How to coordinate booking?

Ok so this is my first cruise I will be booking. We have a couple that are emerald level cruisers going with us. I am not sure what time of day the actual cruises are released (just after midnight/7am or what?).

My first call will be to the other couple to confirm dates of cruise choice.

After that I am not sure what to do.

I have been talking with a travel agent, but depending on what time of day the cruise is released I may not be able to get her as fast as calling RCCL directly. (I was hoping to go via TA to get some perks).

I really want my first choice of room if I can get it.

Suggestions?

Ok so this is my first cruise I will be booking. We have a couple that are emerald level cruisers going with us. I am not sure what time of day the actual cruises are released (just after midnight/7am or what?).

My first call will be to the other couple to confirm dates of cruise choice.

After that I am not sure what to do.

I have been talking with a travel agent, but depending on what time of day the cruise is released I may not be able to get her as fast as calling RCCL directly. (I was hoping to go via TA to get some perks).

I really want my first choice of room if I can get it.

Suggestions?

If you have a room in mind and it's there I would grab it online. You can do a 24 hour courtesy hold then work with your TA and other travelers to let them know what you have in mind. You can transfer the booking after the fact if you need to. When we go with a group we try to get everyone throgh the same TA and each couple will give their preferences and she'll shoot back a few options. She then also coordinates our dining arrangements. And, of course, wishes us all well with her OBC's.;)

Thanks that was the type of advice I needed. Didn't know you could do a 24hr courtesy hold.

I was hoping to receive a perk from the TA :)

Good luck with the 24 hour hold when the books open..I ran into a problem recently when RCI opened Alaska..The hold wouldn't go through to a booking #..I tried it twice then just called RCI directly...24 hours later I got an e-mail from RCI that my "2" courtesy holds had expired..Good luck :)

Just call on the phone and book...you can do a courtesy hold, or go ahead and make your downpayment on the cabin of your choice. Much easier than the online thing.

The other couple can do the same.....decide on the area you'd like to book (if being close by is important to you) and just make your own arrangements. Once you have a booking number, you can "link" them, so you'll be seated together at dinner.

Archived