Island Princess - Cabin E208

ckrcjr

Has anyone been in this cabin and if so - were you pleased? We were able to get a great price for an Alaskan cruise and felt since it was a balcony, we have nothing to lose. It appears as though it may be the first balcony after a few oceanview cabins all the way forward? Any info/pictures will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks?

We were in B212 on Coral (identical twin sister) and liked the location. Normally we prefer aft, but the inside passage is so calm you will feel very little motion. I think the only time we felt movement was near Vancover.

It's an easy trip up to the Horizon Court. We liked hanging out in the aft covered pool. It was warm and at 3:30 the cookie lady would come around with a cart full of warm cookies! Bring an insulated mug with you, hot chocolate/coffee tastes really good when its cold out and the ships cups don't keep it warm for very long. :)

We were in B212 on Coral (identical twin sister) and liked the location. Normally we prefer aft, but the inside passage is so calm you will feel very little motion. I think the only time we felt movement was near Vancover.

It's an easy trip up to the Horizon Court. We liked hanging out in the aft covered pool. It was warm and at 3:30 the cookie lady would come around with a cart full of warm cookies! Bring an insulated mug with you, hot chocolate/coffee tastes really good when its cold out and the ships cups don't keep it warm for very long. :)

Thank you for the info - that is great to hear. Because this cabin is now classified as a BZ category and there are only a few on the ship, I was concerned but now I won't have to be. We also prefer the aft but thought we would book an oceanview for Alaska due to the cost, however, this category of balconies opened up to be the same as the oceanview so we thought we would switch.

I forgot the Horizon Court is forward on the Island/Coral so that will be a huge plus. Did you hear any noise from the Princess Theater since I understand that is a deck below.

Cookies and hot choc. sound wonderful!!!

Thank you for the info - that is great to hear. Because this cabin is now classified as a BZ category and there are only a few on the ship, I was concerned but now I won't have to be. We also prefer the aft but thought we would book an oceanview for Alaska due to the cost, however, this category of balconies opened up to be the same as the oceanview so we thought we would switch.

I forgot the Horizon Court is forward on the Island/Coral so that will be a huge plus. Did you hear any noise from the Princess Theater since I understand that is a deck below.

Cookies and hot choc. sound wonderful!!!

Hi Cindy, I can't really speak to the Theater, ours was on the Baja deck, so we had cabins above and below.

Have you seen this site? We use it when booking a cabin on Island/Coral. http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I also like this site. You have to join, but it has lots of pictures. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Island+Princess

Be sure to take advantage of the "secret door" at the front of the ship. It says authorized personnel, but our steward took us out there on the first day. It's really cold, but a great place for pictures on Glacier Bay day. If there's not one on the Emerald Deck, try Caribe or Baja.

• 2 months later...

We were recently on Island, E704. Our cabin was above the Universe Lounge and we heard nothing.

Liked the Emerald deck as it is the topmost level above the Atrium, so easy to get around. Also the same deck as the Library and Card Room which are nice areas to read or play games.

• 1 year later...

I'm resurrecting this old question because I never saw an actual answer to it, and I'm also wondering about this cabin -- which I understand is now ranked BZ (formerly BH, I think) and partially obstructed. A few years ago I was in this same cabin and there was no obstruction at all. So what's happened? Someone please help solve this little mystery. Thanks.

I'm resurrecting this old question because I never saw an actual answer to it, and I'm also wondering about this cabin -- which I understand is now ranked BZ (formerly BH, I think) and partially obstructed. A few years ago I was in this same cabin and there was no obstruction at all. So what's happened? Someone please help solve this little mystery. Thanks.

Check out this site, not sure if it will help.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Looking at the photo page on that website Colo Cruiser linked to, it appears that the "obstruction" is just the slight incursion of the ship's hull across part of the balcony rail -- there's like a diagonal wall slashing downward, creating a little cove effect in your balcony. Probably once you see the photo, if you've been in the cabin before, it'll refresh your memory. Doesn't look like much of an obstruction to me, but I guess technically there are nitpickers out there who would cavil, so Princess is trying to keep one step ahead of them!