Post-cruise reward

suometar

My PCC just called and told me about a new program that NCL has instituted. It is similar to the cruise reward that you purchase onboard, but this reward you can buy within 45 days of returning from your cruise. It costs $250, and you will get a $75 OBC towards your next cruise. It is valid for four years and the best part is that it is combinable with an existing cruise reward. I told him that I would sleep on it, but it seems like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

Yes, you can purchase them within 45 days of your previous cruise, but they cannot be combined with Cruise Rewards. Look at the T&C's:

#15. Welcome Back Rewards Coupons cannot be combined with Cruise Rewards Coupon, chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

Yes, you can purchase them within 45 days of your previous cruise, but they cannot be combined with Cruise Rewards. Look at the T&C's:

#15. Welcome Back Rewards Coupons cannot be combined with Cruise Rewards Coupon, chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

Well, that's a deal breaker! I guess I should not believe what my PCC tells me (he's rather new at this). It was really the ability to combine the cruise rewards that got me interested. Doling out money in drips and drabs is less painful than letting go of a huge sum. Oh well ... :(

We are big fans of NCL's Cruise Reward Program. If used strategically, you can save lots of money. This program sounds as a good alternative in the event you forgot, or were low in funds, to purchase the Cruise Rewards Program on the ship. However, IMO the original program is a better deal. :D

time2retire, can you post the link for the T&Cs? I can't find anything about this program on the NCL website. Seems that it is not a new program, except for me and my PCC.

Started 3-3-2012

Thanks for the link, seashark. I just noticed that there was another thread about this. I'm so glad that you guys are up on all of this, because when my PCC said that it was combinable with the cruise rewards I almost bought it. But a nagging little voice told me that it was too good to be true.

How so? I understand getting the $100 OBC, but it sounds like you're saying there are other benefits?

If you are booking, that $250 will be the ENTIRE deposit for any cabin (there are restrictions on some of the suite levels though). So that is a benefit. Another is that that cruise certificate is completely transferrable, so you can give it as a gift if you don't think you'll be using it before it expires.

Archived