Transfer to Jost Van Dyke

xplor97

Can anyone share with me the easiest / most economical way for a group of 6-10 people to transfer from St Maarten to Jost Van Dyke. We are sailing Carnival Dream in October, I'd let to present to the group a day trip to JVD to visit places similar to Soggy Dollar Bar. We will be in port from 8AM-6PM. I'm not looking to have food or beverages provided (Maybe we could bring our own soft cooler for water and a lil adult beverage for the ride) or to snorkel, just a transfer over and a ride back to the ship. We could taxi to another area for convenience. Thanks for any ideas.

Greg :cool:

We were looking into this once and the only private excursion I found was Dolphin Shuttle

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=3

The return time back to St. Thomas is 5pm so you are cutting it close. If your ship is departing at 6pm you'll have to be back on the ship by 5:15 or so. I didn't look into it further to see where you get the shuttle from, if you have to find transportation from Red Hook or right from your cruise ship dock.

The cost is $110, plus $25 fuel surcharge (see the bottom of the homepage), and another $25 customs fee (you are going from USVI to BVI). Total: $160 per person

Good luck!

I've looked into this for a smaller group. Google power boat rental St. Thomas. There are several companies that will charter you a boat with a capt. to go where ever you want. Price depends on the size of boat but you control your timing. We will be renting one in Sept. from a company out of Red Hook.

Greg: There are two problems you may face: 1. timing- most of the day charter boats will be leaving later than you want and returning too late, as ibcnu noted and 2. Coast Guard 6 pack rules- no, not beer, but 6 passengers. The licensing for a boat and captain to take more than 6 people is much more difficult, so most of the boats are limited to 6. You might check with some of the rental companies out of American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook. All the best!

Thanks for all the responses. 6 people may be a better #. I did Google power boats St Thomas and came across several sites that will rent, along with a Captain, so then the time schedule will be more flexible.

Greg :D

Archived