Wow have the menus changed...

jessemon

Maybe I'm missing something on this "comfort food" menu thing.

I just got off the Magic and the MDR menus are expanded. The left side of the menu is in fact everyday comfort food such as chicken, meatloaf, Mac n cheese, etc,,,,,however, the right side of the menu is just like always. Separate appetizers, salads, didja special,,,, along with the special main courses.

Maybe I'm missing something on this "comfort food" menu thing.

I just got off the Magic and the MDR menus are expanded. The left side of the menu is in fact everyday comfort food such as chicken, meatloaf, Mac n cheese, etc,,,,,however, the right side of the menu is just like always. Separate appetizers, salads, didja special,,,, along with the special main courses.

If you are milling something, so am I. There is nothing saying you have to eat meatloaf. As a matter of fact, I have yet to try anything from the comfort food menu.

Guess they decided to replace the new and less exotic menus with Didja (guess someone can't spell "Did you" or maybe that is a texting way to do things)...It is not a special or special...

I always love when people say Walmart of the Seas....New name for me after doing the new menu is "Golden Corral of the Seas"...

I think all but the heartiest of cheerleaders really do believe most of the food has gotten pretty bad. But there are still ample amounts of it! For most people that compensates for a lot, I guess.

I am disappointed most of the time lately by the food, although most of the time I can find stuff that is good-- not necessarly good for-- if I look around.

Heck, I lived through law school on Kraft Mac and Cheese. I can certainly live through a cruise on Carnival's Mac and Cheese supplemented by frogs legs and meatloaf.

Yea...times have changed. Back then the lower class was served lobster....because it was cheap.

No joke. From a slightly later time, my mother, who spent a good part of her childhood in Cape Breton, recalls being embarrassed when she took out her lobster sandwich for lunch at school.

We were SO disappointed in the new menus that our upcoming cruise on Carnival will be our last. We sailed 15 days to Hawaii in December and the menu was more like "Denny's" that a cruise ship. If we hadn't already booked the Breeze, we would not be going next April. I miss the nightly shrimp cocktail and garden salad. Entrees were either boring or weird. What is Carnival thinking?

The way to survive is to go to steakhouse more than once!

With 2.0 coming up - I guess some variety might help but I hate mexican food==guys burger's sound good

I was surprised because I think we had been able to get roast beef sand. at deli on previous times, but not this deli on miracle

Miracle has no 2.0 coming up, no fish and chips, MDR - 2.5 stars, Lido 3 stars

and then there was the Chefs table which was like the titanic - so many courses and about 3 hours at the table- I'm picky - was able to enjoy most of it

Oddly 2 favorites for me were the steak sand for the room service menu and the pizza with goat cheese -- hey don't like it - ditch it and try something else! That's the beauty of it

Guess they decided to replace the new and less exotic menus with Didja (guess someone can't spell "Did you" or maybe that is a texting way to do things)...It is not a special or special...

I always love when people say Walmart of the Seas....New name for me after doing the new menu is "Golden Corral of the Seas"...

LOL! As a first time cruiser (on 5-7), and new member of Cruise Critic, I am learning all I can here about Carnival and cruising. My wife does not like reading message boards, but she wants to know what I think about the upcoming cruise. I told her it looks like a fun thing to do, and we are excited about it, but I told her to perhaps lower her expectations about the food. She asks, so what's the food like? Several weeks ago, I told her according to what I am reading, expect "Golden Corral on the Seas"... LOL!

Comparing Carnival to the Titanic, is like comparing Burger King to Mortons. They aren't even in the same realm with one another.

A First Class ticket on Titanic in todays money ranged from about 2,500 pp one way to up to 50,000 pp one way.

What a fabulous menu!!

I was disappointed with the food 3 years ago, ate more goat cheese pizza than anything. I'm scared to see what it's like now. :eek:

That's what I get for working fine dining for so many years!!! But, I don't go for the food and my expectations are low. I hope the pizza is still good though.:p

April. I miss the nightly shrimp cocktail and garden salad./QUOTE]

My dd ordered a garden salad every evening - even though it wasn't on the menu. Don't be afraid to ask for something if you don't see it - they will go out of their way to get it for you!

Comparing Carnival to the Titanic, is like comparing Burger King to Mortons. They aren't even in the same realm with one another.

A First Class ticket on Titanic in todays money ranged from about 2,500 pp one way to up to 50,000 pp one way.

Thanks, maxamuus, that is what I was thinking!

Probably more like the high end luxury cruise lines meals! Probably not 10 courses, but closer to the same items.

The First Class Cabins were $1,800 dollars on the Titanic is 1912 and I believe the best cabin that Guggenheim was in was $4,800. $1,800 adjusted for inflation is around 40k. $4,800 adjusted for inflation to the present day is $107k. So to compare the first class meals on the Titanic to Carnival is not really a fair comparison.

Archived