"Salon quality" hairdryers- Veendam ???

RedSox5

Whenever we travel, I always bring my hairdryer from home because I have thick hair and the typical hotel hairdryers that barely blow any air just don't cut it! I noticed that the HAL website says their rooms have "salon quality" hairdryers... wondering if any ladies can comment on that? Would really rather leave my hairdryer home, but would kick myself all week if I left it home only to find a weak, poor excuse for a hairdryer in my cabin! ;)

We were posting about this on FB and people that had sailed on Veendam and other HAL ships said the blowdryers are okay...not as good as theirs at home but acceptable.

I'm a hairstylist so I always bring my own anyway...I don't trust the ones that are supplied.

I have a great travel size that's very powerful so it doesn't take up a lot of room in the luggage and it's pretty light in comparison to my everyday one that I use.

Thanks- sounds like I'd be better off bringing my own. I should invest in a travel one as mine isn't small, nor is it great... but, sounds like it's better than what's on board... thanks so much! :)

The hair dryers are decent - but not as strong as you may want with long, thick hair. My hair dries in about the same amount of time as at home but it is relatively short. My friend with long hair uses it on the cruise and doesn't have any issues, but I do know that others on the board prefer to take their own.

I too suffer from BDSA....Blow Dryer Separation Anxiety. LOL

I found the one's on the NA were the very basic Conair 1875 (I think) it was OK....but I like a blow dryer that gives a good blast of air. Bring your own, if you're picky about it, like I am.

I too suffer from BDSA....Blow Dryer Separation Anxiety. LOL

I found the one's on the NA were the very basic Conair 1875 (I think) it was OK....but I like a blow dryer that gives a good blast of air. Bring your own, if you're picky about it, like I am.

What a coincidence, I also suffer from BDSA. lol Good one!

I like the "cool shot" that mine has and most hotel/cruiseship dryers don't have that or it doesn't work.

I bring my own since my one experience with trusting the hype. On the Oodam, the only hairdryer in our SY cabin was hardwired into a drawer. I'm tall, the cord wasn't long enough and I dry my hair standing up. I went to the front desk and begged for a "real" hair dryer, which they found and supplied. I have a very good, small travel hair dryer and it even folds in half.

What a coincidence, I also suffer from BDSA. lol Good one!

I like the "cool shot" that mine has and most hotel/cruiseship dryers don't have that or it doesn't work.

We must have been separated at birth....can't live without the cool shot....LOL

We must have been separated at birth....can't live without the cool shot....LOL

Sis!!!:D

That's quite possible. I'm the youngest of 8 so my mom and dad may have left one of us at the hospital on purpose. lol

Archived