Wow have the menus changed...

jessemon

I kept my negative comment's on the food buried in a thread..lol maybe weak..not to take the full hit on a big review..LOL..

I did try anytime and at 2600 capacity for the week it was hectic for them..but sitting with people..or alone and even in steakhouse cold food meant not on game..asking for anything meant waiting until it was tepid to cold to get needed item if food was warm...but did not have advantage of same waiter..everyone was working so darn hard I just after asking for real butter and finding out what it meant for the waiter let other things go..too many people and off game 5 days maybe..but food was much worse than Paraidse ( I thought Paradise was good) and was expecting even better on better ship, poor waitors did have the escalator and all for 4 pats on a plate..I suppose with the same waiter one can get a pattern. Getting a glass of wine with meal was not possible half of time either ..too late by the time they could get to you perhaps understaffed in that way and with waitors as well...

Great things:

Room steward, shows, flow of ship itself..ie roomy not elevator issues with all those kids..only once were they playing the all buttons game and so many elevators not a problem...View in the Bay of Cabo...just being on a ship..LOVE IT..people..including kids...dancing the whole Michael Jackson hour in the disco..Karoke hilarity..just the beautiful ship new to me..and the cool director Stu and great Captian..who obviously prooves himself great in the weekly emergencies..got a sick person off the ship on our exit and the man overboard story was wonderful in Hawaii...I still had a great cruise.

Comparing Carnival to the Titanic, is like comparing Burger King to Mortons. They aren't even in the same realm with one another.

A First Class ticket on Titanic in todays money ranged from about 2,500 pp one way to up to 50,000 pp one way.

Correct, and you also did not have to order from each course. Titanic had a MDR in first class, and a separate a la carte restaurant, which cost extra. Captain Smith dined in the a la carte restaurant the last night with the Widener's of Philadelphia. George Widener, a banker, did not survive the sinking.

Some years ago my friend, Mitchell Mart, had a dining room chair for sale from the a la carte restaurant on Olympic (same type chair was on Titanic). This time I took a pass on purchasing the $4000 chair!

Also, Titanic did not have en suite bathrooms for the majority of first class cabins, only a sink. Even first class had to go down the hall for toilet, bath, or shower!

Ok, enough! ;)

A very upscale restaurant named Cullen's that is right down the road from me recreated the last dinner served on the titanic last week. $10,000 pp. it made the national news.

I have been on a diet for so long that a nice crispy piece of fried chicken sounds pretty darn good right now!

Leave a zero off, it was $1,000 per person.

Archived