Bringing wine on board(luggage tag em)

tommy2811

Hello. i understand luggage tagging bottled water but how about a few bottles of wine. I also understand the corkage fee. do you carry the wine on? no luggage tag required?

also while im asking-

Ill have a bag(carry-on)with electronics in it, cameras(2) Ipod, phone chargers and Laptop. i can keep this with my threw boarding?

Hello. i understand luggage tagging bottled water but how about a few bottles of wine. I also understand the corkage fee. do you carry the wine on? no luggage tag required?

also while im asking-

Ill have a bag(carry-on)with electronics in it, cameras(2) Ipod, phone chargers and Laptop. i can keep this with my threw boarding?

Wine is carry-on only. As soon as you go through security, you'll pay the corkage fee and stickers will be placed on your bottles. And, yes, all electronics will make it through security and boarding... no worries.

What is the purpose of the Corkage Fee? I could open my own bottle of Wine.

The purpose is to offset the loss of revenue. Keep in mind that alcohol sales represent a major portion of the ship's revenue. If you bring on your own wine, you're not buying wine onboard. So, NCL charges you for each bottle brought onboard regardless of where you drink it and regardless of who opens the bottle.

Depends on cruise line

HAL doesn't charge corkage fee unless they serve you your wine in the diningroom

Fee is per bottle not sitting

If I drink my own wine in my room there is no fee

Same with Carnival (at least it used to be that way... not sure now)

The purpose is to offset the loss of revenue. Keep in mind that alcohol sales represent a major portion of the ship's revenue. If you bring on your own wine, you're not buying wine onboard. So, NCL charges you for each bottle brought onboard regardless of where you drink it and regardless of who opens the bottle.

It's as it would be in any restaurant. Actually, whether or not a cruise line charged a corkage fee wouldn't be a consideration for me. It's nice that some lines don't charge but it's not a deal breaker .

It's as it would be in any restaurant. Actually, whether or not a cruise line charged a corkage fee wouldn't be a consideration for me. It's nice that some lines don't charge but it's not a deal breaker .

Same for me.

Not that way with Carnival or Disney.

You bring your own wine in your carry-on, if you open your wine yourself and drink it in your stateroom (balcony) no charge.

If you bring the bottle at diner they will charge you to open it;)

I thought Carnival limited you to 2 bottles? We brought a case onto NCL, and paid the corkage fee. Better wine for less money than if we bought in onboard.

I thought Carnival limited you to 2 bottles? We brought a case onto NCL, and paid the corkage fee. Better wine for less money than if we bought in onboard.

After reviewing NCL's wine list and prices, I'm inclined to agree. The markup seems to be at least $20 per bottle.

also while im asking-

You do not have to carry the wine onboard in your carryon. You may put in your checked luggage. If detected, you will be called to the Naughty Room to retrieve. We fly so we have to put the wine in our checked luggage. Corkage fee is $15 per 750ml bottle of wine. Bigger bottles carry a bigger corkage fee. As stated numerous times, a corkage fee has nothing to do with opening the bottle. NCL's policy is extremely fair and I have no problem bringing on the wines that I want to enjoy.

Bigger bottles carry a bigger corkage fee. As stated numerous times, a corkage fee has nothing to do with opening the bottle.

This rule has changed (unless there has been a reversal since Oct 2011). You are allowed the 750 ml or the 1.5 ml bottles for the same $15 fee each.

This rule has changed (unless there has been a reversal since Oct 2011). You are allowed the 750 ml or the 1.5 ml bottles for the same $15 fee each.

The rule was change after you sailed. Not sure the specific date but it was around Nov. 1.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard.

These will be subject to the following:

$15.00 USD 750 ml bottle

$20.00 USD 1,000 ml bottle

$30.00 USD 1,500 ml magnum

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

Archived