Pacific Dawn heading for Dry Dock?

Sandielle

Am hoping to book my next cruise on the Pacific Dawn (not for 12 months :() ... but will be looking forward to seeing her! We took some first time cruisers with us last week on the Pacific Sun (they are now hooked) - they hope to join us again next year with their 5 children (aged 6 - 14) so are very interested in the interconnecting cabins!

May have to take a drive to Brisbane next weekend to see her in dry dock!

Am hoping to book my next cruise on the Pacific Dawn (not for 12 months :() ... but will be looking forward to seeing her! We took some first time cruisers with us last week on the Pacific Sun (they are now hooked) - they hope to join us again next year with their 5 children (aged 6 - 14) so are very interested in the interconnecting cabins!

May have to take a drive to Brisbane next weekend to see her in dry dock!

I'm also looking forward to seeing her after the refurb. :)

Marine Traffic is showing her right in the dock now. Last time we were able to see the dock gates closing - didn't see much of it this time. :rolleyes:

ShowImage.aspx?i=186329 Pacific Dawn at ShipWatcher

ShowImage.aspx?i=186363 Pacific Dawn at ShipWatcher

Pacific Sun from Pacific Dawn. The only web cam to cover Portside! :D

It would be great if Portside had a webcam back the other way onto the river wouldn't it.

We'll have to rely on our CC friends in Brisbane to post regular updates on this thread for us ... so that we can keep watch on her! ;):)

[ShowImage.aspx?i=186363 Pacific Dawn at ShipWatcher

Pacific Sun from Pacific Dawn. The only web cam to cover Portside! :D

Hi

Are you sure that is the Pacific Sun??? - Looks like it has a blue funnel where as the Pacific Sun's is white. But there maybe something in the background which makes it look blue.

Regards

Roland

Yes, Rolls, I am sure. :) Pacific Sun is home-porting at Portside, Brisbane and it was her turn-around day for the next cruise. I think that is a building you can see - there is a building frenzy nearby at the moment! :D

Yes, Rolls, I am sure. :) Pacific Sun is home-porting at Portside, Brisbane and it was her turn-around day for the next cruise. I think that is a building you can see - there is a building frenzy nearby at the moment! :D

Thanks, it will not be long and the Sun will be sailing into the distant sunset.

Been on her a couple of times and had a great time on both occasions.

Regards

Roland.

Thanks, it will not be long and the Sun will be sailing into the distant sunset.

Been on her a couple of times and had a great time on both occasions.

Regards

Roland.

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing on the P Sun, but I know many people are quite fond of her.

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing on the P Sun, but I know many people are quite fond of her.

The other thing I have just noticed is that the P Dawn's webcam is frozen, which explains why the P Sun was not in Brisbane at the time I looked at the P&O cams.

Regards

Roland

The other thing I have just noticed is that the P Dawn's webcam is frozen, which explains why the P Sun was not in Brisbane at the time I looked at the P&O cams.

Regards

Roland

:D:D:D I have to admit I have been caught like that in the past! They seem to stop transmitting during dry docks - guess there is no point any way. At least the screen is not black...........yet!

Sandy, they'd stated previously they would be posting videos too. Hopefully soon...

Oh good, I couldn't remember what they said.

David and Brossy - I'm waiting to see where they put the tiger!!! Also can't wait to see what they do, especially for the buffet area.

Oh good, I couldn't remember what they said.

David and Brossy - I'm waiting to see where they put the tiger!!! Also can't wait to see what they do, especially for the buffet area.

What did they have planned for the buffet area? Is it just a refurb so it's the same as the PEarls? The Pacific Dawn has the worst buffet area in the entire fleet, so I hope they do something with it.

I think they might put the toiger in the atrium somewhere :).

What did they have planned for the buffet area? Is it just a refurb so it's the same as the PEarls? The Pacific Dawn has the worst buffet area in the entire fleet, so I hope they do something with it.

Is it worse then the Pacific Sun buffet area??

I think they might put the toiger in the atrium somewhere :).

New colour scheme and furniture, but not sure if they are re-arranging it.

Hope there will still be room to meet "boi the toiger". :D:D:D

New colour scheme and furniture, but not sure if they are re-arranging it.
I reckon they'll rename it the Plantation Buffet as well to match the Jewel and Pearl.

Hope there will still be room to meet "boi the toiger". :D:D:D
Yeah, I reckon it'll be moved to somewhere in the atrium. :)

Archived