***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

I'm here and just finished reading all your pages! I must say rather calm after your fabulous tales on last cruise, BUT calm can be good and very enjoyable. I guess this is your first on the big sisters and nice to hear you are enjoying it. We have been the last three cruises on the big sisters, Sojourn, Odyseey and Quest, but now are looking at the Pride for next March (Singapore to Athens 42 days). I think it is very much like what you did last January. I will have to reread your old thread.

I do love the little ships but I have loved the big ones on TAs and in rough seas. I wonder if I will go back easily....Will not be happy if lots of mechanical problems!

Looks like you are not having good weather. I have been to most of the ports you are visiting and enjoyed most of them. We did a similar cruise four years ago but it was late April, early May and the weather was very nice. I have not been on CC much as we just got home the week before Easter after three months and I was so behind!! I am digging out now and just found your thread. I do miss the NS....but I'm still working on losing the weight I gained on the Odyssey. It's not fun but I can't afford a whole new wardrobe!

Glad you like your new cabin. You are close to where we always book...since I'm the queasy one. I love that location. Fun wine discussions on your thread.

Fairbourne, we are having a brief cold snap here so I have the fireplace on, it's 50 and it was 80 two days ago..

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep posting!

Welcome back RNH!

I hear you about the little sisters. Having not been on a Big Sister before I didn't know what to expect. We love the Sojourn and will surely love the Odyssey at the end of this year but as you I like the little sisters. i have to be honest if I could the same cruise for 42 days on the Pride vs the Odyssey or Quest from Singapore to Athens, I would now probably do the Big Sisters just for the overall experience and comforts and bells and whistles on a bigger sister. That being said we have just booked for next March 24, 2013 a 20 day on the Spirit doing 7 day caribbean and then repositioning and doing a transatlantic from the Southern Caribbean to Barcelona.

The weather hasn't been the greatest but we came really just to rest and do nothing else. It's been a pretty "uneventful cruise" compared to the Legend, but we have still managed to see some characters and "cards" like Foot soasker, Frits with the Mitts, Almost Burning Down the Colonnade by Croissant etc.

I have only 4 days left to sample that Amarone and Brunello di Montalccino!...YIKES!:eek:

Activities Onboard Today;

7:00am Arrival, Porto Torres, Sardinia

8:00am Shuttle Service approx. every 10 minutes. Last shuttle 2:15pm

10:30am Golf Putting Enthusiast, The Retreat, Deck 11

12:00pm Colonnade opens for lunch until 2:00pm, Seafood

12:30pm-3:30pm Patio Grill opens for lunch, Panini

2:00pm Unhosted Social Bridge Play, Card Room, Deck 7

2:30pm All Aboard

3:00pm Departure for Mahon, Spain

3:00pm Spa Seminar:"How to Increase Your Metabolism", The Spa, Deck 9

3:30pm Seabourn Speakers Series: "Mahon, The Capital of Menorca and Legendary Ibiza", Grand Salon, Deck 6

4:00pm-5:00pm Afternoon Tea and Melodies, Observation Bar, Deck 10

4:30pm Galley Tour with Executive Chef Andrew, Restaurant, Deck 4

5:00pm Friends of Bill W., Conference Room #1, Deck 5

5:15pm Sojourn Team Trivia-in the Observation Bar!, Deck 10

Evening Activities Onboard;

Tonight's attire: FORMAL (Optional)

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, the Club, Deck 5

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

9:45pm SHOWTIME: "I Write the Songs", Grand Salon, Deck 6

I was very honored when Captain Elliott named the dog (Deck 5~outside the Chief Pursers Office) "Dawg Tex" ~after me! I had hosted my "Texas Fling Ding" dinner (Patio Grill) and Capt. Hamish had such a good time he decided to give the "Dawg" a name ~some Sailor's just called her "Bubba-ett" ~ some days she'd have lit tid-bits on the floor, then someone placed a bowl of water for her ~~ha ha~~ fun, frolic and laughter are good for our souls!:p

Please tell Hubert, Hot Man, the Cowgirl sends him big Texas "hugs!"He's one of my favorites and I certainly hope to sail with him again, in the near future. And Capt. Elliott is a true Master along with having such a great sense of humor ~and he's"full of mischief" as well ~~

Have you seen the "warm chocolate melting cake" on the dinner menus? Tooooo delicious!

Martita B.

post script: couldn't sleep

so decided to read/post on CC

I was very honored when Captain Elliott named the dog (Deck 5~outside the Chief Pursers Office) "Dawg Tex" ~after me! I had hosted my "Texas Fling Ding" dinner (Patio Grill) and Capt. Hamish had such a good time he decided to give the "Dawg" a name ~some Sailor's just called her "Bubba-ett" ~ some days she'd have lit tid-bits on the floor, then someone placed a bowl of water for her ~~ha ha~~ fun, frolic and laughter are good for our souls!:p

Please tell Hubert, Hot Man, the Cowgirl sends him big Texas "hugs!"He's one of my favorites and I certainly hope to sail with him again, in the near future. And Capt. Elliott is a true Master along with having such a great sense of humor ~and he's"full of mischief" as well ~~

Have you seen the "warm chocolate melting cake" on the dinner menus? Tooooo delicious!

Martita B.

post script: couldn't sleep

so decided to read/post on CC

Ohhhh Miss Martita B. you are always a great addition on here with your salty tales! I didn't know the dog naming ceremony was after you!:D

Agreed. Captain Elliott does seem to have a "dry" sense of humour.

I haven't see that new LAVA CAKE dessert yet onboard. At least it wasn't on last weeks menu but I am waiting anxiously to see it hopefully on this week's menu before we disembark...stay tuned!;)

Post Breakfast Update;

We just finished having a lazy and leisurely breakfast out on deck in the Colonnade. As luck would have it we were seated next to DottieD on CC not knowing it at first until we started talking and she asked me if I was the gentleman doing the blog onboard!....small world!

Of course this morning we had the usual breakfast of 2 poached eggs on dry brown and some fresh fruit O.J. and more coffee.

The temperature is starting to warm up here today in Porto Torres, Sardinia and currently under partly sunny skies and a balmy 14C or 58F. Hopefully it continues to rise heat wise here on the island today as we have an early sail at 3:00pm for Mahon, Spain (Menorca).

Plan on going up on the outter decks to see if I can catch some additional sun before it gets crowded if it already hasn't.:eek:

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in port in Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy.

ST

A few years ago my best friend (from San Angelo, Tx) had her excellent report from her Doctor in Dallas as "cancer free" ~eight of us decided to sail Carnival, from Galveston, for 5 days ~ "a ship board celebration for Miss Betty" We had a blast! The food was very delicious ~that's where we all fell-in-love with the warm chocolate melting cake! Then, just this March/April, the cake appeared on the Seabourn Spirit menu! Ask your Sojourn pastry/desert Chef it he plans on serving it.

Happy week!

Miss M

ST

A few years ago my best friend (from San Angelo, Tx) had her excellent report from her Doctor in Dallas as "cancer free" ~eight of us decided to sail Carnival, from Galveston, for 5 days ~ "a ship board celebration for Miss Betty" We had a blast! The food was very delicious ~that's where we all fell-in-love with the warm chocolate melting cake! Then, just this March/April, the cake appeared on the Seabourn Spirit menu! Ask your Sojourn pastry/desert Chef it he plans on serving it.

Happy week!

Miss M

Ok Miss Martita B. I will "snoop" around and see if I can get my mitts on that new cake/dessert this week or not.

Now GO TO BED WOMAN! it's 4:00am your time!:eek::D:eek:

Enjoying my freshly brewed mint tea ~from my herb garden ~I will take my 3 hour nap now, then will be ready for this beautiful warm day here in West Texas ~weather 85 degrees.

Hoping your desert Cheffy will be serving the warm chocolate cake soon!:p

Miss M

What a happy Monday - so far;) - reading and seeing all my fab SB sailors been busy catching up.

ST - I guess the excitement of the NS wore you out last night! LOL! That's so funny you landing up next to DottieD - you were destined to meet.

Now I need you to track down someone else - Highseas53 - and tell them not to get quite so excited over the NS and then tell us about it! - its not fair to put us through this torture! ;) Decorum please, it is Seabourn after all!

DH in Norway today just phoned to say he arrived OK - back in time for dinner, so no night off for CheffyFairbourne, but if he thinks he's getting breadsticks and NS, he's got another think coming! hahahaha!

It's almost not raining here today, so off out with the dogs and will check in later to see if you've unearthed any scandal!

As they say in the NE Scotland - "have a nice day y'all"

trusty PA signing out.

Enjoying my freshly brewed mint tea ~from my herb garden ~I will take my 3 hour nap now, then will be ready for this beautiful warm day here in West Texas ~weather 85 degrees.

Miss M

Good morning Miss M - hope you enjoyed your nap. I do so love fresh mint tea and I love it even more when you can pick your own. It's one of my favourite things, especially needed on SB after all the rich puddings! LOL!

Post Lunch Update;-Enroute to Mahon, Spain

We just finished a long winded lunch today aboard Sojourn. We first started out in the Colonnade AFT verandah, and ordered the Crab Soup and it was so windy (whereby it wasn't this morning) that I also ordered a blanket from David and Florian. We then decided to go to warmer territory and at this point it 12:45pm and headed for the Patio Grill. To my surprise, the Patio Grill was under siege and was packed everywhere and people lining up for food as if it was a soup kitchen or Russian department store.:eek:

Poor Mario, the Assistant Maitre'd got us a table (the last one) by the Patio Bar (love it because you can hear and see everything that goes on) and ordered a a Panini and Artichoke Pizza with a Vodka Cranberry. For dessert I had a couple of those infamous cookies with a chocolate milkshake...now I am stuffed. The weather has warmed up and it is currently 20C or 68F but we do get gusts of winds every now and then. You are fine if you are directly in the sun but in the shade it tends to still be cool.

We are about to attempt to go out by the Pool and then proceed to Deck 11, The Retreat (we love it up there as it's quiet and low winds).

We are 1 hour away from setting sail for Mahon, Spain and have 225 nautical miles approx. to reach Menorca by tomorrow morning at 8:00am.

Sea conditions look to be good so that shouldn't be a problem.

More to come later today from the Sojourn about to set sail for Mahon, Spain in 1 hours time.

Miss M

Miss M enjoy your nap after your mint tea while I snoar myself to sleep on Deck 11 in the Retreat in the sun on my way to Mahon, Spain!

I am on the lookout for that Lava/Volcano Cake!:eek:

Hi again :)

Have there been any events onboard for repeat Seabourn passengers?

billichka, yes every Formal Night (there is only 1 per cruise on these 7 day cruises) on these 7 day cruises onboard Sojourn, they schedule the repeaters party for club members as is tonight's in the Club at 6:30pm with the Captain and Senior Officers attending.

What a happy Monday - so far;) - reading and seeing all my fab SB sailors been busy catching up.

ST - I guess the excitement of the NS wore you out last night! LOL! That's so funny you landing up next to DottieD - you were destined to meet.

Now I need you to track down someone else - Highseas53 - and tell them not to get quite so excited over the NS and then tell us about it! - its not fair to put us through this torture! ;) Decorum please, it is Seabourn after all!

DH in Norway today just phoned to say he arrived OK - back in time for dinner, so no night off for CheffyFairbourne, but if he thinks he's getting breadsticks and NS, he's got another think coming! hahahaha!

It's almost not raining here today, so off out with the dogs and will check in later to see if you've unearthed any scandal!

As they say in the NE Scotland - "have a nice day y'all"

trusty PA signing out.

Will try and track down Highseas53 if I can and yes politely read him his rights regarding the "little critters". No new scandals of yet but it is still early in the day...stay tuned!:eek:

Roger that ...over and out, 10-4!:D

Post Sailaway;

We have just pulled away from our pier approx 1 hour ago, and thus far the seas are calm and smooth and the winds have dimished somewhat. Here on deck 11 in the Retreat, the design of the ship is ideal for sunbathing as the deck design is on a slope and therefore creates a natural windbreaker.

I have to say if I have mentioned it in the past, Guest Service Team onboard specifically Jo from "Priska, S.A." is extremely helpful with no questions left unanswered and also she is great a following up with guests.

Goingt o go back upstairs in a few moments to catch in some last minute rays until 6:00pm hopefully. The sun I have to say is extremely intense and strong.

More to come later today from the Sojourn making our way towards Mahon, Spain.:eek:

Dinner Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant;

Game Terrine

With Homemade Piccalili, Pistachio Salad and Toasted Granary

White Tomato Soup

with Basil Foam

Beer Battered Cod

with Minted Pea Puree, Tartare Sauce

Refreshing Pimms Sorbet

with cucumber Foam

Butter Poached Halibut

Mussel and Tomato Casserole, Wilted Spinach

or

Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin and Mushroom Pie

Savoy Cabbage and Rich Jus

DESSERT:

Rhubarb Trio

Warm Ginger Rhubarb Crumble, Rhubarb and Custard Cheesecake and Rhubard Sherbet

Selection of Pralines & Petit Fours

Vegetarian-Creamy Porcini Mushroom and Butternut Squash Risotto

Parmesan and Arugual Oil

Restaurant 2;

Chef's Cocktail: Caviar in the Cloud, Foggy Potatoes

Cowboy Roll-Seared Flank Steak, Portobello, Sesame Sauce

Barbequed Salmon-Jalapeno, Cucumber, Melted Mozzarella, Wasabi Mayo

Duck Confit Pop-Roasted Pepper Relish, Creamy Chili Dip

Tea Smoked Game Presse, Chestnut Spaetzle

Porcini & Chestnut Cappuccino, Honey Spiced Squab & Fig Empanada

Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Forest Mushrooms, Truffled Emulsion

Floating Lobster, Pesto Cream, Red Pepper Fondue, Lime Froth

Apricot Beignets, Citrus Compote, Calvados Ice Cream

The Colonnade- INDIAN

APPETIZERS

Spiced Shrimp, Eggplant Puree, Marinated Tomatoes

Chick Peas, Curried Almonds

or

Crisp Samosa, Marinated Cucumbers

Tamarind Glaze, Yogurt Sauce

or

Mulligatawny -Curried Chicken Soup

Panner Samosa

MAIN COURSE

Chicken Tikka Marsala

Lemony Basmati Rice

or

Braised Beef Chettinard

Saffron Pulao Rice, Papadums

DESSERTS

Oven Baked Yogurt, Berry Compote

or

Roasted Pineapple, Pistachio Kulfi

Rice Crisp

PATIO GRILL IS CLOSED...:(

I just love the porcelain mugs - "I'm the Captain of this ship and I have my wife's permission to say so" and "First Mate". Every time I make the DH a cup of tea and use these mugs .... Aaah happy memories of Seabourn, and of course because it just reinforces who's BOSS around here! ;):D

ST - Thanks for taking the time to post the menus, always a matter of interest to us gourmands (aka, gluttons). Are you using a scanner to copy them? If so, how do you do that, as helpful info for those of us who might like to do so on future cruises? I ask if you are using a scanner as there seem to be fewer typos (e.g. "heatens" for "heathens" or "trusters" for "thrusters") than in your narrative posts. If you are using a scanner, could you be so kind as to give us some details about it and how you convert the data to a format that you can post on CC. Thanks for you kind technical advice.

ST

If I remember correctly, there was some food they was always available in the MDR. Is this still true?

LB

Lefty Bob; Yes still the same always available such as the Grilled Salmon, Lamb Chops, Filet Mignon, Ceasar Salad etc. That part has not changed if on the big sisters.;)

Archived