there was a little rocking and rolling but nothing that bothered me too much. Staff have been wonderful. We have late dining in the Botticelli and last nights dinner was good....not great. They were late getting the first seating out of the dining room so we were late getting in and missed the show last night. Today we had a Sanctuary bungalow and honestly we will not do that again....nothing special. We did sign up for Sanctuary area here on the ship and are really enjoying that...something we will definitely do again.

We were just notified that we were selected for Chefs Table so I am really looking forward to that.

I will try to update as I can.....

Just a quick hello from the beautiful Ruby Princess! We just left Princess Cay and are having a wonderful trip. This is our first time on Princess and we are very happy! We have a Vista Suite and love it.....last night there was a little rocking and rolling but nothing that bothered me too much.

We got off the Ruby yesterday! While onboard, we booked a Future Cruisew for spring break next year and will be in a Vista Suite on the Crown - I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on it. (We've never had an aft facing cabin/suite before!) Have a great week!

We reserved a bungalow on PC. Not the Sanctuary, but the regular ones out in front. I hope it's not a waste of money. Mostly got it for the A/C and shower, plus the floatie mats. There will be four of us using it, so maybe we'll order the lunch as well, not sure yet though. I'm surprising the other three with it, but i'm not paying for lunch as well!! :)

Just a quick hello from the beautiful Ruby Princess! We just left Princess Cay and are having a wonderful trip. This is our first time on Princess and we are very happy! We have a Vista Suite and love it.....last night there was a little rocking and rolling but nothing that bothered me too much. Staff have been wonderful. We have late dining in the Botticelli and last nights dinner was good....not great. They were late getting the first seating out of the dining room so we were late getting in and missed the show last night. Today we had a Sanctuary bungalow and honestly we will not do that again....nothing special. We did sign up for Sanctuary area here on the ship and are really enjoying that...something we will definitely do again.

We were just notified that we were selected for Chefs Table so I am really looking forward to that.

My daughter Kari is in room R233 on the Riviera deck. Say hello. Enjoy your trip

How do you get selected for Chefs Table? We're coming on the Ruby 4/15..first time on Princess..excited!! :D

How do you get selected for Chefs Table? We're coming on the Ruby 4/15..first time on Princess..excited!! :D

You need to sign up for it ASAP after boarding (call the DINE line from your cabin, speak to a headwaiter at a restaurant).

If more people sign up than can be seated, one of the methods is usually used to select the participants:

o The first people to sign up are invited

o Participants' names are drawn at random

You need to sign up for it ASAP after boarding (call the DINE line from your cabin, speak to a headwaiter at a restaurant).

If more people sign up than can be seated, one of the methods is usually used to select the participants:

Thanks!! :D

how many people actually sit at the table? If there's only two of us, will they sit us alone or with another group?

Hi! Do you know if there is a waffle bar? We are going to be on the ruby this October and were just wondering.

Small waffles are available at breakfast on all Princess ships. In most cases it will be in the buffet area. If you do not see them, ask.

Hi! Do you know if there is a waffle bar? We are going to be on the ruby this October and were just wondering.

We were on the Ruby April 1-8 and there were *delicious* made to order Belgian waffled at the Trident Grill a few mornings that were delicious! We hadn't noticed them before! They had various breakfast sandwiched and made to order omelettes as well.

Have you tried the Sanctuary? Is it true that you can no longer reserve the lounges for the week at the beginning of the cruise?

we were able to reserve the entire week during our cruise last week on the Ruby on the first day.

Sorry about no further postings from me while we were "live" on the Ruby but we were so busy and having so much fun that I never again got around to continuing. I did take notes and will do a trip report once I get the mountain of laundry done!! We had a great time!

Quickly, we did book Sanctuary for the whole week for $120.00/pp and were very glad we did. It was so worth it. We also were chosen to go to Chef's Table....wow!!! Great experience, great food (you better like seafood because there was a lot of it) and wines. A really incredible experience. There were actually two groups....our group was a table of 12. I called immediately upon boarding and was told that I was the first to sign up....do not hesitate as we were told there was a waiting list of over 50 people!

Archived