Ruby v. Summit

Boatingmom

We've been on both. A lot would depend on the itinerary. In the Med, with mostly port days, either would be perfect. On a cold weather itinerary, I'd goose the Summit. In the Caribbean, I'd choose the Ruby. You really can't go wrong with either, but the Summit feels less crowded.

If it were me, I'd book the Ruby over the Summit. We were on the Summit almost a year ago and while we had a very nice time, both my sister's and my balcony cabins were tiny (only 11" between the end of the bed and the wall, even the room service guy could barely get past) and the food wasn't nearly as good as on Princess. Food is subjective but when you take a piece of meat in the buffet, try to cut into it and it goes flying because it's so hard, it's been sitting there far too long. One night at dinner, six of the eight people at our table sent their entrees back, they were so unappetizing-looking. Neither of our toilets worked for three days and we never received even acknowledgement much less an "We're sorry." I understand you have to book a cabin in Aqua Class to get a decent cabin and food on the Summit. I'm just not willing to pay a premium for what I consider basic.

Archived