***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

And thanks for the entertainment over the last two weeks - looking forward to more of the same when you reboard your home away from home next week! I am sure you will have a fabulous voyage around the beautiful Island we call home, and cued mile failte to the land of whisky, haggis, tartan and of course La Fairbourne!

Safe travels and sunny days ... :D

fairbourne, now you rest up for the next week until I am back on here with yet another ***Live from..." with many a task awaiting you as my trusty P.A.:eek:

I have a feeling that the next one will be a whooper with Characters and Cards abound for 20 fun filled days of mahem, shananigans and spoofs!

As I would say...stay tuned mon ami!;):D;)

Day 15: Disembarkation in Barcelona, Spain

We went up for breakfast just shortly before 8:00am in the Colonnade knowing very well it really didn't matter what time we would go and expected it to be a ZOO and MAD HOUSE. It seemed as no one was using the Restaurant which was open from the same hours 7:00am until 9:00am.

We ended having a table outside with Florian and Josezf section with Mario the Assistant Maitre'd from the Patio Grill keeping us in stitches during breakfast with jokes, jabs etc.

Had the usual poached eggs and O.J. and we ended up leaving the ship at approx. 9:40am when they called for all passengers to go ashore that were remaining on the ship. Once outside it took less than 10 minutes to get our luggage and hail a cab (there were plenty of cabs waiting) and off to our hotel whereby we didn't have to wait and have a beautiful Suite here at the W Hotel on Barcelonetta Beach beside the Cruise Terminal. We got upgraded to a WOW Suite with huge balcony overlooking the ocean and beach. The weather here today is overcast and cloudy and currently 19C or 67F with a targeted high of 21C or 72F.

We'll that's it for this Live from the Sojourn until check-in again in Civitavecchia, Italy next Fraiday May 4th!;):D;)

Seabourntraveller,

Would be interested to know what you are doing in the time before you reboard the Sojourn in Rome.

Assume you're not going home!

cruiserbunny; we are staying 2 days in Barcelona and then flying back home on Sunday late morning. I have several meetings to attend in the week and flying back to Europe (Rome) on next Thursday evening to arrive at 9:45am in FCO on Friday morning, May 4th.:eek:

ST. Have enjoyed reading your blog immensely during your current voyage. Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. Sounds lime we will be competing for the same table as our favorite is also one by the rail.

purpleally;

Just remember I get up each day at 5:30am!:eek:;)

ST: do find out his name and ask him if he learned from Jerry! Rosburgh is right and i am a huge pizza fan also. I usually love gourmet pizzas of all types and particularly the calamari but Jerry's crust is so good that the thin crust pizza he makes with just tomato and cheese is like eating candy! This guy needs to teach the recent patio grill people on Quest and Odyssey. Maybe you can find out a little of his background. Thanks.

I agree with Roxburg and yourself for the sake of quality and consistency they need to have Arnold train the other Pizza Masters on the Oddyssey and Quest as well. I did go out of my way to write comments to this effect on my guest comment questionnaire and also personally to Hubert the Hotel Manager on the Sojourn. I'll nudge them all again when I am back onboard in a week's time.

Day 15: Disembarkation in Barcelona, Spain

We went up for breakfast just shortly before 8:00am in the Colonnade knowing very well it really didn't matter what time we would go and expected it to be a ZOO and MAD HOUSE. It seemed as no one was using the Restaurant which was open from the same hours 7:00am until 9:00am.

We ended having a table outside with Florian and Josezf section with Mario the Assistant Maitre'd from the Patio Grill keeping us in stitches during breakfast with jokes, jabs etc.

Had the usual poached eggs and O.J. and we ended up leaving the ship at approx. 9:40am when they called for all passengers to go ashore that were remaining on the ship. Once outside it took less than 10 minutes to get our luggage and hail a cab (there were plenty of cabs waiting) and off to our hotel whereby we didn't have to wait and have a beautiful Suite here at the W Hotel on Barcelonetta Beach beside the Cruise Terminal. We got upgraded to a WOW Suite with huge balcony overlooking the ocean and beach. The weather here today is overcast and cloudy and currently 19C or 67F with a targeted high of 21C or 72F.

We'll that's it for this Live from the Sojourn until check-in again in Civitavecchia, Italy next Fraiday May 4th!;):D;)

Thank you for your lively blogging! I have enjoyed every day of your trip and am now pleasantly surprised that you will join my husband and I on the May 4th Rome-Lisbon voyage. I hope to meet you personally soon. Virginia and Roberto Sierra, from Ithaca, NY (Cornell University)

ST

You're a wuss. I'm up at 3 a.m. BUT, I don't have time to b-to-b.

Mrs. M says the pizza was very thin, but not as thin as we get at home. But she enjoyed it all the same.

As we like to say, unless you live in the Northeast US, you really don't know pizza.

Now get to work and get back aboard.

Thank you for your lively blogging! I have enjoyed every day of your trip and am now pleasantly surprised that you will join my husband and I on the May 4th Rome-Lisbon voyage. I hope to meet you personally soon. Virginia and Roberto Sierra, from Ithaca, NY (Cornell University)

I hope to meet you both personally as well....small world so many CC members on the next 2 cruises on Sojourn.;):D;)

ST

You're a wuss. I'm up at 3 a.m. BUT, I don't have time to b-to-b.

Mrs. M says the pizza was very thin, but not as thin as we get at home. But she enjoyed it all the same.

As we like to say, unless you live in the Northeast US, you really don't know pizza.

Now get to work and get back aboard.

mariner....will be getting back to work and back onboard May 4th next Friday!;):D;)

Thanks for the blog, it helps with the wait for our next cruise!

The new Al Freso menu in the Patio Grill didn't appear often during your 14 nights and when it did I didn't see the " Herb Roasted Suckling Pig" at all. Do I need a new pair of glasses or was this particular item not on the dinner menu?

Thanks for the blog, it helps with the wait for our next cruise!

The new Al Freso menu in the Patio Grill didn't appear often during your 14 nights and when it did I didn't see the " Herb Roasted Suckling Pig" at all. Do I need a new pair of glasses or was this particular item not on the dinner menu?

Al Fresco was offered once per 7 day cruise only. We did have the exact same menu for both Al Fresco Menus.

• 4 weeks later...
Mid Morning Update;

We came back from breakfast about 30 minutes ago as we had gone up to the Colonnade around 8:40am and virtually the whole place to ourselves. The outside verandah was way too chili as the winds were hitting the ship from the stern so we decided to eat inside. We have such great service from Pietor and Mario the Assistant Maitre'd's and Lena our usual server which knows what to order every morning.

This morning they had those beautifully presented parfait glasses filled with different yogurts, muselis, fresh fruit....a medley of colours on display.

Mario made us a French Presse coffee the way "he likes it"...my goodness it was so strong it would grow hair on your chest....but we love strong coffee but this was one hell of a strong coffee to keep me perky all day and night!:D

We got invited to Bobby Broughton's (Cruise Director) dinner table tonight in the Restaurant but declined politely as we had already made other plans with another couple to eat together tonight, weather permitting of course at the Patio Grill. I am sure we will have another opportunity to do so maybe before the end of this cruise.

The weather has cleared up miraculously with sunny skies currently and 17C or 66F but strong winds persist this morning at 10:30am. As I am looking outside one of the windows here in Seabourn Square, I can see white tips.

We plan on going into Livorno later this afternoon, as we love the Lavazza coffee they serve here in Livorno with cannoli and/or mascarpone biscottis....yummy yum yum!!!!;). The shuttle bus drops us off right besides the MacDonald's every 30 minutes until 6:00pm today.

Moer to come later today onboard Sojourn in Livorno, Italy until 8:00pm this evening...stay tuned for any further sightings of "foot soaker":eek:

I'm still catching up but who is "we"?

Archived