Aqua Class

palomino2424

I have booked two cabins on Equinox sailing 3 August this year - one is for me, husband, daughter 1 (we booked deluxe balcony) - the other cabin is in Aqua Class for my father and daughter 2 (13 years old) - my question being my daughter 2 will not be able to make use of the spa facilities in her Aqua class, would I be able to go in her place?:D

Any thoughts please

Can't answer your question, but are you aware that you will be assigned to eat in different restaurants. The Aqua passengers will be assigned to Blu, and you will not be allowed to eat in there, as you will be in the MDR.

Richard

Assuming that you want to dine together, rebook that Aqua class cabin. Book a non aqua cabin. Then you can reserve a table together. Otherwise, you will not be together. If that is not available, call Celebrity and explain that you would like to dine together. They may be able to allow the Aqua class to be in the MDR with you. Good luck.

Aqua Class passengers can make arrangements to dine in the MDR, but non Aqua-Class passengers (other than those in suites) can't dine in BLU. You have another option. If you want the features of Aqua Class, why not re-arrange the booking -- put your husband and the two children in one room, you and your father in the Aqua Class room. Either way, you'll all be dining in the MDR if you want to eat together as a group.

Aqua Class passengers can make arrangements to dine in the MDR, but non Aqua-Class passengers (other than those in suites) can't dine in BLU. You have another option. If you want the features of Aqua Class, why not re-arrange the booking -- put your husband and the two children in one room, you and your father in the Aqua Class room. Either way, you'll all be dining in the MDR if you want to eat together as a group.

Let me see if I have got this correct :D I rebook myself and my dad in Aqua Class meaning I can use the spa facilities too and book my husband and 2 kids in the normal cabin. The only problem being I will prob get slightly confused with the onbard passes because my pass will allow entry into the Aqua class cabin that I won't be sleeping in and my daugher's pass will allow her entry into the normal cabin when she will be sleeping in the Aqua room (the reason why I am not sleeping with my beloved father is that he snores louder than a foghorn!:eek:) and I sleep very lightly. I assume as stated above my father can eat with us in the MDR if he wants but I know that we can't eat with him in Blu :(.

Personally I wuld not waste my money booking AQ if I were not eating in Blu--being able to use the lounge facilities is just not a big deal, especially if you have two kids to entertain. We liked the big chairs in the quiet room, but found it TOO quiet and enjoyed finding a nice place up on deck where we could read, watch the world go by, ask for a drink, etc. It's not like you're missing out on free spa treatments, etc.

However, if you really feel you need to do this, you CAN go to Guest Relations and get whatever keys you need for your family.

Let me see if I have got this correct :D I rebook myself and my dad in Aqua Class meaning I can use the spa facilities too and book my husband and 2 kids in the normal cabin. The only problem being I will prob get slightly confused with the onbard passes because my pass will allow entry into the Aqua class cabin that I won't be sleeping in and my daugher's pass will allow her entry into the normal cabin when she will be sleeping in the Aqua room (the reason why I am not sleeping with my beloved father is that he snores louder than a foghorn!:eek:) and I sleep very lightly. I assume as stated above my father can eat with us in the MDR if he wants but I know that we can't eat with him in Blu :(.

Another question to ask is what spa facilities are you looking for. Just because you are in AQ does not mean that the facilities are free, they are not except for the Persian Gardens and I would never book an AQ cabin for that. The main reason most book AQ cabins is to have access to Blu, that is its major benefit. I don't know if you used a TA but I would suggest you do a little more research. I certainly would not want to book an AQ cabin and not eat in Blu.

When you board ask for an extra key for both rooms. This will allow your daughter to be with your dad and you to be with your hubby. The extra key do not allow you to spend money. This way you have the AQ key for the lounge and your daughter can sleep in granpa's room but can get into your room if she needs to for any reason (ie babysit the other child?).

Another question to ask is what spa facilities are you looking for. Just because you are in AQ does not mean that the facilities are free, they are not except for the Persian Gardens and I would never book an AQ cabin for that. The main reason most book AQ cabins is to have access to Blu, that is its major benefit. I don't know if you used a TA but I would suggest you do a little more research. I certainly would not want to book an AQ cabin and not eat in Blu.

The problem is my father has an obsession with the Spa area and he will not be leaving the ship at ports - so he will get alot of use up there and he loves peace and quiet plus he is adamant he wants Aqua! - he probably will eat in Blu (am hoping he meets some other people to dine with there) and then me, husband and 2 kids can eat in MDR. I didn't realise you could get extra keys for each room - so that sorts out the problem for me plus I can go up to the Spa area and relax away from husband and kids whenever I want - sounds like a perfect holiday to me :D

Thank you for all your replies

The problem is my father has an obsession with the Spa area and he will not be leaving the ship at ports - so he will get alot of use up there and he loves peace and quiet plus he is adamant he wants Aqua! - he probably will eat in Blu (am hoping he meets some other people to dine with there) and then me, husband and 2 kids can eat in MDR. I didn't realise you could get extra keys for each room - so that sorts out the problem for me plus I can go up to the Spa area and relax away from husband and kids whenever I want - sounds like a perfect holiday to me :D

Perfect. Enjoy your cruise and those heated tile loungers!

Dawn

The point I was trying to make was that he can get just about as much time in the spa with a regular cabin as he will with a regular cabin. Other than Persian Gardens, everything else he will have to pay for just like the other passengers on the ship. I really don't understand what you think the spa is that you will just go up there and hang out, doesn't work that way.

The other point is for the spa you will have to make an appointment and pay for it...

The point I was trying to make was that he can get just about as much time in the spa with a regular cabin as he will with a regular cabin. Other than Persian Gardens, everything else he will have to pay for just like the other passengers on the ship. I really don't understand what you think the spa is that you will just go up there and hang out, doesn't work that way.

The other point is for the spa you will have to make an appointment and pay for it...

He also has access to the saunas and steam rooms and the relaxation lounge. Perhaps he just wants his own little tranquil oasis...I'm booked in AQ this June and am not a huge spa person but looking forward to trying out the areas I mentioned. He could spend all day in there if he wants.

He also has access to the saunas and steam rooms and the relaxation lounge. Perhaps he just wants his own little tranquil oasis...I'm booked in AQ this June and am not a huge spa person but looking forward to trying out the areas I mentioned. He could spend all day in there if he wants.

That is exactly what my dad will use the spa for - he hates treatments anyway - as long as there is sauna, steam and relaxation thats ALL he needs oh and a few people to talk to and drive mad :)

Well, I BELIEVE the sauna is open to everyone at no charge. The only thing he"d be getting is the relaxation room, which is supposed to be a quiet space, thus no yakking with folks. I think he would love the Solarium, which is free to all, has a lovely indoor pool and hot tubs, a really great adult area. Also the home of Aqua Spa cafe for a healthful brekkie and lunch. AQ class just isn't going to get you much of what you're looking for, I'm afraid.

Well, I BELIEVE the sauna is open to everyone at no charge. The only thing he"d be getting is the relaxation room, which is supposed to be a quiet space, thus no yakking with folks. I think he would love the Solarium, which is free to all, has a lovely indoor pool and hot tubs, a really great adult area. Also the home of Aqua Spa cafe for a healthful brekkie and lunch. AQ class just isn't going to get you much of what you're looking for, I'm afraid.

Agree, my favorite space is the Solarium and it is open to everyone but kids.

Agree, my favorite space is the Solarium and it is open to everyone but kids.

Also, just to inform, the relaxation room is the waiting area for those with Spa appointments and is supposed to be for AQ patrons and those with appointments only. I found on my two trips in AQ is that they don't enforce that and also don't enforce the quiet rule.

I just think the OP is spending a lot of money for something that she doesn't realize she is getting for free and is available to anyone on the ship. I have also read the one complaint about Blu is that it is not really comfortable for those who are traveling solo. Its her money, just trying to give the facts...

Archived