Latest 4 online registration?

azseas

My cruise is a little under 4 weeks out -- I get emails from HAL saying urgent - must complete online registration. Do I need to rush home and do it this evening - or is 3 weeks prior to the cruise enough time to fill in my immigration info? I prefer to do this stuff over the weekend when I can concentrate. Thank you!

No you do not have to rush home this evening and complete that information.

They need it at least 72 hours before the cruise.

Do the online forms on the weekend when you aren't tired and can concentrate. After all you don't want to accidently make a mistake.

Thank you for responding to my original question!

It'll take all of 5 minutes...How much concentration does it take to fill out your name address, emergency info and passport number?

So you don't put flight info in there? Also need to add a credit card. In all fairness it does take more then 5 minutes. I know some people have tons of free time to do things, some do not. I would never assume what someone elses schedule is like. I understand where the OP is coming from.

So you don't put flight info in there? Also need to add a credit card. In all fairness it does take more then 5 minutes. I know some people have tons of free time to do things, some do not. I would never assume what someone elses schedule is like. I understand where the OP is coming from.

OK 10 minutes :eek: once AGAIN, just trying to say it's an easy process, no stress needed. But ONCE again being taken way too literal.

I filled mine out recently. They just ask your name, address, phone #, emergency contact info, passport #s, flight info for arrival and departure, and credit card info. Assuming you have all your info in hand and ready, it was pretty quick.

I filled mine out recently. They just ask your name, address, phone #, emergency contact info, passport #s, flight info for arrival and departure, and credit card info. Assuming you have all your info in hand and ready, it was pretty quick.

That's what takes the time, getting the info together.

So you don't put flight info in there?
Flight info isn't really needed. If you're arriving on embarkation day it could help them to know why you haven't shown up yet at the pier, but I think most people that are flying in arrive at least a day early. Then there a lot like us who most often drive. For departing flights they ask on the ship. ;)

The HAL site says:

For your convenience, and to expedite your departure, we encourage all our guests to utilize the online check-in procedure and start the process as soon as possible. During online check-in, you can securely submit your Immigration, Disembarkation and credit card registration forms. For the most accuracy onboard your ship, please complete the process at least 30 days prior to your departure. If you begin the process and cannot finish due to insufficient information, you may return to complete it at your convenience prior to departure.

My cruise is a little under 4 weeks out -- I get emails from HAL saying urgent - must complete online registration. Do I need to rush home and do it this evening - or is 3 weeks prior to the cruise enough time to fill in my immigration info? I prefer to do this stuff over the weekend when I can concentrate. Thank you!

Doing it over the weekend will work. Just get it done because Hal will just keep send you emails that bug you. Better to get it done sooner then later cause as Sails says you need to have it done 72 hours ahead of your cruise.

Flight info isn't really needed. If you're arriving on embarkation day it could help them to know why you haven't shown up yet at the pier, but I think most people that are flying in arrive at least a day early. Then there a lot like us who most often drive. For departing flights they ask on the ship. ;)

You don't HAVE to put flight info in, but if your flights are close to embarkation/debarkation times, it may matter. If you're flying on embarkation day and your flight is delayed or cancelled....and there are quite a few people on the cruise on the same flight, the ship may wait if it can.

If your flight is early on the day of debarkation, they will probably give you one of the earlier debarkation times so you can get to the airport early.

For us, we're flying in the day before embarkation and when we get off the ship, we'll stay a couple of extra nights before flying home, so flight #s didn't matter.

...and there are quite a few people on the cruise on the same flight, the ship may wait if it can.

If your flight is early on the day of debarkation, they will probably give you one of the earlier debarkation times ...

If there's "quite a few people on the same flight", most of them will probably have put their flight info in, and while the ship is waiting for them it'll wait for you too.

It's never necessary to put in your departure flight because you will be asked that info on the ship. They probably never even look at what you put in the registration.

OK 10 minutes :eek: once AGAIN, just trying to say it's an easy process, no stress needed. But ONCE again being taken way too literal.
For my last cruise, it took exactly 7 minutes and 36 seconds to fill out the form. I don't recall any stress or concentration being required. :p

Although I owe no explanations -- want to let you know that I work 12 hour days and do not have easy access to my computer during the week nights - finally -- I am DSYLEXIC - which means I must be able to concentrate. I am very happy that filling in the numbers was an easy process for the two of you. I wish it were for me as well. I like having Dh check my entries to avoid problems. I guess that is why I never try to assume all people are like me, can lead to some faulty assumptions. Have a great day!

Although I owe no explanations -- want to let you know that I work 12 hour days and do not have easy access to my computer during the week nights - finally -- I am DSYLEXIC - which means I must be able to concentrate. I am very happy that filling in the numbers was an easy process for the two of you. I wish it were for me as well. I like having Dh check my entries to avoid problems. I guess that is why I never try to assume all people are like me, can lead to some faulty assumptions. Have a great day!

I understand how you feel. I am not truly dyslexic (in the reading sense), but I say that I am "number dyslexic" because I tend to mess up numbers--get digits in phone numbers out of order, etc. And it's getting worse as the years go by. I am paranoid about entering my passport number incorrectly (would I be denied boarding?), so I always check it carefully--read it aloud as I check the numbers.

So do it this weekend, you'll be fine. And you'll feel a little bit closer to taking your cruise.

You don't owe any explanations. I remember having some not so nice replies made to me about luggage tags. I think some people forget what it's like to work and have a full life.

I think it helps with transfers to the hotel and ship. On some cruises I haven't had to fill out the form because I've done it online.

Working 12 hours a day -- been there and done that.

Just take your time this weekend and all will be well.

It takes me a while to fill in everything -- I also like to check over everything before I submit anything.

You don't owe any explanations. I remember having some not so nice replies made to me about luggage tags. I think some people forget what it's like to work and have a full life.

Now there's an assumption if I ever heard one.....if you mean me, for the record, I have a very full life.

ONCE AGAIN, I WILL EXPLAIN MYSELF, BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE AROUND HERE LIKE TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE.

I WASN'T ASSUMING ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE....I WAS MERELY TRYING TO STATE THAT THE PROCESS IS VERY EASY....THAT'S ALL....AND NO I CAN'T THINK OF EVERYONE'S CONDITIONS OR LIMITATION WHEN I MADE THE STATEMENT. I WAS JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

BUT IT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO MAKE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL.

Now there's an assumption if I ever heard one.....if you mean me, for the record, I have a very full life.

ONCE AGAIN, I WILL EXPLAIN MYSELF, BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE AROUND HERE LIKE TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE.

I WASN'T ASSUMING ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE....I WAS MERELY TRYING TO STATE THAT THE PROCESS IS VERY EASY....THAT'S ALL....AND NO I CAN'T THINK OF EVERYONE'S CONDITIONS OR LIMITATION WHEN I MADE THE STATEMENT. I WAS JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

BUT IT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO MAKE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I don't think you were even on the boards at the time of the luggage tag issues. I assume you are feeling guilty for some reason and I don't think you need to use capital letters to get the point across. This person made an all day arts and crafts project out of making luggage tags then had the nerve to tell me if I had enough time to be on cruise critic I had enough time to make my tags. I don't think that was you, was it? Probably not the best idea to make assumptions again.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I don't think you were even on the boards at the time of the luggage tag issues. I assume you are feeling guilty for some reason and I don't think you need to use capital letters to get the point across.

I wasn't referring to the luggage tag issue. I was referring to your quote I think some people forget what it's like to work and have a full life.

I used capital letters because, it's irritating having to repeat myself....once again you're assuming incorrectly. I don't feel guilty. I was only trying to point out how easy of a process it is, and how little information is actually needed. No more than that. From the OP's post it seemed like she was thinking it was a long ordeal. But it seems around here one has to choose their words very carefully.

Archived